UFC 187 Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor odds released

Easy bet on Aldo at those odds. And I seldom think betting on the favorite is smart. I figure Aldo's edge increases as the fight gets closer though.

Odds should be between 2-1 and 3-1, frankly.

Was hoping to put a G on Conor @ 3/1, shame Aldo fans are so f'n poor.
These are opening odds and bets haven't moved the line yet, so your logic here is a bit flawed.
Also the majority of bets do not come from fans but from gamblers. So again your logic is flawed.
The odds will never be anywhere near 3/1 so your hope is ignorant.

These are opening odds and bets haven't moved the line yet, so your logic here is a bit flawed.
Also the majority of bets do not come from fans but from gamblers. So again your logic is flawed.
The odds will never be anywhere near 3/1 so your hope is ignorant.
lol @ your commentary on my "logic"

I guess my sarcasm was a little too subtle for you.

Thought it'd be at least 2/1. Interesting fight for sure.

Smart money is on Aldo.

Defensively inept power punchers usually get exposed when fighting their more technically sound counterparts. And the more technically sound fighter happens to be the #1 P4P fighter.

This happens all the time in combat sports.

I have no idea what you are looking at if you think McGregor is "defensively inept". You realize they have virtually identical striking defence stats, right? And this is even though Conor has been the aggressor in his latest fights, where you naturally sacrifice some defence. His fundamentals are pretty damn solid. Not to mention that his work rate is almost double that of Aldo.

You obviously have never seen McGregor fight if you think he is "defensively inept". You realize they have virtually identical striking defence stats, right? And this is even though Conor has been the aggressor in his latest fights. His fundamentals are pretty damn solid. Not to mention that his work rate is almost double that of Aldo.

Exactly! Against basically the same level of competition too. Oh wait...

You obviously have never seen McGregor fight if you think he is "defensively inept" he is literally the opposite. You realize they have virtually identical striking defence and accuracy stats, right? His fundamentals are pretty damn solid.

How can you even compare Conor's defense to Aldo's?

Aldo has exceptional head movement, and uses angles.

Conor is a jump in and out type fighter, and repeatedly gets caught in fire fights.

Did you watch his fight with Brandao? If he didn't have a chin, he could've been KO'd badly.

And in the Porier fight, he's just reckless, and gets caught by a good shot or 2.

Don't even bring up the Mendes fight to discredit Aldo's defense. Infinitely different type of opponent than your basic striker.

Smart money is on Aldo.

Defensively inept power punchers usually get exposed when fighting their more technically sound counterparts. And the more technically sound fighter happens to be the #1 P4P fighter.

let me guess, you think conor is being protected by not being matched up with wrestlers?

How can you even compare Conor's defense to Aldo's?

Aldo has exceptional head movement, and uses angles.

Conor is a jump in and out type fighter, and repeatedly gets caught in fire fights.

Did you watch his fight with Brandao? If he didn't have a chin, he could've been KO'd badly.

And in the Porier fight, he's just reckless, and gets caught by a good shot or 2.

Don't even bring up the Mendes fight to discredit Aldo's defense. Infinitely different type of opponent than your basic striker.

Lol, what are you even talking about? Conor is masterful at slipping just out of range, and using subtle head movement, when he chooses to do so. Plenty of fights to show that. He has a different style than Aldo, but that's something else. Plenty of ways to skin a cat.

If Aldo didn't have a chin, he would have been knocked out by Mendes as well. And I already adressed that he has been the aggressor. Doesn't make him defensively unsound, but he has just chosen to fight a bit more risky because he obviously thinks he can get away with it.

Fighters have an average of 30% hit rate on him, WHILE he is being aggressive.

5/23 Las Vegas, NV

+125 Conor McGregor
-165 Jose Aldo

Ok guys, I feel big money to be made in this fight on either fighter since the odds are close.

Will McGregor complete his hype train and claim his UFC gold to join Weidman and Dillashaw's group of murdering brazilian champs?

Or will this loud mouth get picked apart like Cormier did against Jones after all that talk about "taking him down"...

Doesn't matter to me who takes the W and who goes to sleep,

All I care about is the lettus.

I'll be betting heavy on this fight about a week to a couple days before it starts.

Who u got??

This post is...a mess.

You are going to be "betting big" but didn't even offer an opinion on who. There's not "money to be made on either fighter", because one of them is going to lose.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but if you want actual substance on betting fights go to Oblivian's "Official UFC on Fox 14" thread.

Exactly! Against basically the same level of competition too. Oh wait...

This is such a silly argument. We are not comparing amateur fighters to pro:s. And we are specifically talking about striking.
Yeah, Aldo fighting those high level strikers, right? And he has only been fighting the likes of Mendes 2 his whole career, right?
Fact is, Holloway is probably a better striker than anyone Aldo has faced in a long time, except perhaps Mendes.

It looks like the odds makes believe in the "hype".

Did you get the odds from.

paddypower1.jpg

This is such a silly argument. We are not comparing amateur fighters to pro:s. And we are specifically talking about striking.
Yeah, Aldo fighting those high level strikers, right? And he has only been fighting the likes of Mendes 2 his whole career, right?
Fact is, Holloway is probably a better striker than anyone Aldo has faced in a long time, except perhaps Mendes.

Sigh.

When will people understand that trying to separate individual aspects of MMA doesn't work. Frankie Edgar isn't an amazing striker without the threat of a takedown, but who cares? His skills blend together and elevate his striking to an elite level. If Frankie took Conor down rd 1 and beat him up on the mat, it's easy to see him outstriking Conor the rest of the fight with Conor being worried about a repeat of round 1. It's amazing I have to actually explain this.

Aldo has fought significantly better FIGHTERS than Conor has, so your counterargument is ridiculous.

Smart money is on Aldo.

Well said.

Surprised it is that close. Maybe they are predicting a lot of people riding the hype and putting big money on Conor and don't want to lay off so much action? If Conor was a 2-1 dog I could see a ton of money going on him. Or is that something more that an individual book would be concerned with and not Vegas odds? I expected like -220/+180 or around there. MMA lines it seems have big swings, it will be interesting to see what happens. I can see early money on Conor and late money on Aldo. Haven't bet in like 15 years and don't follow a ton of MMA lines. What do the bettors on here think will happen?

Back