***UFC 214's Jason "The Kid" Knight SHERDOG Q&A***

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think of that Lee vs chiesa stoppage? Are thete any refs you prefer being the 3rd man in the cage?
I think the stoppage was b*******and I Like Big John McCarthy as a ref

I believe that I'm just now beginning to evolve but I get better every day and I will never stop trying to evolve and improve in all aspects of my game I'm working hard not only closing holes offensive but I'm closing how is defensive as well trying to fix any mistakes I made before and prevent making mistakes in the future the highest level fighter I have trained with would probably be Anthony Pettis and the guys at roufusport I trained there for about a week one time

Thanks for the response! Did not expect you to be so thorough :)

I would've loved to be a fly on the wall when you worked with Duke and Anthony. Obviously you seem to prefer working with your own team now, but do you see a future where you might join one of the big teams (Jackson-Wink, Roufus, Kings, Tristar, ATT, Alpha Male, Team Dillasnake etc)?

Btw I'd love to see you go against Holloway one day. Belt or no belt, that would be stylistic fireworks.

@Jason Knight

I don't have any questions but I just wanna say, I never saw your debut but i saw the start of your streak. You're by far one of my favourite featherweights in the ufc. Decision, sub or ko, you're very entertaining.

I loved your post fight speech after beating Hooker, you said something like "i didn't come here to beat your guy, I came to entertain you".

Keep up the great performances and thanks for popping in.

Hi Jason. Love watching you fights. They are always exciting.

Once you beat lamas what are your thoughts about facing fellow featherweight juggernaut and contender artem lobov?
If I beat Ricardo Lamas that would be a stupid fight to take afterwards that would make me go backwards and I only want to go forwards but I would fight him happily easy fight

If I beat Ricardo Lamas that would be a stupid fight to take afterwards that would make me go backwards and I only want to go forwards but I would fight him happily easy fight
lol you would beat the brakes off of poor Artem

I will fight whoever the UFC gives me next but it would be nice if they gave me someone to advance closer to the title

Dana hates that 'I will fight whoever they want' speech. Call someone out, call out aldo and taunt him.

Hi Jason. I read an article on sherdog the other day about the new breed of featherweights. They mentioned you, yair, choi, and the strabanimal. Who do you think would be the toughest fight?

Good luck against lamas. I don't see him giving you much trouble but it'll be a nice feather in your cap.

@Jason Knight Are fighters just as frustrated as fans as to how long it seems to take the matchmakers to book fighters to a fight. Even when 2 guys are calling each other out like mike perry and al iaquinta they don't even book it. That is a crazy good fight and they didnt do it.

Hi Jason.

Floyd vs. Conor. Who you got? Are you cheering for the MMA guy (and FW GOAT) or do you not give a shit?

Hey Jason,

Which win of yourself do you remember the most and why?

And second, any advice for up and coming fighters?

Good luck in your next fight!
The win I remember the most is my fight with Titan FC I fought a tough Russian who beat the hell out of me for two rounds and I eventually Got the submission that is the final fight that landed me in the UFC.. my advice for up-and-coming Fighters is to work your ass off and believe in yourself

Hello Jason, nice to have you here. What do you think of Aldo´s situation in the division right now? Do you think he should go up as see how LW feels like or do you think he should stay at FW and climb his way up again?

The win I remember the most is my fight with Titan FC I fought a tough Russian who beat the hell out of me for two rounds and I eventually Got the submission that is the final fight that landed me in the UFC.. my advice for up-and-coming Fighters is to work your ass off and believe in yourself
What is one goal you've set for yourself for your MMA career in a whole other than being UFC champion?

Hi Jason.

Floyd vs. Conor. Who you got? Are you cheering for the MMA guy (and FW GOAT) or do you not give a shit?
I believe Floyd will beat connor up but I really don't give a s*** who wins it would be nice to see Connor knockout Floyd it would also be nice to watch Floyd treat Connor like a b****

Jason I just wanted to say thanks for the always exciting fights. You actually do posdcasts with a friend of mine Kobe. It's great stuff to hear ya on there. Of all the old school fighters who were your favourites?

Last edited:
Hey Jason, are there any techniques in particular that you emphasize to new fighters? Are there any vitamins or supplements worth taking when I train?

You get compared to the Diaz Brothers a lot, I think because of the crazy standup wars, slick jitz, and don't give a fuck attitude. Obviously you are your own man, but what is your opinion of the Diaz Brothers? Are you a fan of them or their style? Do you agree with the comparisons?

I believe Floyd will beat connor up but I really don't give a s*** who wins it would be nice to see Connor knockout Floyd it would also be nice to watch Floyd treat Connor like a b****
Whatdo you think about welterweight prospect Platinum Mike Perry and lightweight contender Kevin Lee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back