UFC 202 not trending well?

Well...Conor McGregor refused to do the original promotion work they had lined up for it.

That was for 200 (One press conference). He hasn't refused to do anything in respect to this event as far as I'm aware. They've been putting Nate Diaz out there so far. My guess is McGregor will be doing some of these shows this week or next.

Aldo's average lay-off in the UFC is 7.4 months. It's been 8 months since McGregor won the title, so his record in keeping the belt active is already worse than Aldo's.

It was one year and 2 months between Aldo defending against Mendes and then Conor. And Aldo wasn't making the company millions in that time.

The only thing that is interesting to me is how many tickets are left. UFC can't seem to sell out this new arena with 200 or 202

Extended preview Youtube views and roughly how long they've been up there...

UFC 202: 1.4 million views (5 days)
UFC 201: 400,000 (2 weeks)
UFC 200: Can't find it
UFC 199: 400,000 (2 months)
UFC 198: 340,000 (3 months)
UFC 197: 410,000 (3 months)
UFC 196: 1.6 million (5 months)

Usually after the event at the post-fight press conference. how can you refer to embedded views when embedded hasn't even started yet and won't until the week of the fight?

There's another 2 weeks. The hype of the last one began 10 days out.

The extended preview so far has 1.4 million views after just 5 days. By comparison, the extended preview for 201 has 400,000 views after 2 weeks.

I'm from Ireland, the last fight had sound bites from press conferences going viral, the one liners, the memes, the back and forth. Everyone in the office talking about it....

The same people in my office who were excited about the last fight and engaging in 'water cooler' moments talking back and forth 'did you hear mcgregor say this or that' 'I think he KOs him' I think this or that....

There is NONE of that in the office now, the sane people didn't even know he was fighting or it had been booked! And if I remember correctly back to 2012 DW saying the Olympics has an effect on viewing figures for UFC.

If it does 2 buys or 2 million buys makes no difference to me - I just made an observation that the build up seems a bit flat and I don't believe the projection for biggest fight ever to be true ...

Massive fight - yeah for sure 1 million or thereabouts

Mega fight biggest of all time - 1.5 - 2 million absolutely no way

Conor McGregor, like most MMA fighters, is not even close to being mainstream. If you polled 100 random people maybe two would have ever heard of him.

-Forbes 30th highest paid athlete
-Movie offers coming left and right
-celebrities hanging off his nuts
-Mayweather wanting to fight him and putting the rumours out himself
-multiple major late night talk show appearances
- the single biggest viewed tweet or retweet by an athlete in history
-mobbed when walking anywhere in Dublin or America (check the embedded vids)
-a tmz favourite
-record holder for UFC live gate, PPV gross, fight pass, Fox Sports, weigh in atrendance, fastest KO in title fight

But nobodies heard of him? He's as mainstream an athlete as they come on a multinational level more so than your basketball Or NFL players who are just famous in America

202 media call has 180,000 views after just 12 hours, should overtake ufc 200 today some time.

Extended preview Youtube views and roughly how long they've been up there...

UFC 202: 1.4 million views (5 days)
UFC 201: 400,000 (2 weeks)
UFC 200: Can't find it
UFC 199: 400,000 (2 months)
UFC 198: 340,000 (3 months)
UFC 197: 410,000 (3 months)
UFC 196: 1.6 million (5 months)
/thread

-Forbes 30th highest paid athlete
-Movie offers coming left and right
-celebrities hanging off his nuts
-Mayweather wanting to fight him and putting the rumours out himself
-multiple major late night talk show appearances
- the single biggest viewed tweet or retweet by an athlete in history
-mobbed when walking anywhere in Dublin or America (check the embedded vids)
-a tmz favourite
-record holder for UFC live gate, PPV gross, fight pass, Fox Sports, weigh in atrendance, fastest KO in title fight

But nobodies heard of him? He's as mainstream an athlete as they come on a multinational level more so than your basketball Or NFL players who are just famous in America

NBA basketball players only famous in America? You just outed yourself as a fucking ignorant moron. In China alone, many top BBall players reduce fans to tears on sight. You don't know shit.

NBA basketball players only famous in America? You just outed yourself as a fucking ignorant moron. In China alone, many top BBall players reduce fans to tears on sight. You don't know shit.

Mainstream Mainstream Mainstream - the other dudes argument was ask 100 people and 2 would have heard of McGregor. He is global and famous across the world as fighting transcends all cultures and is global. NBA however is not and these American based leagues are only (and I will put in caps for you so you dont miss it) MAINSTREAM within in America and outside of this have small pockets of hardcore fans.

Im not saying there arnt NBA or NFL fans in the UK and Ireland but it be fair to say the only mainstream basketball player in the UK and Ireland is Lebron James or Shaq and Jordan (yes Shaq is still a famous name over here, he became mainstream as did Jordan - Lebrons mainstream popularity would be behind both of these guys)

Nate-Diaz-Chokes-Out-Conor-McGregor-At-UFC-196-4-1167x461.png

I wonder why? lmao
Fuckin A. I bought the first fight, but I'll just stream this one since we already know where they stack up...

Historically rematches don't usually do any better than the original fights and often do quite a bit worse. Its just because a big part of buying a fight is the intrigue of not knowing whats coming. This fight will do just fine, though. Real bummer that they moved the Condit fight from it though.

Lesnar vs Mir 2 is the biggest UFC PPV ever.
Liddell vs Ortiz 2
Weidman vs Silva 2
Silva vs Sonnen 2
St Pierre vs Penn 2

All in the top 15.

It was one year and 2 months between Aldo defending against Mendes and then Conor. And Aldo wasn't making the company millions in that time.

So? My point is still correct. The Conor fight took long because the UFC wanted to do a world tour and had to accommodate Conor's schedule. IIRC he was ready to go in February 2015.

Conor can't really talk much this time around and that's what got him paid in the past but this PPV is be a record breaker, just watch

You obviously didn't get the just of my other post you moron.
No bitch, in my area FS2 is only shown in standard definition and it looks like shit on my 65 inch HD 4K tv.

Someone seems to have insecurity issues. Maybe spend less time on sherdog, get a second job and you could afford better TV service. There's no satellites circling the ghetto?

Conor doesn't seem to be doing his usual media gimmick for this one. The sheep need their media prince to tell them what to do.

Someone seems to have insecurity issues. Maybe spend less time on sherdog, get a second job and you could afford better TV service. There's no satellites circling the ghetto?
Insecurity issues? lol, sure man. I'm just here to talk all things MMA.
I'm in college, and I don't live in the ghetto lol. Just because your bum ass has to work 2 jobs doesn't mean that everybody else does, get an education dumbass.

Back