UFC 193 confirmed for Melbourne's Docklands/Etihad Stadium; two more fights announced

xiAglAL.jpg

photo.jpg

You coming over for the show, FRB? I can't decide if I want to buy you a beer or kick you in the nuts. Probably the first.

UFC 193 in Etihad Stadium? This is going to be huge!

Can't wait. Needs a big co main if they want a chance at selling it out though. I don't care for seeing Rousey fight, but she would definitely do it. She's already possibly the maybe famous mma fighter in Australia.

Would love to see JDS/Overeem, but that wouldn't sell out either. It needs to be a title fight or somebody huge. Is Cowboy/RDA scheduled yet or is one of them injured? I would LOVE to see that. Cowboy would be ridiculously popular here if he's promoted.

They need a couple of extra fights to even get close to sell out. I say add Jds vs. Overeem, Cruz vs. Dillashaw, Rampage vs. Shogun, Crocop vs. Fedor, something.

I like that the UFC is trying to make a big impression by putting the event at Etihiad Stadium but this is not going to be a great experience for the fans .

Rod Laver would of been ideal for viewing the fights the way the arena is set up.

They need a couple of extra fights to even get close to sell out. I say add Jds vs. Overeem, Cruz vs. Dillashaw, Rampage vs. Shogun, Crocop vs. Fedor, something.

Agree. Its getting close to being epic but they just need a little extra oomph. I would laugh my ass off if we got Fedor Vs Cro-Cop , Just imagine how butt-hurt the yanks on here would be! :D

I'd lose my fucking mind if we got that. Legit meltdown material.

I like that the UFC is trying to make a big impression by putting the event at Etihiad Stadium but this is not going to be a great experience for the fans .

Rod Laver would of been ideal for viewing the fights the way the arena is set up.

i agree. I am flying up from sydney for this event, regardless of which stadium its held in. I would prefer the smaller arena from a viewing perspective. although it would be cool to attend a fight with 50,000 other people.

wouldnt want to be in the nosebleed seats tho

MASSIVE coup for Australia, hope it sells out or comes close.

I think the ufc have pretty much settled on the main card, they will just stack the prelims with Aussie fighters and hope that 50,000 people want to attend

Agreed, Laver is literally the perfect MMA stadium. would be perfect. I skipped the UFC at the Rogers Center while I was in Toronto. I think I'll still be heading to this one though now that I am in Sydney.

Is this going to be in daytime Australia time? It's going to be pretty strange having an event in daylight.

Also, seems like a really inappropriate arena bearing in my how far away from the ring the stands will be.

Should be a good event though. Hope the ticket sales go well.

Is this going to be in daytime Australia time? It's going to be pretty strange having an event in daylight.

Also, seems like a really inappropriate arena bearing in my how far away from the ring the stands will be.

Should be a good event though. Hope the ticket sales go well.

The fight will be on Sunday morning local time. The stadium has a retractable roof which I'm sure will be in use.

I think they will do around 30,000 tickets

Holy shit this is Eithad

24385fb9e3eb6139cf95b220df456c1f.jpg

How far away will the cageside seats be to the cage?

etihad-stadium_exq4ixvyb4fk1774rp96gcfuk.png

This is Etihad Melb. I was seriously considering flying over to Melb for this but think I won't bother. Won't be able to see shit.

I wouldn't put Reem vs JDS on this card.

Back