UFC 184 adds Tony Ferguson vs. Yancy Medeiros

MMAddict21

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Via UFC Espanol twitter page

Not a fan of this fight. Tony deserves a step up and I believe Yancy is a step down. Also kills off a potential contender. Tony is on a nice streak and Yancy is a good upcoming talent. That all being said, picking Tony by late TKO or decision.

Tony deserves a step up, but instead he gets Yancy? Masvidal/Ferguson was the obvious fight to make when Jorge healed up.

Ferguson is tough but I'l take Yancy here. Ferguson gets tagged quite often and Yancy's power shows no mercy.

Ferguson by constant pressure and kicks.

I wanted Tony to fight a different fighter.

Source:

TOhczEj.png

Just needed to add a fight to 184. Ferguson should take this but we all said that about his fight vs. Johnson.

Got Ferguson, seems like a step down for him.

This is going to be an amazing fight. I'm taking Yancy.

Big step up for Medeiros. Ferguson is crazy for taking this fight; high risk, low reward. It's probably going to be a war, but I got Ferguson by sub.

If you think Yancy is a step down from Trujillo, you haven't been paying attention.

Trujillo had a weak record of 11-6 and his big win was a miracle 1-punch ko against Varner who was wrecking him and got reckless.

Medeiros is 12-2 with decent wins over Yves, and prospects like Jackson and Proctor. One of his two losses was even by fluky injury.

This is a step up. Medeiros is a better fighter than Trujillo, who had some early success against Ferguson, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if Yancy won this. In fact I'm going to pick him to win. He has aggression, reach, and grappling which is similar to Ferguson; only better timing and one strike power.

I doubt we see it but I'd love to see Yancy land another choke finish - the guy's developed a lot

Step down for Tony, BUT still very fun fight imo. We'll see if Yancy steps up.

Back