UFC 205: You can Tyrun, but you can't hide?

Snyper

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Dana just announced that Woodley will be defending against Wonderboy. Which we should all thank him for putting the championship back in UFC. UFC 205, being it is a historical, landmark event; I feel these match ups at MSG would be fitting and sell well thanks to the many story lines involved.

1. GSP vs Hendricks- GSP arguably lost to Johny and if Georges was ever "unhappy with a performance and want to do better," it should be this fight. I mean, there isn't even a bad watermelon juice excuse. The consensus of GSP Fanboys on here is that Post-USADA Bigg Rigg is a washout and a nobody, so it would give Rush a chance to silence those who said Johny won the first fight while, tuning himself up after 3yrs off and another surgery while seeing if he can still make a run toward the title he never technically lost.

1b. GSP vs Diaz- Both fighters are coming off of long layoffs; GSP suffered another ACL injury while on break and needs a tune up fight before moving back up to the true elite; Diaz could avoid GSP's Doctor, avenge the loss, finally gain a win against a real WW in the UFC, and potentially make it a long night for the ring rusted GOAT.

2. Diaz vs Lawler- Both coming off of losses(multiple for Nick), High profile fight for both, allows Robbie to attempt revenge and get back on track, and Nick to prove it wasn't a fluke. Plus, both fighters have evolved(I believe Robbie has more) and have far more experience than their first fight. Beyond that, it would just be a highly entertaining FIGHT.

3. Nunez vs Schevchenko- Gotta give some love to WMMA. Nunez should be there thanks to her utter domination of Tate. Schevchenko just put of a clinic against Holm, the same woman who dethroned the woman's GOAT. These two already have a close fight and seeing as the division is relatively thin of contenders at the moment(and Nunez seems to be ducking Valentina), it makes sense and could be a really fun fight.

Any fights you would like to see at MSG?

Last edited:
Your title is racist

GSP vs Maia is what I want to see... It will be the most passionate fight in history

Good, Wonderboy hype would end quickly than i thought.

GSP vs Hendricks would be good.

That would show where both GSP and Hendricks actually is right now.

If you're going to do the bit, might as well stick with and go with Tyhide.

I'd take anyone except Diaz on the card. The guy has not won a fight since 2011. I don't get why his fans think he deserves anything. He should be fighting on the under card of fight nights at this point in his career and be thankful he's even getting a fight.

giphy.gif

I know it's less than 3 months away, but the UFC 205 possibilities are still surprisingly open.

I'd like to see a McGregor fight, a Weidman fight, an Edgar fight, and at least 2 title fights. On the undercard I want to see exciting style matchups, and some New Yorkers / New Jerseyans for the hometown buzz.

In terms of title fight possibilities, I see these:

DC vs. Rumble/Glover winner [good chance]
Weidman fighting for the vacant MW title if Hendo wins and retires [small chance]
Woodley vs. Wonderboy [good chance unless GSP comes back]
Alvarez vs. McGregor or Diaz or Khabib [good chance]
McGregor vs. Aldo II [good chance] or Aldo vs. Holloway if McGregor gives up FW [small chance]
Cruz vs. Dillashaw II or Garbrandt or Lineker [good chance]
Nunes vs. Pena [good chance] or Rousey [decent chance considering Ariel's recent tweets]
JJ vs. KK [good chance]

That's a lot of title fight possibilities.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back