UFC 200 PPV buys?

I think you're confusing star power for hardcores with star power for casuals. Casuals buy ppv's, casuals make up 90% of the target audience. Putting GSP on the card with Conor changes nothing when he hasn't fought in over 2 years and the casuals don't know who he is.

Canadian athlete of the year 2 times in a row and no one knows who he is?? Do you actually think Under Armor would sponsor an unknown???

GSP pulled in a steady 700-800k buy rate, its not Conor or Ronda but he did better numbers the. Anderson Silva and Jon Jones.

Lets pretend GSP wasnt a big draw and co mained 100.

Let's pretend GSP didn't average 500k buys before UFC 100 while the UFC averaged 342k from UFC 33 to UFC 99, even with those super abysmal early cards with <100k buys littering the field for a while. But he was a huge draw, right?

Answer me this: If GSP was such a huge draw, and the determining factor in UFC 100's success, then why did UFC 87, which GSP co mained, and Lesnar main evented, do only 625k less than a year before UFC100?

Last edited:
Canadian athlete of the year 2 times in a row and no one knows who he is?? Do you actually think Under Armor would sponsor an unknown???

GSP pulled in a steady 700-800k buy rate, its not Conor or Ronda but he did better numbers the. Anderson Silva and Jon Jones.

Casual fans in the US likely don't. Or do you think Canada contributes the same numbers on ppv's that casual US fans do?

Casual fans in the US likely don't. Or do you think Canada contributes the same numbers on ppv's that casual US fans do?

Like i said hes always been one of there biggest stara and at times there biggest draw.

Theres like 2 people on the roster of 500+ fighter that pull more numbers than GSP

Like i said hes always been one of there biggest stara and at times there biggest draw.

Theres like 2 people on the roster of 500+ fighter that pull more numbers than GSP

What does that have to do with casual fans not knowing who he is? Since GSP last fought the welterweight title alone has changed hands 3 times in 5 title fights. You think the Casual fan remembers who GSP is? Brock Lesnar just came back from an extended absence, and UFC 200 has reportedly done quite a bit less than UFC 100 did, and Lesnar has a built in fanbase from another "sport".

What does that have to do with casual fans not knowing who he is? Since GSP last fought the welterweight title alone has changed hands 3 times in 5 title fights. You think the Casual fan remembers who GSP is? Brock Lesnar just came back from an extended absence, and UFC 200 has reportedly done quite a bit less than UFC 100 did, and Lesnar has a built in fanbase from another "sport".

Lol you do realize everybody is calling out GSP because hes a huge draw and they want that red panty night right???

Brock originally came from the WWE whose fan base been dying since the UFC emerged, so no he didnt grow a fan base since 100, his fan base decreases since UFC 100.

Lol you do realize everybody is calling out GSP because hes a huge draw and they want that red panty night right???

Brock originally came from the WWE whose fan base been dying since the UFC emerged, so no he didnt grow a fan base since 100, his fan base decreases since UFC 100.

Or because he's had 2+ years of inactivity, on top of his already declining performances against Condit and Hendricks, and if ever there was a time GSP could be beaten, it'd be now. They're looking for a legacy boost off GSP. It's the same as when everyone was calling out Wanderlei in the middleweight division right after he got knocked out by Rampage and Leben.

Or because he's had 2+ years of inactivity, on top of his already declining performances against Condit and Hendricks, and if ever there was a time GSP could be beaten, it'd be now. They're looking for a legacy boost off GSP. It's the same as when everyone was calling out Wanderlei in the middleweight division right after he got knocked out by Rampage and Leben.

His "Declining Performances" were his most memorably exciting fights of the tail end of his career... and I think his numbers would go up because of his recent absence. Oversaturation, long awaited return, etc.

Even after all the changes, 1.2m headlined by Tate and Nunes is a sweet number. I don't know what you clowns expected.

His "Declining Performances" were his most memorably exciting fights of the tail end of his career... and I think his numbers would go up because of his recent absence. Oversaturation, long awaited return, etc.

I disagree.

UFC 200 would likely have done much better had Jon Jones not been pulled last second, which created a mad scramble to figure out who was headlining.

Every one of Conor's ppv's have had a title fight as co main...
Except for the next one, so we'll see if it matters or not.

No, Brock did 500k against Overeem and his highest selling PPV without GSP & a milestone number was 1.1 million.

That card was also on a Friday night, and the night before new years.

That card was also on a Friday night, and the night before new years.
Well still, his best PPV sales without GSP are 1.1 million. McGregor did better than that in his last 2 PPVs and probably his next one.

Well still, his best PPV sales without GSP are 1.1 million. McGregor did better than that in his last 2 PPVs and probably his next one.

McGregor had a world tour of press conferences to hype those cards up.

No he didn't, he had 1 world tour and that PPV sold 850k. Do you watch MMA???

You don't remember the ridiculous press conferences with RDA leading up to UFC 196? They started doing them in like January. Do YOU even watch mma?

You don't remember the ridiculous press conferences with RDA leading up to UFC 196? They started doing them in like January. Do YOU even watch mma?
You mean the one press conference? A press conference isn't a world tour dumbass. What about 194? Where was that press tour or does the one they had 9 months prior count?

Back