UFC 209: Woodley vs Thompson Main Event PBP (Discussion)

He's actually right--he should give himself a D-. And only because he actually decided to fight the last 30 seconds.
The problem here is he's making excuses for every little thing he's doing wrong. He's not taking responsibilities as a grown ass man. That is just inexcusable.

Nate Marquardt took his soul away. He's been a mental midget since then.

Woodley won, deserved to win and these two simply have skill sets that make for an ugly fight.

Anybody who actually thinks Thompson should have won is delusional. All the rounds were for the most part even, with at least one round going to Tyrone.

The last round had Woodley almost finishing Thompson so that round is his. Thompson was defeated fair and square.

I feel like the whole trajectory of this matchup changed in the first round of the first fight. Wonderboy was comfortable utilizing his full arsenal until Woodley caught a kick and held him down the full round. After that, Wonderboy was reluctant to throw any kicks. Wish Thompson had the confidence in his kicks because his reluctance possibly cost him two fights.

Hopefully Trump signs an executive order to strip Tyrun of the belt.

Let's set one of those change.org jobs up and get the ball rolling.
7554a257-8729-4db4-a81d-a48318e799b8
YWu5tjv.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Close fight Wonderboy did well, good win for Woodley!

Last edited:
Thompson 1.2.4. 48-47.

This. I don't see how anyone could give Tyron 3 rounds. He deserved to win because his takedown in the 3rd and the flurry at the end were by far the more significant events in the fight, but in round by round scoring he should've lost. Unless you think those two events were worthy of two 10-8 rounds, which I don't...

Bullshit fight anyway.

What a snore fest of a fight

Woodley easily won this fight. Most people are just too caught up in wanting to see Wonderboy win to see the fight objectively.

Wow those judges ARE racist
No way Wonderboy lost this one

Woodley won, deserved to win and these two simply have skill sets that make for an ugly fight.

Anybody who actually thinks Thompson should have won is delusional. All the rounds were for the most part even, with at least one round going to Tyrone.

The last round had Woodley almost finishing Thompson so that round is his. Thompson was defeated fair and square.

Wonder boy had rounds 1,2,4
Woodley 3,5

Octagon control and pushing the pace goes to wonderboy for 3 rounds. There was barely anything going on but woodley was backed up against the cage.

Woodley took round 3 which was close only because he took wonderboy down and held him down for half the round. Had control of the ground. Round 5 goes to woodley because of the drop. Should not even be considered a 10-8. It wasn't dominating but who cares.

Still the fight goes 2-3 Woodley-wonderboy. So you are delusional sir.

Wonder boy had rounds 1,2,4
Woodley 3,5

Octagon control and pushing the pace goes to wonderboy for 3 rounds. There was barely anything going on but woodley was backed up against the cage.

Woodley took round 3 which was close only because he took wonderboy down and held him down for half the round. Had control of the ground. Round 5 goes to woodley because of the drop. Should not even be considered a 10-8. It wasn't dominating but who cares.

Still the fight goes 2-3 Woodley-wonderboy. So you are delusional sir.

This.

And even if 5th was a 10-8 round, it would still be a draw. Certainly not a win for Woodley.

I think Wonderboy won 3 rounds but I want Woodley to win so that the "racist" meme will not die.

I'm a Wonderboy fan, but he didn't deserve to win that fight, but on the otherhand, neither does woodley...

Other than Sylvia-Monson, have there been any worse title fights?

Back