UFC 200 idea.

Maxi157

White Belt
Reaction score
For UFC 200 could they sanction a one night 8 man tournament like the first UFC had. Have some reserves in the ready not sure what weight class to do cause I doubt you could do an open weight tournament but it'd be fun to see then have 3 title fights. Do round one of the tournament, title fight, round 2 of tourney, title fight then tourney championship then 3rd title fight. Not sure who should headline the card maybe Weidman if he survives Rockhold, let Joanna j be the first title fight and maybe Lawler vs Condit be the 2nd. Thoughts?

That is not a very good idea, not something that will add any extra buys to the PPV.

They should have Mur fighting Ubbereem and in the middle of the match Brock parachutes into the cage with a horse shoe and tries to shove it into someones ass.

They wont do it

I doubt theY will also, but it'd just be nice to see something different then the same cards. A tourney would be fun, or bring back some retired vets or a super fight GSP/Silva or Cormier/Werdum.. Something

A tourney could work, be something different if you throw in 3- good fights it'd increase buys

My idea To ufc:

Make only all championship weight class fights in one day in Cowboys stadium

More like
Aldo vs. McGregor 2
Rousey vs. Tate 3 or Cyborg
Silva vs. St-Pierre (highly unlikely)

They should do Conor VS Aldo and another big title fight like Jones VS DC or Gus if he is back by then.

Dana is historically anti-tournament. With him at the helm it'll never happen.

They should have Mur fighting Ubbereem and in the middle of the match Brock parachutes into the cage with a horse shoe and tries to shove it into someones ass.

This is more realistic scenario then TS presented.

My idea for UFC 200:

tumblr_lykjuwPOaN1qzx70zo1_500.jpg

For UFC 200 could they sanction a one night 8 man tournament like the first UFC had. Have some reserves in the ready not sure what weight class to do cause I doubt you could do an open weight tournament but it'd be fun to see then have 3 title fights. Do round one of the tournament, title fight, round 2 of tourney, title fight then tourney championship then 3rd title fight. Not sure who should headline the card maybe Weidman if he survives Rockhold, let Joanna j be the first title fight and maybe Lawler vs Condit be the 2nd. Thoughts?

I don't hate the idea, though I think it would be better to have two separate 4-man tournaments; one at one weight class and one at another. 155lbs and 185 are both pretty top-heavy and would probably work.

It's probably going to be Aldo x McGregor 2. Either that or Jones return

I don't hate the idea, though I think it would be better to have two separate 4-man tournaments; one at one weight class and one at another. 155lbs and 185 are both pretty top-heavy and would probably work.

Ya that'd be Better less fights for the guys to get to injured to make it to the finals.. I'm not sure if they can sanction it though with all the injury rules, but it would be different and fun to see fighters just fighting not much time to game plan just go out and fight your fight and see if you can beat anyone,
I doubt they'll put Mcgregor in 200 since he pulls so many buys on his own, a Werdum fight Lawler, Joanna all together would do well.

Back