UFC 202's main card value has GREATLY diminished...

McgreGOATsLeft

alone
@red
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks that UFC 202's main card value has just consistely diminished? (This is coming from a huge Conor fan) If you don't think so explain why.

The PPV main card is scheduled as follows...

Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz II
Anthony Johnson vs Glover Teixiera
Donald Cerrone vs Rick Story
Hyun Gyu Lim vs Mike Perry
Tim Means vs Sabah Homasi

The original bouts that were scheduled were Hyun Gyu Lim vs Sultan Aliev and Tim Means vs Sean Strickland which were fairly decent fights but both guys fell out and now they are replaced with Mike Perry and Sabah Homasi? For a PPV main card? That is just mind blowing to me.

Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz II
Anthony Johnson vs Glover Teixiera
Donald Cerrone vs Rick Story
Cody Garbandt vs Takeya Mizugaki
Neil Magny vs Lorenz Larkin

How the card should've went down courtesy of @Nightmaree

last three fights are enough to hold my interest

tumblr_o9yimjscxd1roxnapo1_400.gif

Agreed, I expected much more.

Last 3 fights make up for it.
Conor beats Nate and we will witness hundreds of sherdoggers turning into McGregor fans all of the sudden.

Either AJ will brutally KO Glover or Glover will win eventually by being a warrior that he is and finding a way to sneak in that RNC

And Cerrone... We all know what a beast he is

It's nice. Of course, with Condit/Maia and without the injuries it would have been great.

Still a really stacked card, I'm excited for it.

Also some fights on the prelims I'm looking forward to. Magny vs Larkin, & Randa vs Casey.

Lol if you think anyone that pays for PPVs is buying it cause of anything other than the main event.

The main card is still good in the sense we still get to see HGL & Dirty Bird fight.

Sure they're against newbs but you never know how well these guys fight until they throw down. Could very well be barn burners or one sided beat downs, so suspend your expectations let it play out.

Also there are hella good fights on the card its just that someone has to headline the prelims and you gotta sacrifice a little for the "importance" of the undercard.

All in all, a little deflating indeed.

Garbrandt vs. Mizu is a mismatch, keep it off the main card. Rumble is fighting so I'm happy.

Still a really stacked card, I'm excited for it.

Also some fights on the prelims I'm looking forward to. Magny vs Larkin, & Randa vs Casey.
Magny/Larkin, Randa/Casey, & Garbrandt/Mizugaki are all fights that I'm looking forward to but 2/3 of those should be on the main card.

I'm still looking forward to it alot. Conor-Nate 2 should be exciting and Rumble and Cowboy are two of my favorite fighters.

Condit - Maia was an interesting fight to me and made the main card a lot stronger. Who knows what happened to what they had in mind for Vancouver - it is what it is.

Lol if you think anyone that pays for PPVs is buying it cause of anything other than the main event.
Rumble/Glover is a bit more appealing for me, though Conor/Nate is absolutely a big selling point.

Back