UFC 206 replay draws record viewership because of NFL lead-in (15 million+ lead in)

Great move by the UFC. Super exiting card, with some breakthrough performances... But basically no one saw the ppv.

Hope they do this more often. Great way to highlight unseen fights.

You know what that now means....

The NFL is dying!!

Viewership went from 6 million at 8pm and dropped every minute to 3.93 million. Absolutely because of lead-in

It dropped to a high number though that's close to the indicated average.

GOAT GUERNICA was watching last night. That was cool to watch man. Even showed my bro that lando KO and that Cub Swanson and that asian dude fight

#GUERNICAbless
If UFC was wise, they would put MAJOR push behind Lando. The guy is the heir to McGregor, in the way of the next potentially massive draw, a truly unique personality that is a proven elite fighter and a fighter that is playing 4-D chess when the field is playing 2-D checkers. We know he is proven, not because of the TFerg or Mak fights, but because of what is said to happen in the gym when he takes on Cerrone and Condit on a daily basis.

If Jackson's says X fighter will be the future champ and is the future of sport, you can rest assured that it will happen. The last time they gave such merit to a fighter was Bones. How did they know Bones was legit, long before he ever became the champ? Because he was clowning Hashad in the gym on a daily basis, and only world champs can compete with Hashad, never mind clown him.

Damn, I thought it was on today for some reason. Wanted to see it again in HD.

GOAT GUERNICA was watching last night. That was cool to watch man. Even showed my bro that lando KO and that Cub Swanson and that asian dude fight

#GUERNICAbless

You're annoying lol. Noone gives a fuck

santa bless
santa-sleigh.jpg

#GroovyGOATChamp2017
#L.O.G
What is L.O.G? Like Lamb Of God but Lando Of God or something?

I'd say he would be champ in '17 but I think Conor and Khabib will create a log jam of injuries and stalled out negotiations. I think 2018 will be when we see Lando get his crack, after stringing together 4-5 wins over the next year and a half. And if you take into account his young age and the stunning progressions in his game in just four years, I fear the man that is going to have to fight him over the next couple years, just as he is hitting his stride like the Johnny Bones Jones from 2009-2011.

All I gotta say is buckle in, because we are about to witness some of the greatest performances ever created in the octagon. And the best part is, Lando is competing in the most stacked division in the history of combat sports. This is gonna be like MW boxing in the 80's on steroids and with Lando competing, it will like 80's MW boxing on roids and LSD.

#GUERNICAbless

Agreed.

Pretty cool seeing family react to Lando's KO & Choi / Cub. Great move by the UFC & fox

I hope HBO gets the next tv deal

MMA needs HBO & Kellerman

Out of the 4 millions, 3 millions of them fell asleep during NFL and never woke up to turn tv off

lead in was a big deal but think if UFC's new deal has less PPV and gives networks bigger Fox shows you will see ratings bigger than that.

lol. someone doesn't understand how tv ratings work.

lead-ins are a HUGE part of a shows ratings. If the ratings of lead-ins suck then shows following will also have low ratings. It's been like that for the last 60 years. Lead-ins are crucial to ratings.

For sure, but even having 4 million viewers as the low point is really damn good for an event replay. We also saw this with a PBC boxing fight this year when they sandwiched boxing in between Olympic events.

If UFC was wise, they would put MAJOR push behind Lando. The guy is the heir to McGregor, in the way of the next potentially massive draw, a truly unique personality that is a proven elite fighter and a fighter that is playing 4-D chess when the field is playing 2-D checkers. We know he is proven, not because of the TFerg or Mak fights, but because of what is said to happen in the gym when he takes on Cerrone and Condit on a daily basis.

If Jackson's says X fighter will be the future champ and is the future of sport, you can rest assured that it will happen. The last time they gave such merit to a fighter was Bones. How did they know Bones was legit, long before he ever became the champ? Because he was clowning Hashad in the gym on a daily basis, and only world champs can compete with Hashad, never mind clown him.

Rewind to two TUF ago with that next Jon Jones losing the Eliminator bout right Away

NFL fans got turned off watching C-level athletes in a d-level sport which is why ratings dropped during the broadcast

This is true since fans of the NFL can only get turned on when watching Black guys.

Back