UFC 190: Rousey vs. Correia Prelims PBP (Discussion) 7:00pm ET/ 4:00pm PT

155lbs- Fernando Bruno (15-2) vs. Glaico Franca (12-3)

135lbs- Dileno Lopes (18-1) vs. Reginaldo Vieira (12-3)

170lbs- Nordine Taleb (11-2) vs. Warlley Alves (8-0)

185lbs- Clint Hester (11-4) vs. Vitor Miranda (10-4)

135lbs- Hugo Viana (8-2) vs. Guido Cannetti (6-2)

Who are these guys and are any of them finishers?

No idea about the first one tbh.

Dileno Lopes is a top flyweight prospect worth looking out for. In 19 fights he's only gone to a decision twice. Vieira is a submission guy, so we'll see who comes out on top here.

Clint hester is always a fun fight win/lose. I was pretty shocked he got TKO'd by Whittaker, and Miranda was like 15 seconds from being TKO'd by Jake Collier before Collier decided to coast for the rest of the round. I think this is about who's striking is up to par. I think Hester's variety of strikes and movement will be better than the 36 year old's boxing.

Warlley Alves is a finisher but his gastank is a huge issue, Taleb is a trisparrer so that fight will be a smoke break for sure. Look for Taleb will probably try to tire out Alves, whether its against the cage or on the mat...depending on the gastank Alves could get a guillotine or arm-triangle finish. Taleb if his cardio is up to par could eke out a victory here. Tough to say, my calls are usually wrong on brazillian cards. Talebs decision victories are also against a 34 year old, a 39 year old and the best prospect out of the China Top Team...so take that for what its worth when thinking about who's gonna win.

Hugo Viana has looked good in all of his UFC fights, may be a bit undersized but is fairly well rounded. His striking is wild, even caught TJ in their fight which dropped him to a knee if thats anything worth putting on the resume, Guido Cannetti is a wild striker with huge holes in his game, maybe the move to Team Alpha Male for this camp will change that though. He throws his punches with his head facing down a lot, and if Viana's camp notes it we could be looking at a brutal uppercut KO here.

TLDR. Viana/Canetti, Miranda/Hester, Viera/Lopes have like a 99% chance of finishes

Alves/Taleb - 25% it doesn't end as a gas fest sparring match

Who are these guys and are any of them finishers?

original.gif

Hugo's a scrappy undersized BW.

Vitor%2BMiranda%2BHead%2BKicks%2Band%2BFinishes%2BJake%2BCollier%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B58%2BBarueri.gif

Miranda's a scrappy MW.

i1SI58mpXXBz6.gif

Hester's a large MW with big power.

All finishers

sad to say but this is probably the least chance i've ever given someone to win. I watched Bethe's fight vs Baszler earlier and Baszler was so tired against the cage that she gave Bethe like 50 free shots and Baszler didn't even blink an eye for the most part. No power at all.

Wolverine is always fun.

Does he normally walk out with those on his hands???

Who else was disappointed when he took off the claws before entering the cage? I thought that was a new rule....

My stream shows nothing.

Has it started yet?

sad to say but this is probably the least chance i've ever given someone to win. I watched Bethe's fight vs Baszler earlier and Baszler was so tired against the cage that she gave Bethe like 50 free shots and Baszler didn't even blink an eye for the most part. No power at all.

Her fight against Duke is even less impressive. She actually got taken down several times.

She has no idea about how to use her whole body to punch... watch her move in general... not athletic or agile, very stiff and robot-like. This is going to be the craziest mismatch in quite some time...

Back