UFC 209: Woodley vs Thompson Main Event PBP (Discussion)

I've followed the UFC since UFC 182 and that honestly the worst title fight I've ever seen. Could be the worst fight I've ever seen full stop.

Dana looks really asian in that video

cumming-skittles.gif

Woodley won, deserved to win and these two simply have skill sets that make for an ugly fight.

Anybody who actually thinks Thompson should have won is delusional. All the rounds were for the most part even, with at least one round going to Tyrone.

The last round had Woodley almost finishing Thompson so that round is his. Thompson was defeated fair and square.

Didn't watch because of the real main event was canceled, but this sounds an awful lot like the first fight... Thomson didn't deserve a draw in that one... There shouldn't have ever been a rematch.

glad wonderboy lost. dude was fighting to win a decision not finish.

woodly looked like ass too but at least he tried to do something even if it was in last 30 seconds.

Hard to argue with this.

Hopefully Maia gets his shot next. Woodley is very healthy so the turnaround should be quick.

Didn't watch because of the real main event was canceled, but this sounds an awful lot like the first fight... Thomson didn't deserve a draw in that one... There shouldn't have ever been a rematch.

I agree.

This rematch was more telling. I like Wonderboy but he had no significant offense at all. Tyrone not only knocked him down but almost finished him. Doesn't matter if it's the last 30 seconds or the first. Thompson never hurt Woodley enough to make anyone worry.

Dana White and the UFC want to keep Thompson's appeal high so they can rake in some cash, hence Dana saying Thompson won the rematch.

Dana also said the same about Hendricks vs GSP when GSP wanted to take a break from fighting. But that fight was truly back and forth, but yes, Dana has a monetary agenda to keep Wonderboy from falling in the rankings.

3 rounds for WB 10-9
2 rounds for The Victim. Even though if that 5th round would be 10-8 for him, thats still a fookin draw. How is that possible. WB got robbed. He was controlling the fight for 20 out of 25 minutes. Come on man, we all saw it.

Khabib - Fergusson build up was more exciting than this fight

The UFC should cancel Maia/Mas and book a Woodley/Maia for June.

Wow just watched the fights, what a terrible card. As for the main event, as far as I'm concerned both lost because it was one of the most boring main events I've ever seen. GSP is most likely coming for that belt.

What the fuck were judges smoking before the fight?
And where the hell is Khabib? He gotta stop eating all those delicious pirozhki.

on the second watch i had woodly winning

came down to round 2

last night i gave it to wonderboy

today i gave it to twood, they landed the same # of strikes but woodys were harder

woody actually deserved the win, even though i dont like him

besides that he made the most effort to finish, so i m forced to give him credit

but heres something interesting

the only shot that really hurt anyon, was this shot to the back of the head

WeNuQ44.jpg

watching the vid, it was clearly not intentionally targeted there, and therefore was legal

That was AWFUL to watch from a spectator point of view, but as Thompson said in press conf. he had to respect Woodley power... but do Woodley had to.. too??

This looked like a Machida vs Machida fight would looks like...

Each one waiting for the other to counter... for 5 rounds.... ouffffffff

Woodley is right that the MMA fans are mostly racist. Now they're hiding behind the let's spam sarcastic remarks of everything being racist in order to insult him more. Some throw in actual racist remarks in there and try to slide it in as part of the sarcasm.

These dudes are hurt. Hurt by Anderson/franklin... Rashad and rampage/chuck and now wonderboy/woodley twice.

This is the racism that Woodley was talking about. Subtle and insidious, holding minorities to different and higher standards just so you can shit on them

Come on white racists, let the anger and butthurt flow through.

Woodley is right that the MMA fans are mostly racist. Now they're hiding behind the let's spam sarcastic remarks of everything being racist in order to insult him more. Some throw in actual racist remarks in there and try to slide it in as part of the sarcasm.

These dudes are hurt. Hurt by Anderson/franklin... Rashad and rampage/chuck and now wonderboy/woodley twice.

This is the racism that Woodley was talking about. Subtle and insidious, holding minorities to different and higher standards just so you can shit on them

Come on white racists, let the anger and butthurt flow through.
comon man, all those guys go their ass whooped by white guys at some point. people just like other fighters.

Back