UFC 194: Aldo vs. McGregor By The Numbers: McGregor Huge Advantage On Paper

These numbers tell me that Conor is a volume puncher with porous defense, much as I expected. Abysmal transitions and little ground game. Have no idea how the bookies have Conor at -175. Unless Conor is able to stand and blast Aldo out of there in the first two rounds, he will lose, and badly. The vast majority of striking finishes happen in the first two rounds when a fighter's power is fresh. If this thing goes 4-5 rounds Conor has nearly 0 chance of winning. If Aldo closes the distance early and negates those distance power shots, he will walk to victory..

I hate people that look at stats for fights instead of performance... stats tell you nothing, fights do. Both have performed very well in all of there UFC fights so far. Aldo, has looked less devastating but is more cleaner and technical, Conor has looked like a devastating striker so far. Will be a good fight.

Stats tell us quite a bit about sports actually. Do you guys really think stats mean nothing?

Stats tell us quite a bit about sports actually. Do you guys really think stats mean nothing?

Stats are just performances monitored... if you want realistic first hand statistics you have to watch the performances.

Sometimes a guy that gets his ass kicked lands more shots than someone who is kicking his ass.

Performances are the most important as stats can be misinterpretated and not a true reflection of the fight.

These numbers tell me that Conor is a volume puncher with porous defense, much as I expected. Abysmal transitions and little ground game. Have no idea how the bookies have Conor at -175. Unless Conor is able to stand and blast Aldo out of there in the first two rounds, he will lose, and badly. The vast majority of striking finishes happen in the first two rounds when a fighter's power is fresh. If this thing goes 4-5 rounds Conor has nearly 0 chance of winning. If Aldo closes the distance early and negates those distance power shots, he will walk to victory..

Aldo will have to win early - first or second round. The longer it goes on the more it will favor Conor. Aldo's noggin and gut won't be able to handle McGregor's power/accuracy.

Aldo will have to win early - first or second round. The longer it goes on the more it will favor Conor. Aldo's noggin and gut won't be able to handle McGregor's power/accuracy.

Unlike Conor, Aldos defence doesn't consist of taking punches. If there's anyone who needs an early win, it's the guy who's cutting to much weight and keeps getting hit.

Aldo has more fights than Conor.
Every UFC fight Aldo has had was a title fight.
Every fighter Aldo has fought in the UFC has been top5/10

I'm sure Aldo's numbers would be significantly better if he was facing people like Marcus Brimage, Dennis Siver, Diego Brandao, etc

Unlike Conor, Aldos defence doesn't consist of taking punches. If there's anyone who needs an early win, it's the guy who's cutting to much weight and keeps getting hit.

Sounds like you're talking about Aldo and Conor both.

They both cut a ton of weight. They both get hit a lot. Have you even watched Aldo Mendes 2? Mendes hurt Aldo way worse than he hurt Conor.

I would like to see Aldo really commit to legs kicks in this fight.

Sounds like you're talking about Aldo and Conor both.

They both cut a ton of weight. They both get hit a lot. Have you even watched Aldo Mendes 2? Mendes hurt Aldo way worse than he hurt Conor.

Aldos significant strike defence is top 10 in the UFC, which is even more impressive when you take into account that all his UFC fights have been title defences.

Or maybe you've just seen his last fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back