UFC 202 Prelims to be shown on FS2?!?!?!!!! (Outrage)

UFC is big part of BT Sport, they push it heavily.

They have UFC buildup shows on at primetime the night of an events and then they repeat the PPV event at like 9pm the next night.

I also remember them having that McGregor/Aldo "No Chuch In The Wild" promo playing during practically every ad break.

As for how big the sport is and can be, I think it'll always be star driven. Like boxing, the biggest stars will crossover into the mainstream and get those who don't follow the sport closely to watch their fights but only the hardcore fans will be watching on a regular basis.
Still pretty jealous because BT Sport is the shit yeh

Moronic post is moronic. TS simply stated that MLB ratings have never been lower. The MLB has what 300+ games? UFC doesn't come close to that many events so it's not far fetched to think that UFC major event prelims>your average MLB ball game. That does not equal MLB being bigger than UFC. Critical thinking is dead even at it's most basic level.
image.gif

Spot on brotha!

Still pretty jealous because BT Sport is the shit yeh

Yeah, they have their own UFC content which they do a really good job of. Gareth A Davies is the lead presenter.

This McGregor special they did leading up to 196 is awesome, covers his entire UFC run with interviews with his family etc.

UFC is big part of BT Sport, they push it heavily.

They have UFC buildup shows on at primetime the night of an events and then they repeat the PPV event at like 9pm the next night.

I also remember them having that McGregor/Aldo "No Chuch In The Wild" promo playing during practically every ad break.

As for how big the sport is and can be, I think it'll always be star driven. Like boxing, the biggest stars will crossover into the mainstream and get those who don't follow the sport closely to watch their fights but only the hardcore fans will be watching on a regular basis.
without the Prem and Champions League football,BT Sport would fold,they may push the UFC,but if the numbers were that good,Sky would've out bid them,there isn't one UFC fighter who has really crossed into the mainstream,MMA fans and Males 18 to 35 may know Conor or Bisping,but they're hardly mainstream.

Yeah, they have their own UFC content which they do a really good job of. Gareth A Davies is the lead presenter.

This McGregor special they did leading up to 196 is awesome, covers his entire UFC run with interviews with his family etc.

I need BT Sport, looks like it's time to move.

Btw, that no church in the wild Conor/Aldo promo was sick. <42>

without the Prem and Champions League football,BT Sport would fold,they may push the UFC,but if the numbers were that good,Sky would've out bid them,there isn't one UFC fighter who has really crossed into the mainstream,MMA fans and Males 18 to 35 may know Conor or Bisping,but they're hardly mainstream.

Oh yeah, football is their bread and butter. Of course.

MMA has been becoming more mainstream in the UK over the last year or so, Daily Mail now has a UFC section, BBC and Sky Sports websites have been posting the the top stories. I read that UFC used Sky interest to get a better price from BT in the deal they just signed.

I'm not sure I'd like it if MMA became truly mainstream, we'd have to suffer so many people talking about it who don't really understand it.

It's like the football fans who claim to be fans of one of the big teams but can only name 3 players.

MMA has been becoming more mainstream in the UK over the last year or so, Daily Mail now has a UFC section, BBC and Sky Sports websites have been posting the the top stories. I read that UFC used Sky interest to get a better price from BT in the deal they just signed.

I'm not sure I'd like it if MMA became truly mainstream, we'd have to suffer so many people talking about it who don't really understand it.

It's like the football fans who claim to be fans of one of the big teams but can only name 3 players.
I most definitely wouldn't like it if MMA became truly mainstream, it would become insufferable.

Who really reads the Daily Mail ? Its has a section for web hits,anyone who's that interested in MMA from the UK is on here or another long standing MMA Forum,mma will never get close to mainstream in the UK,i certainly don't see much of a change in the next decade at least....but thats a discussion for another time.

Who really reads the Daily Mail?.

23 million buy the newspaper (highest selling uk newspaper) and they get more than a 100 million unique visitors per month on their website.

23 million buy the newspaper (highest selling uk newspaper) and they get more than a 100 million unique visitors per month on their website.
where the fuck did you get those figures ? the Sun has been the biggest selling daily for years,that isn't even up for dispute,and that only sells over 2 million a day.

they've whored their website out for a long time,it does has many visitors,but out of that 100 million,i'd be surprised if even as many as 500 went there for MMA related reasons.

where the fuck did you get those figures ? the Sun has been the biggest selling daily for years,that isn't even up for dispute,and that only sells over 2 million a day.

they've whored their website out for a long time,it does has many visitors,but out of that 100 million,i'd be surprised if even as many as 500 went there for MMA related reasons.

Actually, you're right in print. The Sun does 12,658,000 a month, DM does 10,636,000.

They definitely do whore out their website. But I've seen UFC articles advertised down the side while on the pages of headline news.

So it's significant, you know, it's out there.

Not that I'm some DM advocate or anything, I haven't bought a newspaper in many years and only look at their website for football news really.

And yeah, nobody is really gonna go there for MMA when you MMAFighting.com etc

Actually, you're right in print. The Sun does 12,658,000 a month, DM does 10,636,000.

They definitely do whore out their website. But I've seen UFC articles advertised down the side while on the pages of headline news.

So it's significant, you know, it's out there.

Not that I'm some DM advocate or anything, I haven't bought a newspaper in many years and only look at their website for football news really.

And yeah, nobody is really gonna go there for MMA when you MMAFighting.com etc
yeah,its there and you noticed it because you have an interested in MMA,i'd say 9 out of 10 people that saw them,gave zero fucks,because they don't know or don't care about MMA,the greatest and most technical ground fight you can think of will still be label 'gay' and/or 'boring' if shown in a Pub anywhere across the UK.

yeah,its there and you noticed it because you have an interested in MMA,i'd say 9 out of 10 people that saw them,gave zero fucks,because they don't know or don't care about MMA,the greatest and most technical ground fight you can think of will still be label 'gay' and/or 'boring' if shown in a Pub anywhere across the UK.

Sad but true.

Moronic post is moronic. TS simply stated that MLB ratings have never been lower. The MLB has what 300+ games? UFC doesn't come close to that many events so it's not far fetched to think that UFC major event prelims>your average MLB ball game. That does not equal MLB being bigger than UFC. Critical thinking is dead even at it's most basic level.

Wow, all the way down to personal insults. It all boils down to what people want. More people in the US want to watch a baseball game than UFC. Think critically about that for a while. UFC is probably on the level of Nascar, maybe even lower.

What's the difference if Bruce Springsteen is his shidoshi ?

Watch FS2.

kenneth-siu-victor-bloodsport-150x150.gif

Back