UFC 190:Maia vs Magney SPOILERS

Calibur

Jiu Jitsu Snob
@red
Reaction score
That Demian tho!

My goodness, bjj perfection.

I had a stupid grin on my face watching that whole fight. That was beautiful jiu jitsu

same. I would love to see him against gunnar next

Love Maia and hs Jiu-Jitsu. Beautiful to watch. So happy he won.

When I was a newish white belt I learned so much from his Science of Jiu-Jitsu DVD's. I would come back a week later and blues and purples would be like "damn dude, you are way better". Thanks Demian Maia. Well and my instructors.

Amazing execution, I enjoyed the takedowns, great leverage, circling/angles really embodying the philosophy of not exchanging power, but going with/around the power.

Missed that fight. Anyone have .gifs yet?

In that guys defense, he escaped mount to half guard several times. If I were on the ground with maia, id count that as a victory

He literally goes out there not to be a modern mixed martial artist, but to put on a BJJ demonstration. This was essentially a "Gracies in Action" video under modern MMA rules. It's not going to win him any championships, but it's damn near unbelievable to watch in high level MMA in this day and age. A+.

It's not going to win him any championships, but it's damn near unbelievable to watch in high level MMA in this day and age. A+.
He already earned one title shot with his style, and nearly beat Rory Mac.

He already earned one title shot with his style, and nearly beat Rory Mac.

He lost both those fights, and the Rory Mac fight was not for a title. He won't win any championships, but I don't care. It's awesome to watch him do his thing. It's like if a Kung Fu stylist were to walk into the UFC and beat a top-15 fighter using nothing but Kung Fu.

Always great to see World class Jiu-Jitsu in the UFC.

Maia destroyed Magny with slow but constant pressure passing. I remember Magny having a decent guard in some of his previous fights but Maia made him look like a complete white belt on the ground.

I would love to see a breakdown of Maia's passing. It almost looks like he's stuck in mud, yet his opponents simply let him pass to side control then mount or straight to mount. There is something he is doing with his weight distribution, positioning, or timing that should be studied.

Also the gable grip choke he did on the UNDERHOOK side was a thing of beauty.

I like Magny, he's reffed a few of my matches, but he got owned badly in that fight. Such beautiful work from Maia.

Maia destroyed Magny with slow but constant pressure passing. I remember Magny having a decent guard in some of his previous fights but Maia made him look like a complete white belt on the ground.

I would love to see a breakdown of Maia's passing. It almost looks like he's stuck in mud, yet his opponents simply let him pass to side control then mount or straight to mount. There is something he is doing with his weight distribution, positioning, or timing that should be studied.

Also the gable grip choke he did on the UNDERHOOK side was a thing of beauty.

this, his passing is just ridiculous, and is always the same tripod pressure passing.

Back