UFC 208

IMPmmath

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The main event was confirmed to be Holm/Germ,are there any additions that can make this a decent card? I don't see it happening.Frankie will probably fight to a decision if he's added to the card and idk who's available that will make it a good fight.
The only names on this card are coming off loses.Holm lost her last 2.
Browne and his coach just got their asses kicked. Glovers tooth still hadn't landed.Poirier got ko'd in the first rd....
This is amongst the worst numbered events ever, after the long wait NY had to hold mma events they should of made a solid card. Charging a minimum of $800 for 205 tix wasn't nice either.

Derek Lewis vs. Ronda's baby daddy should be good... and Porier vs. Jim Miller should be a good fight too

Frankie can fight McCall at catch weight when Seery gets struck by the voodoo that follows Ian's opponents.

You don't want to pay $60 to see 2 elite females display their art?
<{nope}>

I've been to many events and have seen elote women fight before, but it always turns into a +200 dollar day when you eat,drink, travel...
I have no problem dropping $200 for a good time but the card is still shit.I would like to see Holly fight but not in the main event after 2 consecutive losses. there's not 1 other fight I'm excited about either.

They need to add Dos Santos vs Werdum to this card for the number one contender. That would give that card a nice boost. I have no fucking clue why Holly vs Germaine is headlining a ppv. I Guess because they can't put together Aldo vs Holloway, but damn.

That championship fight is a disgrace. I wouldn't mind if they had done Holm/Cyborg for the belt even though the division is non-existent.

Totally fine with Holm/GDR as a co-main event, or if they had a really kick-ass co-main non-title fight to pair it with, but right now Lewis vs Browne is co-main eventing this card, and that's just freaking sad, yet alone when paired with Holm/GDR.

I've been to many events and have seen elote women fight before, but it always turns into a +200 dollar day when you eat,drink, travel...
I have no problem dropping $200 for a good time but the card is still shit.I would like to see Holly fight but not in the main event after 2 consecutive losses. there's not 1 other fight I'm excited about either.
Try not being a sexist pig, women have value too. If you don't want to pay that's fine.. but know that your not a real fan. Your complaining about a card with a main event dream fight between a 25 time world champion boxer and a Muay Thai champion with 50+ wins. Imo it's worth it for that fight alone.

That championship fight is a disgrace. I wouldn't mind if they had done Holm/Cyborg for the belt even though the division is non-existent.

Agreed, can't have the first featherweight title fight as a PPV headliner without Cyborg, Holm is coming off two losses and no one outside of the real MMA fan base knows who GDR is

Try not being a sexist pig, women have value too. If you don't want to pay that's fine.. but know that your not a real fan. Your complaining about a card with a main event dream fight between a 25 time world champion boxer and a Muay Thai champion with 50+ wins. Imo it's worth it for that fight alone.
I don't think a fighter on a two loss streak versus someone who has been barely tested in the UFC is worth of main eventing a PPV. Does that not make me a "real" fan?

Overall it's a nice card. The main card could use a boost. Look forward too see LaFlare, Reis, McCall,

This fight without a title is a Fox Sports 1 prelim headliner, Holm has no momentum behind her right now, good fight but it doesn't live up to the magnitude of this platform

Overall it's a nice card. The main card could use a boost. Look forward too see LaFlare, Reis, McCall,
I actually like the under-card as you mentioned, but the main-card really needs at least one more big fight.

I'm not a sexist pig.I was actually going to bring a lady to this event and I treat that lady like a goddess. And I'm as real as a fan gets, I ordered yamma did u? Main event dream fight? Maybe for legacy fc

I don't think a fighter on a two loss streak versus someone who has been barely tested in the UFC is worth of main eventing a PPV. Does that not make me a "real" fan?
Plenty of fighters have headlined coming off 2 losses. It just shows they are battle tested. Like I said these are 2 elite level talents in a once in a life time dream fight. That's why the undercard is weak because they know the main event will sell. So yes, not buying the card makes you not a 'real' fan.

very bad card imo. I can't think of a co main that would help. This is already the average number of fights for a full card. So maybe 1 fight will be added. You can tell it was supposed to be Aldo vs Max because the already started booking Brazilian fighters on the card for people that would travel to NY. So maybe one Brazilian will be added or a New Yorker.

Women's Featherweight Holly Holm vs. Germaine de Randamie
Heavyweight Travis Browne vs. Derrick Lewis
Light Heavyweight Glover Teixeira vs. Jared Cannonier
Lightweight Dustin Poirier vs. Jim Miller
Welterweight Ryan LaFlare vs. Roan Carneiro
Lightweight Paul Felder vs. Gilbert Burns
Flyweight Ian McCall vs. Neil Seery
Lightweight Nik Lentz vs. Islam Makhachev
Welterweight George Sullivan vs. Randy Brown
Heavyweight Marcin Tybura vs. Luis Henrique
Flyweight Wilson Reis vs. Ulka Sasaki

Plenty of fighters have headlined coming off 2 losses. It just shows they are battle tested. Like I said these are 2 elite level talents in a once in a life time dream fight. That's why the undercard is weak because they know the main event will sell. So yes, not buying the card makes you not a 'real' fan.
Dana, is that you under an alias?

very bad card imo. I can't think of a co main that would help. This is already the average number of fights for a full card. So maybe 1 fight will be added. You can tell it was supposed to be Aldo vs Max because the already started booking Brazilian fighters on the card for people that would travel to NY. So maybe one Brazilian will be added or a New Yorker.

Women's Featherweight Holly Holm vs. Germaine de Randamie
Heavyweight Travis Browne vs. Derrick Lewis
Light Heavyweight Glover Teixeira vs. Jared Cannonier
Lightweight Dustin Poirier vs. Jim Miller
Welterweight Ryan LaFlare vs. Roan Carneiro
Lightweight Paul Felder vs. Gilbert Burns
Flyweight Ian McCall vs. Neil Seery
Lightweight Nik Lentz vs. Islam Makhachev
Welterweight George Sullivan vs. Randy Brown
Heavyweight Marcin Tybura vs. Luis Henrique
Flyweight Wilson Reis vs. Ulka Sasaki
Yep, I am guessing/hoping one more fight, likely a co-main such as Edgar vs Lamas or maybe something with Weidman.

If Ronda wins and calls out Holly for a rematch that could give a nice boost of intrigue to the main event.

Back