UFC 193 - Aussies: Who's Going?

You'd be a fool to go to this card

Unless you get the tickets free which you will be able to get as this stadium isn't going to get filled

I'll address this first. The fight WILL sell out guaranteed. Now the reason for this is the location. This is the first legalised UFC even in Melbourne. They've had events before [Contrary to what the noobs are saying] but it's been in a ring.

In Melbourne they will sell out anything. It could be headlined by anyone and it will sell out.

That being said, I was so fucking excited for this. I was organising flights, accommodation etc. I couldn't believe how fucking lucky Australia got to host Condit v Lawler

I'll address this first. The fight WILL sell out guaranteed. Now the reason for this is the location. This is the first legalised UFC event in Melbourne. They've had events before [Contrary to what the noobs are saying] but it's been in a ring.

UFC had illegal events before in Melbourne?

Oh you mean MMA.

Refers to MMA as UFC , then calls people 'noobs'.

hmmmm

Anyway on topic, few mates already booked flights and are going, those of us who were waiting for tickets are unsure now, personally I have 0 interest in watching Ronda smash down another girl, but Lawler and Condit would have been amazing.

If I end up going it will be to support the Perth boys and not because of Ronda.

I won't, it's much too far from Europe. Sorry guys.

UFC had illegal events before in Melbourne?

Oh you mean MMA.

Refers to MMA as UFC , then calls people 'noobs'.

hmmmm

Anyway on topic, few mates already booked flights and are going, those of us who were waiting for tickets are unsure now, personally I have 0 interest in watching Ronda smash down another girl, but Lawler and Condit would have been amazing.

If I end up going it will be to support the Perth boys and not because of Ronda.

Use some fucking reading comprehension dude. First legalised UFC event. I just mentioned they have had events in melbourne before in a ring

I was halfway through organising a trip to Melbourne, looking at accommodation, flights etc. and then I heard Lawler was injured...and Rousey is in.

So... I looked again at the card and I just can't justify it anymore.

Sure, there are a bunch of Aussies (vs a bunch of nobodies) on the card and Hunt V Bigfoot 2 would be awesome, but there's nothing worth going all that way for except the atmosphere of potentially massive crowd.

So, that got me thinking - who's actually going to go now that the main event is replaced with what, in most likelihood, will be a 30 second fight?

Not me.
yep i was Going to fly over from Perth and now I'm definitely not the moment i heard Condit was fighting i thought this is a once in a life time opportunity and now the only fight that was drawing me out of my shell to fly over to melbourne is no longer happening so no I'm not going .

Wow, I can't believe I'm actually seeing Australians complaining that they're about to get a card headlined by Rousey.

The UFC should move her back to UFC 195 and let Hunt vs. Bigfoot headline the card then.

Wow, I can't believe I'm actually seeing Australians complaining that they're about to get a card headlined by Rousey.

The UFC should move her back to UFC 195 and let Hunt vs. Bigfoot headline the card then.

I totally agree, move her to any other card. I don't want a card with Hunt Vs Bigfoot as basically the only reason to turn up, apart from cheering on the local guy. The only reason I'd watch Rousey is to see her lose so I don't have to hear noob MMA fans talk like she bloody invented the armbar.

They gave a taste of the good stuff with UFC 110 and then all they've given us since are scraps and scrubs. We want a Vegas-level card goddamit! :icon_evil

When you live in Australia you get pretty sick of being shafted -- we call it the "Australia Tax" -- which means we pay more for less, every fucking time.
You want to fill a stadium with names like Arreola, Sobotta, Villante, Abreu ??

Let the casual fans waste their money on a 30 second fight.

An absolute spit in the face to Aussie MMA fans I reckon. I do not want to spend big $$ just to see a 30 second fight, and a lopsided beating in the co-main. Absolute fucking disgraceful.

With Lawler and Condit off the card i'll have to pass. If the Hunt/Fedor rumors are true though, i'll be there, front motherfucking seats, whatever the cost.

I'll address this first. The fight WILL sell out guaranteed. Now the reason for this is the location. This is the first legalised UFC even in Melbourne. They've had events before [Contrary to what the noobs are saying] but it's been in a ring.

In Melbourne they will sell out anything. It could be headlined by anyone and it will sell out.

That being said, I was so fucking excited for this. I was organising flights, accommodation etc. I couldn't believe how fucking lucky Australia got to host Condit v Lawler

I was hesitant about going up til yesterday, but now that they've added JoJed there's no way I will miss this live. Since it's at Etihad though I have no idea which (if any) seats will have a good view, but at least I'll have the aussie atmosphere.

I was halfway through organising a trip to Melbourne, looking at accommodation, flights etc. and then I heard Lawler was injured...and Rousey is in.

So... I looked again at the card and I just can't justify it anymore.

Sure, there are a bunch of Aussies (vs a bunch of nobodies) on the card and Hunt V Bigfoot 2 would be awesome, but there's nothing worth going all that way for except the atmosphere of potentially massive crowd.

So, that got me thinking - who's actually going to go now that the main event is replaced with what, in most likelihood, will be a 30 second fight?

Not me.

Not going I live fifteen minutes from stadium but since they changed the card not as excited

Back