UFC 194: Aldo vs. McGregor By The Numbers: McGregor Huge Advantage On Paper

Barao 27 yo, undefeated for 10 years.

TJ 28 yo, 9 fights.

Renan Barao 33 Fight Win Streak, 4 time champion. oh and also Aldo's training partner...

hqdefault.jpg

Those Nova Uniao Fighters are great...just one problem is that they never evolve and change with the times. They are very good at what they do but Predicable. A guy like Duane Ludwig can figure them out with the right game plan. Aldo will lose eventually and I think it will be in his next fight.

barao isnt aldo, and TJ is a significantly > skilled fighter than connor IMO

I don't think Aldo has the power to put him out. A knee or a kick could, but I think Conor has a underrated defense.

Conor used to fight smart and show excellent defense. Now his cuts have gotten worse and worse, possibly causing him to rush the finish and fight reckless.

Conor used to fight smart and show excellent defense. Now his cuts have gotten worse and worse, possibly causing him to rush the finish and fight reckless.

That big overhand he took from Mendes finished Lamas, Guida, Elkins and put Aldo on his ass. McGregor barely flinched at it, and he took it several times. I understand your viewpoint but there's no evidence that McGregor's weight cut has affected him in any way so far other than looking like shit at the weigh-ins.

Dude got a lot of pressure on him. Saying things like he will finish the fights in the first round and how confident he is, things like that is making him fight like that. That's why I think he will do better at LW.

I hate people that look at stats for fights instead of performance... stats tell you nothing, fights do. Both have performed very well in all of there UFC fights so far. Aldo, has looked less devastating but is more cleaner and technical, Conor has looked like a devastating striker so far. Will be a good fight.

That big overhand he took from Mendes finished Lamas, Guida, Elkins and put Aldo on his ass. McGregor barely flinched at it, and he took it several times. I understand your viewpoint but there's no evidence that McGregor's weight cut has affected him in any way so far other than looking like shit at the weigh-ins.

The closest he's gotten to being pushed was against Mendes and Holloway (another replacement), so a definitive answer is yet to come.

However, he was clearly slowing in the Mendes fight and I've even noticed him taking deep breaths in some of his one round fights. Also, the way he looks and sounds at the weigh-ins cannot be completely dismissed. I mean, I don't know how anyone sees that and is confident that Conor will be good to go in the championship rounds.

huge fail, TS.

your 'analysis' completely overlooks the quality of their competition.

What? How do we know he connected exactly the same as he did vs those guys? I swear Mcgregor fans graduated out of the University of Dumbfucks.

Yeah but you can twist stats any way you like.

Number of rounds where Aldo has been taken down, held down, and dominated by Chad Mendes: 0/6

Number of rounds where McGregor has been taken down, held down, and dominated by Chad Mendes: 2/2

Number of top 5 opponents beaten by McGregor: 1, on short notice

Number of top 5 opponents beaten by Aldo: Many, all on full notice

And so on.

Given how bad his recent cuts have been, I'm actually amazed at Conor's performances so far. I think that he's been able to maximize his cardio because he is such a smooth, relaxed fighter. But I still question what he'll look like in rds 3 and beyond.

Yeah but you can twist stats any way you like.

Number of rounds where Aldo has been taken down, held down, and dominated by Chad Mendes: 0/6

Number of rounds where McGregor has been taken down, held down, and dominated by Chad Mendes: 2/2

Number of top 5 opponents beaten by McGregor: 1, on short notice

Number of top 5 opponents beaten by Aldo: Many, all on full notice

And so on.

Aldo being dropped by Mendes shots was 1.

Aldo being hurt or coming close to being dropped against Mendes was 3 or more.

Conor being dropped or hurt by Mendes was none.

Conor has 3 top 5 wins out of 6 fights.

Im will bet 3k on Conor Mcgregor .

Easy money!

Back