UFC 193 confirmed for Melbourne's Docklands/Etihad Stadium; two more fights announced

toe hold

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Last edited:
I just don't understand the Bisping fight, I get the appeal to the local. But at this point in his career it's not a fight that's going to do much for him if he wins. Not to mention Whittaker is dangerous!!! Bad move Bisping

I just don't understand the Bisping fight, I get the appeal to the local. But at this point in his career it's not a fight that's going to do much for him if he wins. Not to mention Whittaker is dangerous!!! Bad move Bisping

If Bisping wins I could see him finally getting the Anderson Silva bout he's wanted.

So we got

Lawler vs Condit
Bisping vs Whittaker
Hunt vs BigFoot

Looking like a solid card so far with another decent fight or 2

Also this is in a stadium that holds 56k people, has UFC ever had that big of a crowd?

So we got

Lawler vs Condit
Bisping vs Whittaker (not confirmed)
Hunt vs BigFoot
Matthews vs. Arreola
Kelly vs. Abreu

Looking like a solid card so far with another decent fight or 2

Also this is in a stadium that holds 56k people, has UFC ever had that big of a crowd?

UFC 129 was in Toronto at the Rogers Centre, a similiar sized venue.

Last edited:
Hmm Etihad... I didn't think they'd do Etihad without two title fights. Maybe they're going to announce Rousey vs. Tate for it?

would love to see Whitaker ko Bisping

So this event will be the UFC attendance record ?

It will sell out guaranteed. Etihad sells out every major sporting event that goes there in Melbourne. Doesn't matter what it is.

Some regular season AFL matches get 90,000+at a nearby stadium.

So this event will be the UFC attendance record ?

Depending on the seating arrangement and it actually sells out, it could be very close to UFC 129. Venue can accommodate between 51,000 - 74,000 people.

UFC 129 was credited with an attendance of 55,724 and a $12,000,000 gate.

Last edited:
Hmm Etihad... I didn't think they'd do Etihad without two title fights. Maybe they're going to announce Rousey vs. Tate for it?

Yah, I was just wondering about that. 56K is a lot of seats to fill, especially if you don't want to be giving out $5 nosebleed seats.

I think the UFC pretty much has to put one of the heavy hitters on the card. With Conor, Anderson, GSP, Cain/Werdum and Jon Jones all unavailable or booked that pretty much leaves Rousey.

I can definitely see the UFC headlining with Rousey. Rousey headlining a 55K+ stadium is going to draw even more media attention to the already ridiculous levels of media attention that Rousey draws.

I agree with everything here.

Went to 110 & 127 in Sydney but i can't afford to do Melbourne.

Melb is my home town and a great sports city. If they promote it really strong they could sell out the Etihad.
Best fights Australia has had since Cain/Big Nog.

Ideal PPV card if they don't throw Rousey (Tate 3 or Cyborg) on here.

WW title bout: Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit
Co-main HW bout: JDS vs. Overeem

any order of
MW bout: Michael Bisping vs. Robert Whittaker
HW bout: Antonio Silva vs. Mark Hunt
LHW bout: Jackson vs. Rua?

mid-low tier Aussie/NZL/English fighters Matthews, Kelly, Noke, O'Reilly, Scott, Entwislte, Te-Huna, Vaculik, Nguyen, etc. dispersed through.

Last edited:
Back