UFC 193 being overlooked

The Big E Train

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Why are UFC 194 fights being annouced before UFC 193.
UFC 193 has the main event annouced and that is it.

Are fighters declining fights as they do not wish to travel to Australia. Do they have a choice in this matter?

I'm getting a bit pissed at the lack of information about UFC 193 yet UFC 194 is shaping up to be a great card.

Because end of year Vegas card headlined by Irish GOAT vs. Brazilian GOAT > some generic Aussie card. Might hurt your feelings, but that's a fact.

Are fighters declining fights as they do not wish to travel to Australia. Do they have a choice in this matter?

I'm getting a bit pissed at the lack of information about UFC 193 yet UFC 194 is shaping up to be a great card.

- Time difference.
- Fighters make peanuts already and would have to pay their team to come over here.
- Lack of quality gyms to train at compared to overseas.
- Bigger fan base overseas.

Michael Bisping vs Robert Whittaker is rumoured.

correct

IF, Werdum vs. Velasquez is next at HW, I'm thinking that JDS/Overeem lands here, or at the Fox Orlando event as the co-featured bout to Lawler/Condit, or RDA/Cerrone.

Last edited:
Australia lol

It's UFC 191 that's being overlooked. The card is only a couple of weeks away and most people could care less. I'm totally stoked for Jemetrious Johnson/Don Dodson II

Not a major event.

Doesn't 193 have Lawler/Condit on it?

That's not getting overlooked my friend. That fight is going to be amazing.

I think the major issue is that not one fight on the card has been officially confirmed by the UFC. Even Lawler/Condit hasn't been officially announced.

It def needs some fights.

Condit/Lawler is a great start and Bisping/Whittaker is rumored and Hunt/Big FOot probably gets added but it could use a big name co main event.

correct

IF, Werdum vs. Velasquez is next at HW, I'm thinking that JDS/Overeem lands here, or at the Fox Orlando event as the co-featured bout to Lawler/Condit, or RDA/Cerrone.

I think Mark Hunt will be fighting instead.

I think the major issue is that not one fight on the card has been officially confirmed by the UFC. Even Lawler/Condit hasn't been officially announced.

I think that's his point. He's not asking why Sherdog isn't talking about it, he's asking why the UFC isn't booking it.

I think.

I think that's his point. He's not asking why Sherdog isn't talking about it, he's asking why the UFC isn't booking it.

I think.

I think you'll find the UFC have booked it, but they're keeping it on the low down for a big reveal in Australia. It's their marquee Australia event, and while the rest of the world may not give a sh#t about 193, I think the UFC know there's a big, relatively untapped market, especially in Victoria, so they're going to hold off on the big reveal for as long as possible then go balls-out on the promotion.

I've got an inkling about a few other things but I've been sworn to secrecy.

Do they have a choice in this matter?
Yep they can pretty much accept or reject whatever fight they want as they are independent contractors . See Tyron Woodley declining to fight Lombard in Australia (in retrospect can't really blame the guy as Lombard is a drug cheat)

Its the UFC bro if you don't live in America you have to lap up what scraps they give us and when they choose to give it to us. Also the cheeky bastards are just fine with having a fight card starting at 9am on a fucking sunday so as not to inconvenience the delicate yanks.

I personally though they should of Put Romero/Jacare on the Melbourne card but I am hopeful that they have another fight of similar significance. Seems a bit silly to just have Lawler/Condit and beef the card up with some Local Aussie fighters.

I think Matthews will get a Main card spot not sure what else they are planning to do.

I've heard Feydor is looking for a fight with Hunt on that card.

Also Gunnar Nelson has had a talk about fighting Bendo down in Australia sooooo....

Prediction lineup

Lawler/Condit
Hunt/Feydor
Nelson/Bendo
Bisping/Whittaker
Matthews/TBA

Good golly that would be one helluva card. And perfect momentum into 194

Back