UFC 202 Embedded Episode 2

Glover is such a funny and humble guy. I cant get over how everyone else is training in these huge gyms and he's out there doing sprints with highschool kids and gardening lmao. Dont know who to root for in that fight i really like both guys

One of the more notable lines on this release was BJJ star Dillon Danis having extremely high praise for McGregor's ground game.

"I feel like if the fight goes to the ground, he'll dominate on the ground too," Danis said.

Lol. If Conor takes it to the ground, he will get submitted again.

Lol, Conor has a photo of him landing a punch, in a fight he freakin lost.

How does he not look at that and remember, "Oh wait, I lost that one!" ?

Found Diaz' training partners 'logic' odd/funny.

"He's only a new guy. He still has those shiny tattoos" Alrighty.

Conor at times refers to Nate Diaz as the "kid" he's done towards other fighters too. not sure if it's just his style of speaking but the fact is that Nate is older and the more experienced fighter, where Conor likes to portray himself like he's been in the game for years & years . I think the trainer was just trying to bring up the fact the Conor is the new guy driven by hype and not the depths of his fights, at least that's how I interpreted his piece?

glover looked cool on that one

hahaha, these photo on the wall of the fight that he lost badly, trying to pretend it was a great night for him, ha. pathetic

once again, can't thank @Weidman enough with the dotvpn extension, works wonders. it works like I'm just another user, bypassing the block easily, I can read comments and even comment on it. perfect

Conor at times refers to Nate Diaz as the "kid" he's done towards other fighters too. not sure if it's just his style of speaking but the fact is that Nate is older and the more experienced fighter, where Conor likes to portray himself like he's been in the game for years & years . I think the trainer was just trying to bring up the fact the Conor is the new guy driven by hype and not the depths of his fights, at least that's how I interpreted his piece?

Yeah, he's called him 'the boy' In Dublin parlance which could be perceived as a put down. And yeah, Diaz has being in the UFC longer and had tougher fights - which Conor has acknowledged. But what does that mean? I watched that Bad Blood programme and the snippets of Diaz talking about 'I've being saying what this guy has being saying for years' and the 'You've taken everything I ever worked for' line.

At first I thought it was Diaz just trying to get the fight, put his name in the hat - even though his name was in the hat for 189. But I actually think he's serious on some level. As Diaz alluded to in the media call he was bitching about his contract and for the last 3 years he seemed semi retired. And then on the programme he talks about how he was plotting to get a big money fight, but used Conor as a short cut. I don't understand the first part of that - who was he setting up to go and get a big money fight against? I think he wants to portray himself as not becoming more successful for being the first fighter in the UFC to beat Conor.

It's the same as sr with GSP - he knew that fight would make him money and everyone was interested in watching it. As far as them complaining - and other fighters - about not getting a push, you can maybe in theory let them headline a PPV, but if it does poorly, they're not going to use you again. Diaz has headlined a couple of FOX cards in the past, and being on PPVs, but he needs someone, just like Aldo did to make that fight.

Well, in terms of fighting in the UFC, it's plain and simple that Diaz has more experience. Just because you haven't fought in the UFC doesn't mean you haven't being involved in the game. Conor has been fighting for a little over 10 years or so. Again, like GSP, he had the massive advantage of having a big fan base when he came on the scene - something which the American fighters can't do. The top PPV American headliner is a pro Wrestler who probably brought over WWE fans.

In terms of 'hype' he flattened out Aldo in 13 seconds. Before that, it was Holloway was 21, Conor couldn't even finish him. Despite the fact Holloway had 3 fights in the UFC before that. The other fighters were cans. Poirier's head was messed up so he couldn't fight properly/weight cut was an issue for him. Mendes gassed too quick - despite it being well known Conor's knee was buggered during his training camp. After the Aldo fight, the new angle was dos Anjos will destroy him, he dresses like a metrosexual, he cuts 50lbs to get down to FW, etc, anything to deflect away from the Aldo win.

Yeah he came in and talked a big game. Being Irish probably had its benefits for him both here and in the States, but at the end of it all, it's the results that matter. Diaz seems a little bitter over that. What does sitting around mopping about it going to do for him? He's fought the majority of his fights at LW which is hardest division, imo, but he couldn't string a decent run of wins, wasn't active and his coach talked about how he was injured for a lot of fights that he lost. What fighters aren't banged up?

Yeah, he's called him 'the boy' In Dublin parlance which could be perceived as a put down. And yeah, Diaz has being in the UFC longer and had tougher fights - which Conor has acknowledged. But what does that mean? I watched that Bad Blood programme and the snippets of Diaz talking about 'I've being saying what this guy has being saying for years' and the 'You've taken everything I ever worked for' line.

At first I thought it was Diaz just trying to get the fight, put his name in the hat - even though his name was in the hat for 189. But I actually think he's serious on some level. As Diaz alluded to in the media call he was bitching about his contract and for the last 3 years he seemed semi retired. And then on the programme he talks about how he was plotting to get a big money fight, but used Conor as a short cut. I don't understand the first part of that - who was he setting up to go and get a big money fight against? I think he wants to portray himself as not becoming more successful for being the first fighter in the UFC to beat Conor.

It's the same as sr with GSP - he knew that fight would make him money and everyone was interested in watching it. As far as them complaining - and other fighters - about not getting a push, you can maybe in theory let them headline a PPV, but if it does poorly, they're not going to use you again. Diaz has headlined a couple of FOX cards in the past, and being on PPVs, but he needs someone, just like Aldo did to make that fight.

Well, in terms of fighting in the UFC, it's plain and simple that Diaz has more experience. Just because you haven't fought in the UFC doesn't mean you haven't being involved in the game. Conor has been fighting for a little over 10 years or so. Again, like GSP, he had the massive advantage of having a big fan base when he came on the scene - something which the American fighters can't do. The top PPV American headliner is a pro Wrestler who probably brought over WWE fans.

In terms of 'hype' he flattened out Aldo in 13 seconds. Before that, it was Holloway was 21, Conor couldn't even finish him. Despite the fact Holloway had 3 fights in the UFC before that. The other fighters were cans. Poirier's head was messed up so he couldn't fight properly/weight cut was an issue for him. Mendes gassed too quick - despite it being well known Conor's knee was buggered during his training camp. After the Aldo fight, the new angle was dos Anjos will destroy him, he dresses like a metrosexual, he cuts 50lbs to get down to FW, etc, anything to deflect away from the Aldo win.

Yeah he came in and talked a big game. Being Irish probably had its benefits for him both here and in the States, but at the end of it all, it's the results that matter. Diaz seems a little bitter over that. What does sitting around mopping about it going to do for him? He's fought the majority of his fights at LW which is hardest division, imo, but he couldn't string a decent run of wins, wasn't active and his coach talked about how he was injured for a lot of fights that he lost. What fighters aren't banged up?
5S4RfCR.png

Cmon Nate... i got you.. i even bet on you... but those curls man.. I just cant not comment on those o_O Elbows up and all :S

You know you read every word of that post. :cool:
actually I was trying to find a pic of connie's photos on the wall on his gym, but I guess they never existed, so I just printed it

but I'm going to read it now

actually I was trying to find a pic of connie's photos on the wall on his gym, but I guess they never existed, so I just printed it

but I'm going to read it now

Awh, a little nickname for Conor. So sweet.

You were trying to find a pic of the photos on his wall - because.......

If Conor takes it to the ground, he will get submitted again.

Did you miss the first round or something? Conor did well on the ground there. He even swept Nate.

I'm not saying Conor should go to the ground or anything, but he did fine there in round 1. He only looked bad on the ground in round two when he was already hurt and tired.

Awh, a little nickname for Conor. So sweet.

You were trying to find a pic of the photos on his wall - because.......
because I found it really lame that he had 2 pics of him hitting nate in the wall in a fight that he lost and he lost badly

because I found it really lame that he had 2 pics of him hitting nate in the wall in a fight that he lost and he lost badly

Ok. I find that a bit of weird thing to find lame. Each to their own, though.

Maybe it's some form of visualising or motivation. Nah, getting hammered in 13 seconds or crying after a fight like Gustafsson, the woman beater, is losing badly. ;)

Ok. I find that a bit of weird thing to find lame. Each to their own, though.

Maybe it's some form of visualising or motivation. Nah, getting hammered in 13 seconds or crying after a fight like Gustafsson, the woman beater, is losing badly. ;)
I see, desperation is setting in

another one on suicide watch

I see, desperation is setting in

another one on suicide watch

You what?

Nah, you've just proven you can dish it out and can't take it back. As for being on suicide watch, you'd want to read over some of your own posts - talk about depressing. I sincerely hope English is not your first language and hence the 14 year old level grasp of English you seem to have.

That must show the mind-set you have when Gus got beaten and got emotional. I've nothing but respect for the fighters, while you seem to bash them with the rest of the plebs on here.

You what?

Nah, you've just proven you can dish it out and can't take it back. As for being on suicide watch, you'd want to read over some of your own posts - talk about depressing. I sincerely hope English is not your first language and hence the 14 year old level grasp of English you seem to have.

That must show the mind-set you have when Gus got beaten and got emotional. I've nothing but respect for the fighters, while you seem to bash them with the rest of the plebs on here.
yes, I dished. I talked only facts, he lost a fight badly. he was winning the first round, but at the end of the day he got tagged by a 1-2 and went to fucking panic wrestle (something that he was ridiculing just a few days before the fight), went to his back, gave his nack and tapped twice). if this is not losing badly, I don't know what this is. he was embarassed. and this was clear by his demeanor in the post fight press conference

ult-bx.gif

you even talked about woman beating, something that happend more than 10 years ago. you lost your focus and is resoting to weak bashing tactics

yes, I dished. I talked only facts, he lost a fight badly. he was winning the first round, but at the end of the day he got tagged by a 1-2 and went to fucking panic wrestle (something that he was ridiculing just a few days before the fight), went to his back, gave his nack and tapped twice). if this is not losing badly, I don't know what this is. he was embarassed. and this was clear by his demeanor in the post fight press conference

ult-bx.gif

you even talked about woman beating, something that happend more than 10 years ago. you lost your focus and is resoting to weak bashing tactics

What are you on about? You were talking about pictures on the wall and said he lost badly. I never addressed the fight once.

Like I said, you can dish it out, but you can't take it. I lost my focus - do you think we're having an argument through two fighters or something? I think you need to put yourself on a 'I need to not spend so much time on Sherdog watch' ;)

Back