UFC 220 PPV buys are out

ArabicCanadian

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Estimates for the UFC 220 buyrate are in.

Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter has revealed that the event looks to have brought in around 350,000 pay-per-view buys. UFC 220 featured two title bouts. In the main event, Stipe Miocic successfully defended his heavyweight gold against Francis Ngannou. Daniel Cormier finished Volkan Oezdemir in the second round to retain his light heavyweight title.

Miocic and Cormier are set to clash in the main event of UFC 226 on July 7 for Miocic’s title.

Source http://www.mmanews.com/ufc-220-brings-in-estimated-350000-ppv-buys-report/

Damn. PPVs are bombing for the UFC. 350,000 is probably an expected number for this card in 2018. Which is terrible.

Why do people care so much?

good to see peeps didnt buy into the ngannou hype.

romero vs rockhold will do poorly... i think the cyborg fight after will do better..

That's the best the UFC can do without Lesnar/Mcgregor/Jones

HW title fight , 350,000 is good , can't see them getting higher then that again this year unless the WWE tards buy the fuck out of the CM Punk shit .

Looks like the UFC trying to market Ngannou didn’t have much of an impact. At least, not as much as one might think.

UFC might as well stop forcing people to pay for cards. After all, they don't even need PPV money to make record profits.

good to see peeps didnt buy into the ngannou hype.

romero vs rockhold will do poorly... i think the cyborg fight after will do better..
There was a lot of marketing behind this one. Romero-Rockhold will do 120k at best.

Damn. PPVs are bombing for the UFC. 350,000 is probably an expected number for this card in 2018. Which is terrible.
Don't worry, they have a great solution to reverse dwindling PPV sales .... raise the prices.

reece.JPG

I was hoping for 400k...

UFC is dying <DCrying>

And UFC really tried to hype Ngannou. It really shows that Dana and Rogan are losing credibility.

Both big men's titles on the line and they did 350k? Not a good sign of things to come.

To many fights weaken the interest. The cards are diluted and customers can watch free fights every other weekend. If there was 1 PPV event each month and no free fights the PPV # would increase significantly.

Back