UFC 202's main card value has GREATLY diminished...

Brah, the 2 best cards of the last however many years were ones that consisted of the Conor fight and the insane co-main. 189 had some other great fights, and there's plenty of potential on this one.

The formula is there.

topop.gif~c200

You made a thread saying the opposite a week ago

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-202-is-that-good.3305485
How could anybody possibly say that this card isn't very good?
The main card should be over the top exciting to the say the very least. Of course it is a bit of a bummer that Maia/Condit was moved to UFC on Fox 21 but saying that this card isn't very good on paper is just a little ridiculous IMO.

View attachment 125543

Thoughts on 202 as a whole?

And guess what? A week ago the fights hadn't fallen out yet. You're not very bright I see.
Fights on cards always change, your fault for jumping the gun.

I always laugh at arkridges rate this card thread that he makes months in advance

Its still a great card. The PPV took more of a hit by them just stacking the prelims rather than the main card. Magny/Larkin and No Love/Takeya should be main card as you said.

But they want people to watch the prelims and that will help. People only need McGregor vs Diaz to buy the PPV.

If it truly ends up the Means and Lim fights. They are both fighting fun action new comers. They may not be high level. But casuals are there to see the top fights. So they'll be fun ones to get started with.

Took a few hits. Was perfect to start. Lost some luster but still amazing.

Last 3 fights make up for it.
Conor beats Nate and we will witness hundreds of sherdoggers turning into McGregor fans all of the sudden.

Either AJ will brutally KO Glover or Glover will win eventually by being a warrior that he is and finding a way to sneak in that RNC

And Cerrone... We all know what a beast he is
Meh, I still like Holm and I still like Arlovski regardless of where their career goes. Not all of us are band wagoners, casuals or fake fans.

Fights on cards always change, your fault for jumping the gun.

I always laugh at arkridges rate this card thread that he makes months in advance
Fair enough, but I mean be reasonable. I said in the title that it has greatly diminished which it has over time of course, also the bout order wasn't confirmed until this past Saturday and the bout order also is just terrible.

The main and the co-main are worth the price of admission in my opinion

Assuming TS is actually paying for PPV

There's a strategy to setting up the bout order. If you haven't figured that out by now, then you'll be consistently disappointed

The main and the co-main are worth the price of admission in my opinion

Assuming TS is actually paying for PPV

There's a strategy to setting up the bout order. If you haven't figured that out by now, then you'll be consistently disappointed
My point is that when the higher profile opponents fell out they should've fixed the bout order to cancel out the fallouts, not give them low profile fights and leave it on the main card.

Am I the only one who thinks that UFC 202's main card value has just consistely diminished? (This is coming from a huge Conor fan) If you don't think so explain why.

The PPV main card is scheduled as follows...

Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz II
Anthony Johnson vs Glover Teixiera
Donald Cerrone vs Rick Story
Hyun Gyu Lim vs Mike Perry
Tim Means vs Sabah Homasi

The original bouts that were scheduled were Hyun Gyu Lim vs Sultan Aliev and Tim Means vs Sean Strickland which were fairly decent fights but both guys fell out and now they are replaced with Mike Perry and Sabah Homasi? For a PPV main card? That is just mind blowing to me.

Cody Garbandt vs Takeya Mizugaki
Neil Magny vs Lorenz Larkin

How the card should've went down courtesy of @Nightmaree
The only fight in there that has taken a hit is Means/Strickland. Aliev is an unknown getting replaced by another unknown, fight is still going to end in a KO too, so it isn't much of a hit. And many people don't know who Strickland is either. He's really skilled, but can be considered boring at times. Him being replaced by Homasi probably made the fight better, considering that it's most likely to end in a brutal Ko now.

Let's be real, most people are interested in the top 3 fights only, couldn't care less about Sultan and Generic White Male getting replaced.

My point is that when the higher profile opponents fell out they should've fixed the bout order to cancel out the fallouts, not give them low profile fights and leave it on the main card.

Nobody gives a fuck about Sultan Aliev or Sean Strickland on a Conor McGreggor vs Nate Diaz headlined card.

The only fight in there that has taken a hit is Means/Strickland. Aliev is an unknown getting replaced by another unknown, fight is still going to end in a KO too, so it isn't much of a hit. And many people don't know who Strickland is either. He's really skilled, but can be considered boring at times. Him being replaced by Homasi probably made the fight better, considering that it's most likely to end in a brutal Ko now.

Let's be real, most people are interested in the top 3 fights only, couldn't care less about Sultan and Generic White Male getting replaced.
We will just agree to disagree, those two fights were much better and to argue against that is just silly.
I don't care about who "many people" don't know, I want to see the best fights not some last minute shitty replacements at least not on the main card.

Nobody gives a fuck about Sultan Aliev or Sean Strickland on a Conor McGreggor vs Nate Diaz headlined card.
You mean casuals don't give a fuck? Because I do, I want to see the best fights not some shitty last minute replacements ESPECIALLY not on a main card.

Am I the only one who thinks that UFC 202's main card value has just consistely diminished? (This is coming from a huge Conor fan) If you don't think so explain why.

The PPV main card is scheduled as follows...

Hyun Gyu Lim vs Mike Perry
Tim Means vs Sabah Homasi

The original bouts that were scheduled were Hyun Gyu Lim vs Sultan Aliev and Tim Means vs Sean Strickland which were fairly decent fights but both guys fell out and now they are replaced with Mike Perry and Sabah Homasi? For a PPV main card? That is just mind blowing to me.

Cody Garbandt vs Takeya Mizugaki
Neil Magny vs Lorenz Larkin

How the card should've went down courtesy of @Nightmaree
the top 2 fights sell the card by themselves...... add in Cowboy and I dont see how it can be any worse than 200 or 201?

You mean casuals don't give a fuck? Because I do, I want to see the best fights not some shitty last minute replacements.'m

People in hell want ice water

For Christs sake... You guys do not understand what I'm trying to say here.

It is usually the ones people think will suck that end up being great.

Back