UFC 201: Lawler vs Woodley Post-Fight Press Conference (Video)

Oh sh*t... what a rip... they started playing mac/diaz 1 & then they stopped it just before they fought.

KK: "I don't know why [JJ says I'm not on her level]. I think she scared. Just like that. Yeah."

How the hell does Krylov not get a bonus for that fantastic game plan and fight ending kick? Also, I didnt think Kowalekcmfd/Namajunas was enough to garner FoN. Should have awarded 4 PoN bonuses instead with Krylov and Kowalekmwdlks getting one each.

Okay, so I"m just putting the puzzle together... but Woodley comez out of no-where & callz out Nick Diaz.

At the end of the presser they started showing Nate's biggest win ever. Seemz to me the UFC iz behind this Nick Diaz Woodley fight by showing his brother'z big win after the presser. It waz very out of place & they stopped the playback just before the fight started. strange.

They're picking up on the Diaz hype that Nate got going & trying to justify Nick getting a title shot.

Last edited:
How the hell does Krylov not get a bonus for that fantastic game plan and fight ending kick? Also, I didnt think Kowalekcmfd/Namajunas was enough to garner FoN. Should have awarded 4 PoN bonuses instead with Krylov and Kowalekmwdlks getting one each.
I aqree Krylov deserved a POTN

For those wondering:

POTN: Ellenberger and Woodley
FOTN: Karolina and Rose

Dana asked about what's comming

"We got 202 & we got 205"

Hmmmm... what about 203 & 204?

Lawler doesn't even give a fuck lol.

He doesn't give a fuck. He is so ready to fight Woodley again. He is pissed that he reached for that feint and ate a bomb. I can see it all over his face. I have nothing but respect for Lawler he is a savage and he will be back. He is ready to compete in the parking lot and I really respect that. He is the definition of a fighter. He's not making a single excuse & he knew what he did wrong immediately after Woodley finished him. Which shows me he was mentally aware of what happened but he had no control of his movement. Woodley did exactly what he needed to do to get the title. Finish and finish early. Thompson should be next for Woodley & Nate for Lawler.

Wow, you want Nate to fight Lawler? Wtf. Nate is still a 155 fighter. How crazy would that be if Lawler fought both the Diaz bros?

It's refreshing to see a champ just accept his loss. RDA was the same. They saw the mistakes they made and will learn from them as they have in the past.

Wow, you want Nate to fight Lawler? Wtf. Nate is still a 155 fighter. How crazy would that be if Lawler fought both the Diaz bros?

It's refreshing to see a champ just accept his loss. RDA was the same. They saw the mistakes they made and will learn from them as they have in the past.

Nate just fought at 170lbs and I think it would be a great matchup. I am kind of disappointed in Woodley getting the title and immediately calling out a dude who hasn't fought in two years or GSP who hasn't fought in longer. He only wants money fights he says and doesn't care about rankings. That's a kind of lame statement for the fans expecting him to fight an active 170lbs fighter.

Could be a start of a decline here for Lawler, he's been hit hard in all of his recent fights, and wobbled often, but then maybe those same punches that wobbled him before will put him out.

He doesn't give a fuck. He is so ready to fight Woodley again. He is pissed that he reached for that feint and ate a bomb. I can see it all over his face. I have nothing but respect for Lawler he is a savage and he will be back. He is ready to compete in the parking lot and I really respect that. He is the definition of a fighter. He's not making a single excuse & he knew what he did wrong immediately after Woodley finished him. Which shows me he was mentally aware of what happened but he had no control of his movement. Woodley did exactly what he needed to do to get the title. Finish and finish early. Thompson should be next for Woodley & Nate for Lawler.
Perfectly stated.

Could be a start of a decline here for Lawler, he's been hit hard in all of his recent fights, and wobbled often, but then maybe those same punches that wobbled him before will put him out.

Did you watch the fight? Perfect shot on the button as he was stepping back. The fight was done. The follow up shots were life changing. I doubt he ever takes a shot like this again. Once chin is toast find a new career.

Nobody wants any part of wonder boy.

After seeing TWood get totally outclassed by Rory, it's no wonder that TWood doesn't want to fight Thompson. TWood would get exposed, much like he did against Rory. So yeah, I hope the UFC makes that fight. TWood isn't the draw that Conor is, so Woodley doesn't get to call his shots.

You have to admit this situation is different than Michael Bisping's; Dan Henderson is coming off a brutal KO of Hector Lombard.

Nick Diaz is coming off... well, his last fight was before his suspension - a relatively dull NC (loss) to Anderson Silva in a weird fight.

I'm for Bisping-Henderson 2; I'm against Woodley-Diaz.

I want Woodley-Thomspon God damn it! I'm drunk! And high! And I want it!

Of course you are. It makes zero sense and it's Henderson 4th gift title shot with a 9-8 ufc record on trt. If not for his fan base he be cut ages ago.

After seeing TWood get totally outclassed by Rory, it's no wonder that TWood doesn't want to fight Thompson. TWood would get exposed, much like he did against Rory. So yeah, I hope the UFC makes that fight. TWood isn't the draw that Conor is, so Woodley doesn't get to call his shots.

He can bang so I am sure he has a fan base. Curious about Wonder boy stopping him? I think he needs it or if he can move and counter

Wonderboy needs to start calling T-Wouldn't out on his bullshit.

You don't deserve "money" fights until you've defended your belt a few times.

Also, my 10 year old nephew who doesn't watch UFC knows of three MMA fighters: Conor McGregor, Ronda Rousey and Wonderboy. I thought that was odd.

You would think Tyron vs Wonderboy would still be a big fight, but I suppose the lack of shit talking would be a downside to building hype. Good fight for the fans, bad fight in terms of numbers I suppose.

I just don't think enough people care about Woodly for him to be part of some 'super' fight. If it was Robbie calling out Nick or GSP people would get excited for that and it's a big money fight, but Woodly doing it is kind of a 'GSP vs who?' type fight. Woodly's skills are too questionable, beat Wonderboy and then beat the winner of Condit/Maia and then start looking for some big money fights.

Wonderboy needs to start calling T-Wouldn't out on his bullshit.

You don't deserve "money" fights until you've defended your belt a few times.

Also, my 10 year old nephew who doesn't watch UFC knows of three MMA fighters: Conor McGregor, Ronda Rousey and Wonderboy. I thought that was odd.
Bahahaha!

He can bang so I am sure he has a fan base. Curious about Wonder boy stopping him? I think he needs it or if he can move and counter

How much of a PPV draw is he? My point is, I don't like Conor, but he pulls numbers - so when he demands a fight against Nate or whomever, I get it. TWood? Maybe when he's headlining a PPV that is a top five live gate draw and PPV draw, he can start demanding things. But now? Well, if Lawler had pulled the same crap, Woodley would never have gotten a title fight. My feeling is, Woodley knows his reign will be short, so he wants a huge payday. I get that, but he's in no position at all to demand it. I'm not a fan of champions cherry picking opponents. I have always been a huge Dan Henderson fan, but the fact that he's getting a title shot now? Uttelry ridiculous.

Back