UFC 196 retrospective: Did Conor actually panic wrestle, give Nate his neck and tap early?

Gassed, got clipped, shot in and got choked out by the better BJJ guy. What more is there to discuss lol
But did he shoot in out of desperation because he got rcoked was about to get knocked out?

Like, do you think he preferred getting subbed infront of the world as opposed to getting ktfo by Diaz?

I mean it was only the second round. Gassed?

Did he lose the fight at that specific point because Nate was better at BJJ or was it more him giving up and quitting?

Pussied out he did. Went out like true warrior Andy Wang.

0tbxlo3jxh801.gif

And here I thought he was arrogant and delusional.

But did he shoot in out of desperation because he got rcoked was about to knocked out?

Did he lose the fight at that specific point because Nate was better at BJJ or was it more him giving up and quitting?

Are you new to MMA? The man in your AV was rocked by Fujita and shot in to escape being on the feet. Thats what happens often in MMA fights, bro lol

If youre asking if I believe Conor allowed himself to be choked out...no, I do not believe that. Nate is levels above Conor in submission grappling. Mix that in with being tired and hurt and you have a submission. We have seen this scenario many times in MMA. Conor is just so polarizing that people are trying to dissect everything he does.

Yeah he panic. Thats not a bad thing i would have done same. Nick touched hin wit that jab super clean

He quit IMO, wich was a brilliant business decision.

If he stayed for the beating until the end, I doubt Eddie and Floyd would've happened.

I've heard the theory from a close friend while we were watching live on ppv that he possibly could have taken a dive and sold the choke for a dive. Not that its merited but my only question really is was he that rocked? I've leaned towards he was tired after beating on Nate in round 1 so when he got hit clean a few times there was 1 punch that dinged him and then he dove for the legs. Anyone think that happened?

Then again maybe lightning did strike? But either way they're 1-1. A 3rd fight needs to happen especially if Nate dusts Poirier

He panicked and quit essentially. He was caught in submissions early in his career, but nate was the first time he was really beat down and felt like he didn't have anything left.
He didn’t quit. He definitely was only trying to survive at that point though.

He was gassed and stunned and instinctively went to take Nate down in hope he'd have time to recover if it went to the ground, he was simply too fucked though and got rag dolled and choked out.

Yes, Nate rocked Conor a couple times. Conor looked gassed about 8 minutes in, went for a takedown that Nate easily reversed, gave up his back after a few punches and tapped quick.

You need to watch the fight, it's easy to find.
He tapped when the choke was locked. Wasn’t really quick given he was in a hopeless position.

But did he shoot in out of desperation because he got rcoked was about to get knocked out?

Like, do you think he preferred getting subbed infront of the world as opposed to getting ktfo by Diaz?

He was desperate, he didn't shoot to get subbed, he did so to try and survive. Problem is that Nate is great at taking advantage of desperate opponents.

Same reason why Guillard and Miller shot for a takedowns against Nate, they tried to survive and clear their head, but ended up getting choked instead.

Said himself that he pussied out
Crazy... some fighters just have an instinct to quit when they get hurt.

I think maybe that happened with Floyd as well because he just stopped throwing punches and that's when the ref jumps in.

I wonder if this will be a factor with Khabib.

he was exhausted, got stunned which made it worse, shot a takedown thinking he could recover/rest a bit, and got submitted by someone with really good BJJ.

doesn't mean he's a pussy, has a shit ground game or " quit ".

problem is that theres no grey area with conor, his haters will always think he's trash and shit on him no matter what he does because they're bitter and blinded by hate.
Conors exact words was he panicked and pussied out. Conors nut huggers are the only ones with an issue with this. Main thing is he came back from it. Fought the same guy at the same weight class made adjustments and squeaked out a decision.

I've heard mixed things on this one, some saying Conor pussied out and others saying he went out on his shield because he's a true warrior... what actually went down on that fateful night?
Who said “he went out on his shield because he's a true warrior.” ? And why do you associate with this kind of person?

Back