UFC 200 June 2016 Card Discussion

It'll be roughly over a year and a half since he's fought when he steps in to fight Thomson, and even then, thats a big if.

The guy nearly pulled out of the Thomson fight a couple weeks ago and ended up in the hospital with a sling, unable to train. You can't make a title run if you don't fight.

I can see him fighting at least 2 more fights this year after Wonderboy. Possibly making him 5-0. And still give him 6 months til UFC 200. Anything's possible if Robbie's the champ in 2015.

I can see him fighting at least 2 more fights this year after Wonderboy. Possibly making him 5-0. And still give him 6 months til UFC 200. Anything's possible if Robbie's the champ in 2015.

Given how Thatch has been lately, its unlikely. But as you said, stranger things have happened.

He'd probably get someone like the winner of Maia/LaFlare if he wins (granted that they both come out relatively injury free.)

But WW is still relatively crowded near the top for the moment, Thatch probably won't jump the line. Lombard/Rory, Gastelum/Woodley, and Brown/Hendricks still need to fight it out, figure out the winners and losers from there, match them up, etc.

Main event

Cain vs Jones for the HW title.

Probably won't happen thought.

Given how Thatch has been lately, its unlikely. But as you said, stranger things have happened.

He'd probably get someone like the winner of Maia/LaFlare if he wins (granted that they both come out relatively injury free.)

But WW is still relatively crowded near the top for the moment, Thatch probably won't jump the line. Lombard/Rory, Gastelum/Woodley, and Brown/Hendricks still need to fight it out, figure out the winners and losers from there, match them up, etc.

I don't see Thatch and LaFlare fighting anytime soon. Two good possible contenders they can bring up in the next year or so. If LaFlare beats Maia, I could see him facing Mein, Brown or Woodley next. As for Thatch, I think Saffiedine would be nice after Wonderboy.

(MAIN CARD)

Jones vs Cain HW title
Gastelum vs Larkin WW title
Holm vs Cyborg WBW title
Matt Brown vs Hector Lombard
Gilbert Melendez vs Donald Cerrone

(Under Card)

Barao vs Bermudez FW bout
Cat Zingano vs Jessica Eye
Demian Maia vs Rousimar Palhares (the return)
Josh Burkman vs Mike Pierce
Ray Borg vs Ian McCall
Bobby Lashley vs Shawn Jordan
Yair Rodriguez vs Clay Collard

It's crazy out of all fighters your heart is content on having Darth Bader secure a spot on the card.

Brock v Fedor
Pettis v Conor
Rousey v Holm
Cormier v Jacare
Hendricks v Lombard

Back