UFC 182 was a major disappointment

The comier jones fight was awesome. Nitpicking Nerds.

it was kinda boring. cerrone vs jury was really poor, i thought it would have been much better. zuffa got my $60

Yeah besides the fact DC lost Cowboy was the only thing that was worth watching

The comier jones fight was awesome. Nitpicking Nerds.

Was it really all that awesome? A good fight sure and it was real fun to watch but awesome? Maybe an awesome performance by Jones but that fight was far from awesome boss.

How about the rest of the Zquil that was the $60 main card?

DC-Jones fight was good just because it was the two of them fighting although I had hoped the fight would be ten times more entertaining. All other main card fights were pretty boring. Fights that no one ever will remember, not bad but definitely not good. On paper 182 didn't look that promising and it didn't even live up to my fairly low expectations. I have been awake for 30 hours straight (flying from one part of the world to the other) and only the DC-Jones fight could keep me awake.

And this is just another of a few reasons why I don't order the PPV at home anymore. Not worth the money to drop. I just go out to the sports bar, in my case it's Buffalo Wild Wings, and I sit back and eat dinner with my friends and spend maybe $10-$15.

I love the sport and will continue to support it like I have for the past 20 years so I understand not all fights will come out to be what we all hope for.

You only spend $15 at BWW? A beer at that place is $4-$5, mixed drinks are more. Spending 4-5 hours at BWW (here you have to get there an 1-2 hours early to get a seat) usually leaves me spending $40 myself once I include food, 4 or 5 beers and a tip.

I've found its cheaper to just split the price of the ppv with a group of 4 or 5 guys and everyone brings beer and order pizza. I do sometimes still end up at BWW if we're not able to get a group of guys together to watch the fight.

You only spend $15 at BWW? A beer at that place is $4-$5, mixed drinks are more. Spending 4-5 hours at BWW (here you have to get there an 1-2 hours early to get a seat) usually leaves me spending $40 myself once I include food, 4 or 5 beers and a tip.

I've found its cheaper to just split the price of the ppv with a group of 4 or 5 guys and everyone brings beer and order pizza. I do sometimes still end up at BWW if we're not able to get a group of guys together to watch the fight.

Not to mention the food is garbage.

This.

Although after the titanic that was last night getting people to pitch in will be a hard sell lol.

AMEN. Could not have said it better.

Aside from how he handled the one jones eye poke I thought herb was shit in there. Like you said far too much inactivity against the fence when they were clinched up at times. I know people wanted to see some good phone booth fighting but Dean rarely if ever told them to work or threatened to restart. Even in the championship rounds for Christ's sake.

tumblr_inline_mzxapjLrfb1r3n3c3.gif

He could've single-handedly improved that fight just by enforcing the rules.

Maybe you people should lower your expectations next time.

I agree with TS for the most part. It was a very lackluster card. This is what the UFC has been doing for a while. When they have a highly anticipated main event they don't bother very much with making the undercard that appealing...

*Grumble something something about how Pride used to have 4 main event worthy fights on a single card etc*

Its why I haven't been into the UFC so much recently. I was looking forward to the Lombard fight because I have heard so much about him on here but never really cared to look up any videos and didn't catch any of his previous fights. WOW. Such hype. Much sweat. Not impressed. That guy will never be champion lol!!!!!

Exactly, they have so many fights now (7 events schedules in January and February) that if a card has a main event that will sell really well, the rest of the card isn't going to have very mean compelling match-ups.

Yep, the card was terrible, the main card anyway. Massive let down. Jury, Burkman, and Nate didn't provide enough offense. DC was just too small.

jones vs dc was fine, though it slowed down during the championship rounds

I am serious in saying this so don't think of it as me being a wiseass I am keepin it 100. Thank you for asking because at first I either misunderstood you or thought you were just trying to disagree with me.

I will also have to do this in the most PC of ways because I don't want the banhammer or dubs, having said that here we go.

Let me start with Burkman vs Lombard. Full disclosure i am not a big fan of hector. I look at this man and see a strong explosive powerful man whose scary reputation precedes himself. Fuggedabout Dean Lister or Tony Ferguson this is the real bogeyman of mma. Yes I know Burkman had never been KO'd in 37 fights. I also know he admitted to being beat up leading into the fight and didn't want to drop out and let the ufc down. Having said that the fight was strange and pretty hard to watch. Burk winning Lombards respect early maybe made him proceed with caution even tho Josh was on fumes. You even have an Olympic judoka with a textbook takedown in the last round with which he does nothimg with. Amazing.

Gaudinot vs Horiguchi. I get Horiguchi is unbeaten in the ufc, yes I know Gaudinot has name recognition in the weight class from tuf so it makes for exposure. But c'mon man! This is the most hyped card of the new year with the biggest Jones fighr ever as headliner. I know it was a technical affair with some good exchanges, and I have been a fan of plenty of 125ers and their fights, but myself and the people I was with some casuals some hardcores, both looked thought and spoke to ourselves should we be watching these 2 guys fight on this card right now with this placement and on the main card no less.

I have long been a nate marquardt fan so it is sad tonsee him beaten by a point kickboxer. Props to brad but he is just not fun to watch and is kinda boring and safe. If I qm not mistaken the guy's last finish was of phil freakin baroni. Again this is on the main card mind you.

Cowboy Cerrone is a man's man everyone knows this. Imo he should be the biggest star they have due to his attitude skills and want to. As chael sonnen said he makes that walk everytime. He had to do everything to sell the jury fight because while myles was undefeated and no doubt a talented fighter he wasn't ready for the spotlight. Jury froze up and literqlly delivered no meaningful offense. The high point was the last few wind up asskickings from cowboy.

I have no beef with DC/Jones. While I was openly rooting for DC I admired Jones performance and am mesmerized by his talents. He is the greatest fighter I have ever seen. Point blank period.

Sorry for the novel, but you asked. These are the things I see far too often with ufc ppv today.

If I have this right.....You were not a Lombard fan, you didn't like the 125'ers enough, you don't like Tavares style, and Jury didn't perform as you expected.

So when you say "these are things I see far too often" all I read is "there are too many guys I don't care about on the card". Which is totally fine of you to think.

There are 400+ guys on the roster, how many are you willing to pay to watch fight?

dana is smiling now with +750 buys but this is the last card i will pay a dime for for a looooong time.

If I have this right.....You were not a Lombard fan, you didn't like the 125'ers enough, you don't like Tavares style, and Jury didn't perform as you expected.

So when you say "these are things I see far too often" all I read is "there are too many guys I don't care about on the card". Which is totally fine of you to think.

There are 400+ guys on the roster, how many are you willing to pay to watch fight?

It's not who but often how. It is more about the fights themselves than the combatants. Not one of the main card fights last night outside the ME proved it's worth as far as card placement. That's my point.

I know every card cannot be created equal but for the selljob heaped upon the masses the card way underdelivered. To me that point is completely inarguable.

Back