UFC 193 - Aussies: Who's Going?

Mendoza

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I was halfway through organising a trip to Melbourne, looking at accommodation, flights etc. and then I heard Lawler was injured...and Rousey is in.

So... I looked again at the card and I just can't justify it anymore.

Sure, there are a bunch of Aussies (vs a bunch of nobodies) on the card and Hunt V Bigfoot 2 would be awesome, but there's nothing worth going all that way for except the atmosphere of potentially massive crowd.

So, that got me thinking - who's actually going to go now that the main event is replaced with what, in most likelihood, will be a 30 second fight?

Not me.

You'd be a fool to go to this card

Unless you get the tickets free which you will be able to get as this stadium isn't going to get filled

I was definitely disappointed when I heard the news. I thought rousey vs holm was added ontop of lawler vs condit :( I will most probably still go just.

this card seriously boggles my mind. massive stadium show in a growing market and they give us this piece of shit card. sure the fight will be entertaining but I feel like they are shootinf themselves in the foot.

im praying that the winner of mir vs arlovski fights Fedor at this event(will never happen).

The only good thing about Robbie's injury is that it happened before the tickets went on sale as I would have been devastated! I'm not going any more.

I'll be there
cangurue-634x368.jpg

I hope the card sells half of what the UFC was expecting so they stop with the bullshit. good thing for you guys, tickets didnt go on sale yet.

casuals will probably still fill up the place just to see Ronda but I hope not.

Nah since Lawler V Condit was called off I cant justify going to this since I wouldn't even bother going to the pub for the PPV

Really?

I'm going. I'm definitely disappointed in it being rousey instead of lawler vs condit but it's my first chance to catch a PPV in person.

I thought people loved Ronda. I was worried tickets would sell faster. Now I don't know whether to hold fire on getting them and see if they drop in price if no on picks them up or to buy them as soon as possible incase they sell out. bother.

Are the same people complaining about the Holm/Rousey matchup also complaining about Condit gettin a title shot? Just Curious? I live in California I would go if I lived in Australia or close by especially if it's a stadium show. Shit I went to the UFC Fox card in Sacramento & UFC 177 that arena hold like 12,000 tops and had hella fun I could just imagine up to 70,000

I find it hilarious that people think that the Lawler/Condit fight (I'm a fan of both fighters by the way) would sell more then Ronda vs anyone. If anything this works out better for the UFC more people know who Ronda is compared to the other two combined....sad but deal with it

Really?

I'm going. I'm definitely disappointed in it being rousey instead of lawler vs condit but it's my first chance to catch a PPV in person.

I thought people loved Ronda. I was worried tickets would sell faster. Now I don't know whether to hold fire on getting them and see if they drop in price if no on picks them up or to buy them as soon as possible incase they sell out. bother.

I know its a PPV but the card is not a PPV strength card, all fights apart from 3 wouldn't even make the main card on a fight night card and bigfoot v hunt will most likely be a quick KO, Rousey is a high possibility of being done inside 60 seconds, the card is abysmal.

Unlikely, but considering how many seats they want to sell I imagine it won't be hard to get some real cheap or free.

Flights booked from Perth. Accommodation will be booked within the next 12 hours. I'm in like motherfucking Flynn.

Really?

Sherdog isn't a reflection of the general public. Unless the recent allegations involving Ronda impact her star power far more than I expect you should buy tickets sooner rather than later.

LOL at people blaming the UFC for an injury, Rousey is the best thing they could have replaced that fight with and is by far a bigger draw.

Sherdog isn't a reflection of the general public. Unless the recent allegations involving Ronda impact her star power far more than I expect you should buy tickets sooner rather than later.

Gangster. Thanks homie

I was definitely disappointed when I heard the news. I thought rousey vs holm was added ontop of lawler vs condit :( I will most probably still go just.

this card seriously boggles my mind. massive stadium show in a growing market and they give us this piece of shit card. sure the fight will be entertaining but I feel like they are shootinf themselves in the foot.

im praying that the winner of mir vs arlovski fights Fedor at this event(will never happen).

I don't think they broke the thumb on purpose just to make you unhappy.

The only good thing about Robbie's injury is that it happened before the tickets went on sale as I would have been devastated! I'm not going any more.

HAHA... too true. I'd be gutted if I paid my hard-earned $$ for this dogshit

The fights just don't matter... none of the mean anything in the title picture and they're not even "fun fights" that you'd watch just coz the two guys always bring it.

In my opinion, Aussie fans are pretty hardcore and hardcore fans don't go for Rousey fights. We want a contest! Something that matters!

Back