UFC 204: Michael Bisping vs Dan Henderson PBP (Discussion)

One of my boys is Puerto Rican, he went to New York to visit family. He told me he went into a Puerto Rican restaurant that was owned and run by Chinese people and they spoke perfect Spanish.
Yeah, it's sort-of a local joke, here. No-one really cares, they just enjoy the food, like.

its a class thing

the UK has more of an issue with class, than race(or it did... until recently). Southerners(from southern england) view the northern English as lower class, same as they view the Scottish. The Scottish wind the northern English up by calling them southerners(it rustles them good lol). but we share more in common with them than they do with the southerners

its all banter though lol

to answer your question though, David Cameron is posh..... the queen is posh. anyone "upper class" is usually posh as fuck. to them we are peasants

Thanks for the education. I find all this to be utterly fascinating, the social differences based on accent and geography is such a foreign concept to me.

I'm kind of burned out on Europe now, I guess. Well, not really. Plenty of countries I haven't been to yet, but I've been there a lot, and been to a lot of those countries so many times. I would like to explore more of Latin America, Asia, etc...

I envy you, dude. I really do.

Don't think you're missing much. OTOH, America needs more fish&chips places. There are almost none.

Glad to see you haven't become completely paranoid. The latest rage in the States is to ban clown costumes from some places.
The clown thing is supposed to be catching on, here, but you're likely to just get jumped if you're wearing one, so a lot of people don't do it.

Yeah, this dude was walking past me and my mate, with a knife out, with a bunch of 10-year olds screaming at him for brandishing his skeng (knife)

Don't think you're missing much. OTOH, America needs more fish&chips places. There are almost none.

Glad to see you haven't become completely paranoid. The latest rage in the States is to ban clown costumes from some places.

So true, closest thing we have is Long John Silvers. A poor imitation for sure, but I eat the shit out of the fish and chips.

Yeah I got that sense, the presenter in one of the videos was stressing the importance of RP and the impression of that it was the vernacular of the educated..
In the workplace, it's proper to speak in that sort of way. Out of work, and with friends, I use a lot of slang, and speak in a way that feels most natural, to me.

Thanks for the education. I find all this to be utterly fascinating, the social differences based on accent and geography is such a foreign concept to me.
well in a mainly white country...... who are the establishment supposed to be racist to? that scared the shit out of them so they brought in the class system so they could be racist to other white people lol

I envy you, dude. I really do.
Thanks, man. Although this year was the first time I'd been in Europe since 2009. I went on a massive 3-week Euro Trip that year. IIRC, I flew to London, then Paris, then Corsica, then Nice, then drove to Monaco, Milan, Lake Como, Venice, Rome. I got used to it growing up, so it's not really anything out of the ordinary for me.

In the workplace, it's proper to speak in that sort of way. Out of work, and with friends, I use a lot of slang, and speak in a way that feels most natural, to me.

Of course, I think that's universal for most people. I def talk a different way when I'm at the hospital or in class than when I'm with my friends.

Thanks, man. Although this year was the first time I'd been in Europe since 2009. I went on a massive 3-week Euro Trip that year. IIRC, I flew to London, then Paris, then Corsica, then Nice, then drove to Monaco, Milan, Lake Como, Venice, Rome. I got used to it growing up, so it's not really anything out of the ordinary for me.

That's bad ass.

So true, closest thing we have is Long John Silvers. A poor imitation for sure, but I eat the shit out of the fish and chips.
Harry Ramsden's is a shout, but nearly every local chip shop is homogenised, so it's hard to go wrong.

Chippies are definitely something I take for granted.

Alright boys, I have to crash. Old fuckers like Hendo and I need our sleep, he's only 2 years older than me.

Of course, I think that's universal for most people. I def talk a different way when I'm at the hospital or in class than when I'm with my friends.
But people can form opinions about you, if you use it outside of where it's expected. I would get called a "posh twat", if I spoke proper all the time.

Harry Ramsden's is a shout, but nearly every local chip shop is homogenised, so it's hard to go wrong.

Chippies are definitely something I take for granted.

I love fish and chips! So hard to find a quality place here in the states.

Alright boys, I have to crash. Old fuckers like Hendo and I need our sleep, he's only 2 years older than me.
holy shit..... you're like...... old

lol :p

Back