UFC 221 - Rockhold vs Romero - Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to it while I worked out the other day, but i could be mistaken- didnt they talk up Branch in that fight? I thought, initially, they didn't like what they saw from Branch but upon re-watch, they were surprised w how well Branch looked/did

They said that Luke looked tentative on his back foot and that he looked shocked that his "new tools" weren't working for him.
They also said that Luke didn't start working until Branch hurt him. Branch didn't respect Luke's boxing, pressed forward and had success.
I don't think that they talked Branch up.

They said that Luke looked tentative on his back foot and that he looked shocked that his "new tools" weren't working for him.
They also said that Luke didn't start working until Branch hurt him. Branch didn't respect Luke's boxing, pressed forward and had success.
I don't think that they talked Branch up.
maybe im getting it mixed up w somethign else i listened to? idk.

maybe im getting it mixed up w somethign else i listened to? idk.

Maybe.
Who do you think that is going to be the underdog that nobody talked about that cashes this event?
Safarov?

Maybe.
Who do you think that is going to be the underdog that nobody talked about that cashes this event?
Safarov?
Might just be Matthews. The entire forum's on his opponent so it's set up nicely.

Might just be Matthews. The entire forum's on his opponent so it's set up nicely.

And it's not like it's impossible to see Matthews scoring a few takedowns and eeking out a home-cooked decision.

kennedy +3.5 -130 feels off, man. i definitely don't see a finish in this fight: i think kennedy can take a round, even in aus.. they're gonna wrestle.. kennedy also has size on volk..

taking it -130. taking it -140, too.

as well they should. take note, aussie open!
a-23vK.gif

any history of aussie money coming in late on there fighters?

I don't get the Rockhold massive preference. This fight is definitely a toss up for me.

O1.5 is the only thing I'm touching.

I don't get the Rockhold massive preference. This fight is definitely a toss up for me.

O1.5 is the only thing I'm touching.
+145 odds on Romero is pretty good value for a toss up, you might wanna touch that as well :D

The Dog or Pass podcast for 221 is up. I think Cody Saftic has some pretty good analysis.

+145 odds on Romero is pretty good value for a toss up, you might wanna touch that as well :D
Romero DEC +550 is good as well. He has underrated hands around here, I think - whereas Luke lacks. He might avoid all takedowns...Finish it...Live dog FOR SURE

i cant see that line getting any better.

if rockhold cant get romero down, its edge of your seat for every minute that luke has to stay on his feet protecting his glass

I think that the Luke Rockhold glass chin narrative is a little over done.

Also remember that Romero ground'n'pounded Jacare hard, even with the risks involved...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back