UFC 201: Lawler vs Woodley Post-Fight Press Conference (Video)

Wonderboy is a bigger draw. Give Wonderboy his title now.

Okay, so I"m just putting the puzzle together... but Woodley comez out of no-where & callz out Nick Diaz.

At the end of the presser they started showing Nate's biggest win ever. Seemz to me the UFC iz behind this Nick Diaz Woodley fight by showing his brother'z big win after the presser. It waz very out of place & they stopped the playback just before the fight started. strange.

They're picking up on the Diaz hype that Nate got going & trying to justify Nick getting a title shot.
The part woodley is missing is that hes not a draw. Hes not going to hold the belt either. They will feed him to the wolves imo. Wonderboy is a better fighter and more marketable

You would think Tyron vs Wonderboy would still be a big fight, but I suppose the lack of shit talking would be a downside to building hype. Good fight for the fans, bad fight in terms of numbers I suppose.

I just don't think enough people care about Woodly for him to be part of some 'super' fight. If it was Robbie calling out Nick or GSP people would get excited for that and it's a big money fight, but Woodly doing it is kind of a 'GSP vs who?' type fight. Woodly's skills are too questionable, beat Wonderboy and then beat the winner of Condit/Maia and then start looking for some big money fights.

I agree, he has some losses in the UFC that need clearing up before he starts choosing who he fights next. However the champ has to fight Thompson he is next in line, that would be a great start.

The so called journalist that said Lawler should avoided Woodley's punch should be banned from speaking to any fight for 2 years (it works for USADA)

One of the cringe moments of 2016.

I'm so sick of these new champs looking for "money fights" instead of fighting the #1 contender. Dana needs to put his foot down.
The thing is if it's a money fight for the fighter then it's a bigger money fight for the UFC.

honestly i think woodley's style isn't as good as wonderboy, wonderboy deserves a title shot. if he doesn't get a title shot then they are probably going to put him up against condit or someone like that.

Fuckin loved Woodley's response to fighting Wonderboy.

"He wanted to fight Robbie and said that's the fight the fans want and now he gets his chance"

Woodley is good on the mic. The way Rory handled him made me think Eobbie would take this fight but that Condit fight gave me some pause.

Hate to see Robbie's reign end, but am interested to see how Woodley stears his time as champion.

He is on top of his message and PR game; he and his team have put real time into this already. This could be a lot of fun.

Did you watch the fight? Perfect shot on the button as he was stepping back. The fight was done. The follow up shots were life changing. I doubt he ever takes a shot like this again. Once chin is toast find a new career.
He didn't even hit his chin lol he hit him below the eye and still dropped him.

He didn't even hit his chin lol he hit him below the eye and still dropped him.

Robbie has been in wars. Something you know if you watched the sport not yesterday. TW hits hard. Chin, temple, behind the ear or jaw all are bad laces to get hit.

Back