UFC 2012 statistics-AKA most wins, GJ most decisions, Alpha Male most finishes

Looking at the graphs, I'm a bit confused by what each means.

For example, Blackzillians have 55% finishes per team, while only 45% wins per team. So does "Finishes" mean "finishes that led to a win for a fighter in that camp", or does it mean "finishes that lead to either a win or a loss"?

Intrigued, I had a quick look using Fight Finder so what these figures meant. I looked at Team Alpha Male. Between Urijah Faber, Bryan Caraway, Joseph Benavidez, Danny Castillo, Chad Mendes and TJ Dillashaw, in 2012 Team Alpha Male had the following:

• 5 wins by stoppage
  • 2 losses by stoppage
  • 2 wins by decision
  • 2 losses by decision
That seems to suggest that their figures are 64% for "finishes" (incl. 45% for winning finishes) and 36% for decisions (18% winning decisions), for a total winning pecentage of 64%.

Those first two figures are pretty close to those in the graphic (just one finish off) and may be because I missed a guy, a different camp list was used than fight finder, or a fighter changed camp. It seems to mean that "finishes" in the top graph means "fights that were finished for a win or loss".

The 64% total wins though is much higher than the stated 50% and makes me a little curious.

Don't over analyze Team Alpha Males finishing stats...
Chad Mendes' last two fights were mismatches where he was over -1000 favorite...... He finished both.

AKA won the greatest percentage of fights or did they also win the most fights?

Who lost the most?

Nice post.

Dana probably paid somebody to prove that Jackson is boring lol

Don't over analyze Team Alpha Males finishing stats...
Chad Mendes' last two fights were mismatches where he was over -1000 favorite...... He finished both.

Even without those two fights, they'd probably still be high. Mendes, Faber and Benavidez aren't the only ones at Alpha Male, you know.

Looking at the graphs, I'm a bit confused by what each means.

For example, Blackzillians have 55% finishes per team, while only 45% wins per team. So does "Finishes" mean "finishes that led to a win for a fighter in that camp", or does it mean "finishes that lead to either a win or a loss"?

Intrigued, I had a quick look using Fight Finder so what these figures meant. I looked at Team Alpha Male. Between Urijah Faber, Bryan Caraway, Joseph Benavidez, Danny Castillo, Chad Mendes and TJ Dillashaw, in 2012 Team Alpha Male had the following:

• 5 wins by stoppage
  • 2 losses by stoppage
  • 2 wins by decision
  • 2 losses by decision
That seems to suggest that their figures are 64% for "finishes" (incl. 45% for winning finishes) and 36% for decisions (18% winning decisions), for a total winning pecentage of 64%.

Those first two figures are pretty close to those in the graphic (just one finish off) and may be because I missed a guy, a different camp list was used than fight finder, or a fighter changed camp. It seems to mean that "finishes" in the top graph means "fights that were finished for a win or loss".

The 64% total wins though is much higher than the stated 50% and makes me a little curious.

A lost can't be in the finished stats...

This, percentage doesn't mean shit if we don't have the numbers. Any 3rd grader knows that.

How exactly do percentages not mean shit? Yeah, the data on that is incomplete, but 70% of ten is the same as 70% of 50. I mean, sure, the sample sizes would be nice, but they aren't really necessary to draw some conclusions.

If we know that Jacksons MMA fighters win 52% of their fights, and 70% of their wins are by decision, having the actual number of fights seems kinda silly.

We could get more info with totals. But we don't get zero info without them.

dios mios! I respect the jackson camp for what they do with cardio... but I didn't realize just how much it was based on avoiding the actual fight until I saw that stat.

Lol Clay Guida Is the only Jackson fighter to ever avoid a fight. Condit and Brunson didnt avoid shit

Tristar was 2nd in wins to AKA. Wins are the main stat.

thats pretty good stuff - i like how more facts and data are being incorporated - maybe more intelligent people are being drawn to the sport, or maybe theres just more info to track

It has been posted and the stats are inaccurate.

Tristar was 2nd in wins to AKA. Wins are the main stat.

i disagree. it depends on the size of the gym/how many fighters they have.

if a gym with 10 guys each fought and won 2 fights in a given year, that gym would have 20 wins.

yet another gym with 40 guys that went 1-1 in their fights would have 40 wins.

more wins doesnt always mean what one thinks.

Back