UFC 224 Lowest PPV Buys in Last 10 Years

<WellThere>Called it exactly around 90k. Nunes sets the new modern era record why she likes these fight over Cyborg I'll never know. Colby being afraid of Brazil really hurt this card.

Lol at the assholes who make a million dollars a year for matchmaking and setting bout orders.

Lol harder at whoever is paying them.

What may have contributed to only 85,000 buying UFC 224
was the combination of a women's main event and another
women's fight two fights before that when the best choice for
the main event would have been Gastelum vs Souza.

A feces mountain main event certainly helped drive the buys down.

The UFC break even at like 4,000 ppv's.

In their eyes they just put out another hit single.

I'm sure the buy rates are gonna be low but that 85,000 number is meaningless. It's from Cyborg's website. The only credible source for ppv numbers is Dave Meltzer.

Yet another thread spouting a buy rate from a less than valid source. Well done TS, well done.

PS - Yes I hate Wmma and if the buy rate is low I blame the women. If the buys were good, it's despite the women trying to bring down the buys and luckily the men were able to save it!

True or not, the UFC deserves everything that comes for putting on two legends fifth on the bill beneath two WMMA fights and fucking Mackenzie Dern. As Dern would say herself.....is bad no.

I only went to a pub for a few drinks and that showed fights that didn't charge cover just to watch Machida vs Belfort lol

Manlets, Irrelevant WMMA fight, Punching bag vs Champ for the main event.

Ridiculous $70 price tag and going against a quality bellator card. Also Avengers lol

Don’t mean to hijack the thread , but is there a standard source/lag time for PPV buys to be published?

I’d be interested in knowing about it

If true, that's the lowest PPV buyrate since 2004 - Cote/Ortiz.

You have 2 gay fighters fighting for the title and WME-IMG can't even put them on Ellen.

Don’t mean to hijack the thread , but is there a standard source/lag time for PPV buys to be published?

I’d be interested in knowing about it
Dave Metgzer is the authority on PPV buys. I think it normally takes 2 weeks or so for numbers to all come in (not sure, maybe it's a little quicker?)

As for Sherdog authority on PPV buys, that'd be @FrankieNYC

Any other poster is full of shit and is not to be believed (including me).

Back