UFC 202 Prelims to be shown on FS2?!?!?!!!! (Outrage)

Not surprising, the baseball game will probably pull better ratings.

I've never understood why they do that, but Dish Network has a few Fox, CBS Sports, and ESPN channels that are SD only... kinda weird.
I don't either, but the fact that they are airing a big card's prelims on FS2 that is in SD is ridiculous. I have a 65 inch tv and SD just does not look good displaying on the tv at all, that's why this annoys me.

that's taking too long. they should give me mod powers, I'd do fantastic work around these forums...

You have my vote :D

Vote for BD
tumblr_mzuloovmiS1sbaxnyo1_1280.jpg

So I am just scrolling through the UFC app and I happen to click on the 202 card where it clearly states that the prelims for this card will be shown on FS2?!?!!! This is an outrage and an uproar must occur from us MMA fans, the fact that the televised prelims for a pretty big card are being shown on a secondary Fox Sports network behind what is most likely a baseball game is just absolutely ridiculous.

Edit: For the guys that are going to imply that I can't watch them due to the fact that they are airing on FS2, I CAN watch them you morons.

View attachment 127015
Is this like the last card where I paid $60 and still couldn't watch the prelims online?? If so this is complete and utter bullshit and I agree we seriously need to do something about this. It's a fucking crime.

What's the big deal? As long as I can watch them I don't care what channel they're on. What irritates me is when a Nascar race or a ball game runs late and I have to hunt around the cable channels to find them. I remember one time they were on FX, because whatever was on FS2 ran late as well.
The big deal is the fact that, first of all they are putting a big card's prelims on a secondary network most likely behind a baseball game or a nascar race second of all that FS2 only displays in standard definition for me and it looks terrible on a 65 inch TV.

I don't either, but the fact that they are airing a big card's prelims on FS2 that is in SD is ridiculous. I have a 65 inch tv and SD just does not look good displaying on the tv at all, that's why this annoys me.
Still better quality than streaming from "iffy" web sources though... I'd be more irritated if it were a main card on a UFC on Fox event or something. My main event will still be viewed in all of its 4k HD Glory.

Well, in Canada, UFC moved to a channel called TSN 5 and I'm not even sure that's a real channel. I kinda miss watching fights.

Still better quality than streaming from "iffy" web sources though... I'd be more irritated if it were a main card on a UFC on Fox event or something. My main event will still be viewed in all of its 4k HD Glory.
I definitely agree but this still should not be occurring for such a big card.
Are they allowing this one to be displayed in 4K like 200 again? If so, I'll be viewing in 4K as well.

sport-preview-ufc-and-bt-sport.jpg

Prelims and PPV back to back, no need to change channel.

Angry-Baby-Fist-Meme-03.jpg

Well, in Canada, UFC moved to a channel called TSN 5 and I'm not even sure that's a real channel. I kinda miss watching fights.
I kinda miss my home country Canada, haha.
Not sure if it is a real channel? Explain.

I hope people realize if UFC signs with ESPN this same shit will happen, UFC would be well behind other major sports ESPN airs and with all the live content they'd be getting bumped to ESPN 2, News, and the online app all the time.

UFC only gets bumped off FS1 a few times a year, how often in the years UFC has been on the network have prelims been bumped to FS2 or FX? I can count them on a fingers. Same with cards being pushed to FS2 due to something running late.

It hardly happens, if they move to ESPN it will happen way more than it does now thats for sure.

Yes Fox SPorts has other sports they buy so they have to give other sports prime slots as well but UFC gets how many Sat slots a year? They are one of major sports on FS1. Then picture what they look like on ESPN with big college football, with MLB, with NBA, Tennis, Golf etc and tell me UFC doesnt get bumped to ESPN News and ESPN 3 way more than they do now.

As for it being on FS2 if thats actually the case cause it doesnt say that on UFC site then yeah that sucks for such a big card. Doesnt matter for a card like 201 cause its not gonna sell anyway but for such a big card to lose out on possibly a million viewers for the prelims could really hurt PPV buys.

You are talking prelims doing 1.5 mill or more on FS1 to doing only 300-500k on FS2.

Last edited:
I dunno. In my house they moved to THAT'S FUCKING ILLEGAL.

Back