UFC 202 Prelims to be shown on FS2?!?!?!!!! (Outrage)

Doesnt appear to be true. ONly game listed is 4pm Mets vs Giants on FS1.

Here is the Aug 20th MLB Schedule

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/schedule?season=2016&date=2016-08-20&seasonType=1

Not sure what else FS1 would be airing that would push the UFC off it.

UFC site also doesnt list the card's bout order or the network its airing on yet so as of right now I'm gonna go with prelims will air on FS1 but we'll see once bout order is complete and UFC issues a release about it.

Give me a break.

Real housewives regularly draws 2+ million viewers and UFC prelims frequently draw less than 1.5 million.

UFC 200 prelims PEAKED at just over 2 million viewers. Real housewives of Atlanta AVERAGES around 3 million viewers.

Should I go on?

hey man, at least you get to watch them on your tv. I'm gonna be streaming that shit on some choppy ass website because for god knows what reason Comcast doesn't have FS2. I'm sitting here with cash in my hand saying "take my money and give me FS2," and Comcast is like, "nah."
I mean yeah, I'm still glad that I get to watch them but my point is that for a big card like this the prelims should not be aired on a secondary network that isn't even in HD. (for me at least)

Real housewives regularly draws 2+ million viewers and UFC prelims frequently draw less than 1.5 million.

UFC 200 prelims PEAKED at just over 2 million viewers. Real housewives of Atlanta AVERAGES around 3 million viewers.

Should I go on?
You said a RERUN, key word.

last Sat MLB on FS1 in that 7-10pm slot did 386k with 97k in the key demo.

UFC on FS2 did 331k with 173k viewers in the key demo, those are the numbers for you.

Doesnt appear to be true. ONly game listed is 4pm Mets vs Giants on FS1.

Here is the Aug 20th MLB Schedule

http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/schedule?season=2016&date=2016-08-20&seasonType=1

Not sure what else FS1 would be airing that would push the UFC off it.

UFC site also doesnt list the card's bout order or the network its airing on yet so as of right now I'm gonna go with prelims will air on FS1 but we'll see once bout order is complete and UFC issues a release about it.
NASCAR possibly.

I mean yeah, I'm still glad that I get to watch them but my point is that for a big card like this the prelims should not be aired on a secondary network that isn't even in HD. (for me at least)
haha, 1st world problems are a bitch.*

*(I also suffer from 1st world problems.)

You said a RERUN, key word.

last Sat MLB on FS1 in that 7-10pm slot did 386k with 97k in the key demo.

UFC on FS2 did 331k with 173k viewers in the key demo, those are the numbers for you.

Well idk. You'd have to assume the people at Fox put the prelims on FS2 for business reasons if true but I'd be more likely to think it's just an error in the programming guide and the prelims will actually be on FS1.

Well idk. You'd have to assume the people at Fox put the prelims on FS2 for business reasons if true but I'd be more likely to think it's just an error in the programming guide and the prelims will actually be on FS1.
You're most likely right but who knows, because last week when I checked it said they were airing on fs1 so...

No moron, I'm just pissed that they would pick to air a baseball game over a pretty big UFC card's prelims.
i'm pretty sure someone may have already said this,but this is what happens when you follow a niche sport.

i'm pretty sure someone may have already said this,but this is what happens when you follow a niche sport.
But the problem is that this is a pretty big card and MLB's ratings have never been lower.

sport-preview-ufc-and-bt-sport.jpg

Prelims and PPV back to back, no need to change channel.

Angry-Baby-Fist-Meme-03.jpg
thats because its being broadcast in the early hours of the morning,i remember when the UFC was shown on ESPN Europe,French League Cup Final went to extra time,cut into a meant to be Live European Card,fights got cut and tape delayed.

But the problem is that this is a pretty big card and MLB's ratings have never been lower.
I don't know the ratings of either sport where you're from,but I would be surprise if baseball didn't have a bigger audience and more casuals too,like I said,MMA,is still a niche sport,it'll always be a niche sport,you'll just have to deal with it.

I don't know the ratings of either sport where you're from,but I would be surprise if baseball didn't have a bigger audience and more casuals too,like I said,MMA,is still a niche sport,it'll always be a niche sport,you'll just have to deal with it.
I currently reside in the US and baseball's ratings are VERY VERY low currently, my source is Colin Cowherd.

thats because its being broadcast in the early hours of the morning,i remember when the UFC was shown on ESPN Europe,French League Cup Final went to extra time,cut into a meant to be Live European Card,fights got cut and tape delayed.

UFC is big part of BT Sport, they push it heavily.

They have UFC buildup shows on at primetime the night of an events and then they repeat the PPV event at like 9pm the next night.

I also remember them having that McGregor/Aldo "No Chuch In The Wild" promo playing during practically every ad break.

As for how big the sport is and can be, I think it'll always be star driven. Like boxing, the biggest stars will crossover into the mainstream and get those who don't follow the sport closely to watch their fights but only the hardcore fans will be watching on a regular basis.

You think UFC is bigger than MLB? OK then
Moronic post is moronic. TS simply stated that MLB ratings have never been lower. The MLB has what 300+ games? UFC doesn't come close to that many events so it's not far fetched to think that UFC major event prelims>your average MLB ball game. That does not equal MLB being bigger than UFC. Critical thinking is dead even at it's most basic level.

Back