UFC 201: Rose Namajunas vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz PBP (Discussion)

Claudia bully all this girls easy and I really hope KK gets the TS, it's a easy fight to sell and hype, I also hope Claudia can be become more active

I'd pick kk over claudia via great TDD, a little better striking, and a cardio edge.

As a huge kk fan, I'd have no problem seeing her taking another fight before the title shot-- she still has things she can work on. I've also always wanted to see Jo Jo vs. Jo Jed, and now that jo jo seems to have found her self again it is very possible that we might see it.

I'm with ya. I'd love to see JoJo beat up the little brute that is Andrade and then face JJ. However, I'd actually prefer it to take place at 125. JJ said she likes that weight, and it's a much better fit for Calderwood. Maybe the inevitable WFLW division will be announced in the next few months, and JoJo and JJ will kick it off right. KK vs Waterson for the vacant SW title. Or maybe Grasso will be in the UFC by then. Marketing gold across the board right there.

I hope Whoodley KOs Robbie now just to pass you all off.

Picked KK by decision. And Woodley by 2nd Rd KO. ...

I'm not passed off at all.

b6yb.gif

Rose will win that belt within the next 3 years I believe. She has so many skills, she just needs to polish up some of her minor weaknesses. And work on that fight IQ.

She initiated the clinch in the 2nd round trying to go for a TD and got her body ripped by KK and that was the beginning of the end.
without a 2nd thought,i'd bet my house she won't win the belt by 2020,even if they make a 125lbs division in the near future,younger and better fighters than Rose are currently waiting for their chance to fight in the UFC,Grasso being the best of them,she'd beat Rose right now.

Last edited:
I had KK and Tyron, I was so close to putting some money down too... Oh well

The Beown/Elenburger fight was just weird, both looked very hesitant, gassed instantly, looked kind of amateur.

Rose will probably face a couple of top 15-20 fighters, and somehow keep her ranking.same as after Esparza.

Rose only looks impressive against lower level competition like Angela Hill and Paige Vanzant. When she faces anyone with a well established game she is not impressive at all. I still think Rose is very talented, but she also has a lot more developing to do.

I thought Rose looked quite impressive in the first round and into the 2nd round until she ate one too many knees.

She's very quick and light on her feet and landed unanswered punches all through the first round.

It's a pity she didn't throw more kicks like she normally does and try to avoid that clinch.

She's still a definite top 5 fighter in the division. Remember she beat Jo Jo Calderwood before.

I thought Rose looked quite impressive in the first round and into the 2nd round until she ate one too many knees.

She's very quick and light on her feet and landed unanswered punches all through the first round.

It's a pity she didn't throw more kicks like she normally does and try to avoid that clinch.

She's still a definite top 5 fighter in the division. Remember she beat Jo Jo Calderwood before.

I actually have to agree with you about Rose's early performance .. I've rewatched the fight and Rose was definitely improved in her striking, and was very effective working from the outside where she completely shut KK down ... until the knee's in the clinch, which really turned the tide of the fight.

So I wasn't giving Rose the credit that she deserved while watching live. I would like to see Rose rematch Carla Esparza at some point too ...

Thank you. I was thinking this earlier. Rose is the definition of front runner. She got lucky in TUF, where the situation favors some fighters over others. Since then, she did good against Hill and PVZ, barely scraped by Torres (I think those two will always go 50/50 against each other, just based on the style clash).

Rose is just ranked too damn high for who she has beaten.

I always thought this. Never understood her ranking with only five victories. And none against top-five level comp.

I always thought this. Never understood her ranking with only five victories. And none against top-five level comp.
The rankings really need to get sorted out in this division.

What-GIF.gif

Maybe you should arrange to get your vision checked soon. I hope you don't drive.
nah bro...u prob dont train..therefore dont know shit..its ok...keep flipping thru ur karate magazine...and rocking that tapout shirt...

No likes from Wad

Is he alive

Back