UFC 185: Pettis vs. Dos Anjos Is Shaping Up Nicely

Damn I have absolutely 0 interest in the women's fight, it's a waste of a main card slot imo.Will not be paying for this event.

Me too, but the rest of the card is amazing. I'll be going.

Diego Sanchez wants to fight Nate Diaz on this card. I'm hoping this works out and that can be the final main card fight.

that would be awesome!
congrats on the "red" too.

Awesome card, IMO.... Until the injuries set in

Awesome card, IMO.... Until the injuries set in

Yeah, I feel you. Injuries make it really hard to get excited for a card nowadays when the air date comes around and the card looks completely different. But as of now, I really like this card. Especially if they manage to add Diaz vs. Sanchez.

that's legit. the only fight i'll be skipping is the 1st one

Pettis bros love being on the same card. But yeah it is pretty good top from bottom. Honestly aside from the top three they are kinda irrelevant fights but still good. Still don't think RDA should be getting that title but I guess there is no one left and Donald don't feel like waitin a week and Khabib might be out for a little longer.

I just noticed the Women's Strawweight title fight.... That's a thing now?

This sucks because I'll probably be at BWW for the fight and I can't just go do something else for most likely the 25 minutes it will take for two tiny females to run around and hit each other with pitter patter punches until a decision is reached.

If they're gonna do these terrible women's divisions, at least put them all on the same card and leave the men's cards alone.

Don't jinx this for us.

I just noticed the Women's Strawweight title fight.... That's a thing now?

This sucks because I'll probably be at BWW for the fight and I can't just go do something else for most likely the 25 minutes it will take for two tiny females to run around and hit each other with pitter patter punches until a decision is reached.

If they're gonna do these terrible women's divisions, at least put them all on the same card and leave the men's cards alone.

Women's strawweight is awesome. Stop being such a chauvinist.

Anthony Pettis vs. Rafael dos Anjos -LW Title Fight
Carla Esparza vs. Joanna Jedrzejczyk -WSW Title Fight
Johny Hendricks vs. Matt Brown
Roy Nelson vs. Alistair Overeem
Ross Pearson vs. Sam Stout
Daron Cruickshank vs. Deneil Dariush
Henry Cejudo vs. Chris Cariaso
Sergio Pettis vs. Ryan Benoit
Elias Theodorou vs. Roger Narvaez

Pretty solid PPV event so far. I'd like to see one more solid fight main card fight added because outside of the first four listed I don't see any PPV caliber fights, but the probability they run with this and add some prelim level fights is pretty high. All in all, a really good card though, it took shape rather quickly too. All these fights seem to have been confirmed within the last week or so. What do you guys think of the card?

Nice card, lots of cool fighters. However, since a Sherdogger will always whine no matter what, I think Daron and Ross should have gotten better opponents. Come on, Sam Stout?

I know Ross lost to Iaquinta, but he was doing great until that loss. A fight against Stout doesn't mean much, although it might be entertaining.

Nice card, lots of cool fighters. However, since a Sherdogger will always whine no matter what, I think Daron and Ross should have gotten better opponents. Come on, Sam Stout?

I know Ross lost to Iaquinta, but he was doing great until that loss. A fight against Stout doesn't mean much, although it might be entertaining.

Well. Dariush is on a two fight win streak where as Daron has one just one fight since his lopsided loss to Masvidal. His fight with KJ was sort of a side step since it ended in a no contest but he looked really good in that fight and was putting it on KJ. I think the fight makes sense.

As for Ross/Stout, I think it makes sense too. While Ross has looked good lately, his record doesn't reflect it. He was technically on a two fight win streak, because the Diego loss was complete bullshit but before that he got fucked up by Melvin Guillard even if it was a no contest. Him getting a fight with Stout is a chance for him to get back on track and earn another TKO. I think Stout is fading away as is his chin.

Both good fights, imo.

Diego Sanchez wants to fight Nate Diaz on this card. I'm hoping this works out and that can be the final main card fight.

Would be a great rebound fight for Diaz. I'm all for it.

Back