UFC 190: Mauricio Rua vs Antonio Rogerio Nogueira PBP (Discussion)

Yeah, it is. He was scared as hell after that. He knows that chin is dinged.

But it's not. The most iron chinned fighter will lose equilibrium after getting hit behind the ear. And by scared you must mean fought smart, mixed it up, and landed the harder strikes in Rd 2&3 .

War Shogun!

But Nog seriously had him on the ropes, if he had landed 2-3 more good blows Rua was done

Judges are too stingy with 10-8s, I didnt expect it. I was sure itd be 29-28 Rua.

Saying round 1 was a 10-8 then you may as well give every round a 10-8 if a fighter gets rocked.

Edgar/Maynard 2, round 1, now THAT is a 10-8, or even 10-7. Shogun got hurt but did really well with blocking A LOT of Nog's punches and fired back. It's not like he was being destroyed like Barao was last weekend.

He cheated?

I'm not understanding what you're trying to say.

I said he didn't fight Lil Nog like a man.

Where did you get cheated from?

Clearly the understanding issues are on your end.

Forever rooting for Shogun but for fucks sake he's declined.

This was a far cry from their first match.

Glad he got away with the W, hope the next ones a KO.

I think I have chest palpitations. Dear lord Shogun.

That scared me.

Love the guy but even glancing shots can hurt him bad. Should really retire before he winds up like Ali or Goodridge.

So... Shogunites, how does it feel to know that Brazilians love Ronda more than Shogun?

I couldn't care less, MMA fans are fickle.

And can you blame them? Shogun looks like he's on his way out, Ronda's last three wins have all been under 2 minutes.

I said he didn't fight Lil Nog like a man.

Where did you get cheated from?

Clearly the understanding issues are on your end.

You mean stand in front of him and lose the fight? Shogun was throwing hard overhands and Nog walked through him. So should he have just said fuck it I will lose this fight and let Nog swing on him the whole time?

Shogun fought a smart fight, his chin isnt iron anymore, but it was a good fight and I dont see why you are insulting Shogun by saying he didnt fight him like a man. He lopped overhands at him all night, and body kicks. Its MMA, takedowns are part of the game, its not like he spammed them.

War Shogun

forever a fan W or L

glad he got the W tonight

You mean stand in front of him and lose the fight? Shogun was throwing hard overhands and Nog walked through him. So should he have just said fuck it I will lose this fight and let Nog swing on him the whole time?

Shogun fought a smart fight, his chin isnt iron anymore, but it was a good fight and I dont see why you are insulting Shogun by saying he didnt fight him like a man. He lopped overhands at him all night, and body kicks. Its MMA, takedowns are part of the game, its not like he spammed them.

did you even read what I posted initially?

"He did what he had to do to win. But he had to resort to stalling. Fans clearly didn't respect that."

-_-

Had Nog winning the first and third round.

Back