UFC 202 not trending well?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by paddy_da_pikey, Aug 5, 2016.

1. paddy_da_pikey

paddy_da_pikey Purple Belt

Just an opinion based of an observation but doesnt Dana White always refer to google searches and tweets and embedded views etc etc as indication of record breaking PPV buys...

Well if I remember there were threads of the 1st McGregor vs Diaz press conferences getting more live youtube views than Mighty Mouse PPV's - this last tele conference only had 18,000 views?

There definately isnt so much hype as the last one, Mcgregor taking a back seat in the promotion and maybe the 1st one was catching lightning in a bottle - the last minute surprise of it all peaked interest, McGregor was at his peak coming off a KO win over one of the GOATS that broke him throught the stratosphere of mainstream... now the build up to these conferences seems a bit... meh...

No contrived animosity which sold the first so well and no McGregor - who thinks this one does less than 1 million buys or in and around 1 million but less that 200 and 196?

Egnuldt and Melas Chasma like this.
  2. Haj01

Haj01 Silver Belt

If Conor said this will be the biggest eva, It will be the biggest eva! "Have I bin wrong yet"

3. McgreGOATsLeft

McgreGOATsLeft alone

It's doing just fine, shut your damn mouth yeh

4. J. Bernie Cunningham

J. Bernie Cunningham Banned Banned

It won't do the same numbers.

People knew he was new and on a tear. Then they tuned in to watch that impressive tear end. The same public interest isn't gonna be there knowing this amounts to one man's quest at erasing what they saw.

Which Doctor, JonesBones, lob and 7 others like this.
  5. MCMXCIX

MCMXCIX Purple Belt

[​IMG]

I wonder why? lmao

6. AndrewGolota48

AndrewGolota48 Silver Belt

Conor has been super boring lately, I enjoyed him most around the RDA period because he was borderline insane, overflowing with mania.

7. Coconut Joe

Coconut Joe Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

More folks should listen too J.Bernie. Except when he's wrong. Which is rare.

Which Doctor and HI SCOTT NEWMAN like this.
  8. NoneChuck

NoneChuck Amsterdamned

Its because Nate derailed the hype train

[​IMG]

9. BOGS DIAM0ND

BOGS DIAM0ND Banned Double Yellow Card

It's a meaningless fight that has no business happening in the first place and that's gonna show when Nate beats his ass again. By the time Conor actually defends the title it will have been well over a year since he won it.

The UFC is turning into exactly what it preached against for so long, which is a freak show contest. A spectacle and not a legit sport.

10. ALAN PARTRIDGE

ALAN PARTRIDGE NO LONGER REGISTERED

Oh ok Expert

11. DaveHilly

DaveHilly Black Belt

Historically rematches don't usually do any better than the original fights and often do quite a bit worse. Its just because a big part of buying a fight is the intrigue of not knowing whats coming. This fight will do just fine, though. Real bummer that they moved the Condit fight from it though.

fortheo, Egnuldt and paddy_da_pikey like this.
  12. Pliny Pete

Pliny Pete Puts Butts In Seats

No theres actual real animosity this time

Egnuldt likes this.
  13. MCMXCIX

MCMXCIX Purple Belt

You nailed it on the head. There's no reason for the fight to happen again. The UFC is going to lose it's biggest cash cow when Conor gets beat again. And they're tying up a real title for real fighters. Conor is the WWE of UFC now lol.

14. Coconut Joe

Coconut Joe Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I'm a fan of MMA. I subscribe to fight pass and buy most PPV's the UFC puts on. I follow and watch a lot of MMA. Including Bellator,One Championship. Personally I don't give a fuck how many buys 202 gets. I'm buying it.

15. ARONAbeetFEDOR

ARONAbeetFEDOR Blackest Belt

Whittaker Adesanya Zabit O'Malley Cruz Prime Cain
    It will get over 1 mil buys for sure.

Jermei likes this.
  16. 12ga.

12ga. Silver Belt

We should all boycott it. It's a bullshit meaningless fight with forgone conclusion. I know I am.

an4rew likes this.
  17. FootstompShonie

FootstompShonie Silver Belt

Conor has been making no headlines lately, that's part of it. His rabid fan base has died down so much too especially on here.

Seriously before if we were this close to a Conor fight 80% of the front page threads would be people talking about him and constant "Conor Bless" shit even in unrelated threads.

Now I can't remember the last time I've seen someone say "Conor Bless" for months now. Diaz has been getting more hype than him with all the appearances and interviews while Conor seems to have gone out of the limelight for the most part.

18. Tankeray

Tankeray Salvation Denied.

Should have made it happen at 200, now it doesn't have close to the momentum it once had

paddy_da_pikey likes this.
  19. paddy_da_pikey

paddy_da_pikey Purple Belt

You post 1500 times a month you sad fuck - thats 50 a day you, get a job son!

As for how its doing, iv no doubt this will do well thats not up for debate, the debate is whether or not this is going to be the astronomical 2 million PPV record breaker, breaking all records it has touted to be when in reality I dont think it beats 196 if anything I think it does less and I have used a common UFC metric of fan engagement in the build up to justify this.

Am i watching this? of course I watch them all, they are free over here - im definately excited by it when a countryman fights. I just think it requires those extra casuals to get the 1 million plus buy rates and not sure this does that maybe 1.1 - 1.3 but not 1.5 - 2 million

20. Jin Akutsu

Jin Akutsu Gengar Belt Platinum Member

Still will do 1 mil+ PPV buys

MiroHa and Egnuldt like this.