UFC 204: Michael Bisping vs Dan Henderson PBP (Discussion)

Get out of it. Hendo knew none of us really meant it and joked about it at the end. I don't know if you can hear in on Tv but in the arena we all cheered and chanted 'Hendo, Hendo, Hendo' and in his post fight interview he said something like 'why didn't you guys cheer me before the fight'
I actually agree on this occasion and for the record I don't see anything fundamentally wrong with booing someone. What I'm saying is that fight crowds in England can be awful. My friend was at the Crolla fight the other day and someone sparked him out from behind as the result was read out.

I do wee why some feel round 2 should of could have been Hendo's. It is tough because Bisping landed more sig strikes at a higher rate, was the better defensive fighter, controlled the octagon. You could argue Dan maintained control in round 2. Even if he won Round 2 (let's give him 1 and 2 w the knockdowns) Big case for Bisping 3,4 and 5. With 5 again close, Dan had a takedown....But Nisping GOT Up and ended the round on top. In addition, stuffed a takedown. So their is TONS Bisping did in round 5 that create a case he won that round, outside him being taken down. At the end of the day I am not going to argue or tell people they are wrong for thinking Dan won. In lies the inherent difficulties with the 10 must system. But the scoring criteria creates case and point for Bisping as much as Dan. The problem is they took Dillashaws belt but not Conor's. We lack consistancy in the close fights. Especially title fights. That need to change. Either way I loved the fight and again if you think Dan won, I get it. Below is my post fight breakdown and review of the scoring criteria. cheers friends!!! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6FMQvxpgV7KVUuYUtAnfug

Great night of fights. Really impressed with Mousasi and Manuwa. I had Hendo winning that fight but could have went either way. It was a great fight and props to both Hendo and Bisping.

Back