UFC 182 was a major disappointment

I listed exactly what goes into your perceived value, seems you are not really here to discuss it but rather want to shit talk the event.

I am open to any and all discussion hence why I am replying to your replies. It's not about shitting on the event it is about being sold more wolf tickets by uncle dana. Can't wait to hear him tell the fans don't watch again.

I was introducing my brother in law to mma and he was bored as shit.

Even the spinning backfist KO he was like "that guy didnt even mean to do that!".

Then when ppv starts all decisions. It all goes to boring ass decisions. Especially marquadt vs tavares. Then the cerrone myles sparring session. Then the biggest UFC fight never even lived up to its hype.

Blame yourself. Card looked like a snoozer on paper with jones/cormier possibly being boring too. Silva vs diaz card should be good though.

I am open to any and all discussion hence why I am replying to your replies. It's not about shitting on the event it is about being sold more wolf tickets by uncle dana. Can't wait to hear him tell the fans don't watch again.

Then what about last night made it such a bad value for you?

Were there not enough ranked fighters? Were there not enough finishes? Did your favorite guys not win? Were you not interested enough in the fighters on the card?

It's been a long time since i've been waiting up til 4 AM to see a card live, but like most here, i got caught up in the Jones - DC hype and really looked forward to the card.

There wasn't a single finish on the main card. Which is fine, plenty of great fights have ended in decisions, but there weren't any great fights on last night.

Lombard vs Burkman was meh. Lombard is a very good fighter, but he's so overrated on this site. Someone like Rory would tool him imo.

I like watching Horiguchi fight, but his fight wasn't really that great either.

Nate Marquardt looked so shot and old. He's not main card material anymore imo.

Cerrone vs Jury was the classical case of a young and up and coming fighter crashing into reality. Jury had nothing for Cerrone. Too bad, because i was really looking forward to that fight.

Jones vs DC was ok i suppose. There always was the chance that it was gonna be a clinchy dirty boxing affair, so i wasn't shocked that it be became one. Too bad that DC gassed, i though he did fairly well until he did. Very impressed by Jones wrestling, that has to be said.

All in all, this card didn't deliver. Not for me at least.

Cerrone and Jones both destroyed their competition. Well worth the ppv buy.

At least that shit fight was on prelims. And we got the Felder KO for free. The greatest entertainment i got from a dud of a main card was from a man delivering standing to ground ass kicks.

The main event was basically exactly what I expected, a constant "phone booth" grind. The first 3 rounds were competitive enough to be interesting, and Jones turning it up for the last two, especially with the take downs, was a good finish.
I thought Cerrone's performance was good all around. Even Jury going into survival mode didn't make it a bad fight for me. The grappling in the first round, Cerrone chopping the legs and the arse kicking at the end being obvious highlights.
As for the fights I enjoyed most...
Felder's striking and take down defence were just on point his whole fight, and I hope to see him against a ranked opponent not to far into the future.
Garbrandt Vs Brimage was a good fight. Garbrandt's striking was looking great, even after he broke his hand, and Brimage had enough success (and power) to keep me interested until the finish.
Jordan vs Cannonier was basically exactly what I expected. Average HW fight.
Tavares versus Marquardt was a little average, Marquardt's looking a bit shop worn. Tavares' improvement and the possibility of a sudden finish kept me interested though.
Akhmedov vs Nilsson wasn't too bad. Held my interest because after Nillson survived the early onslaught, I wasn't sure the rapidly fatiguing Akhmedov would make the distance.
Dunham vs Dam was just too lopsided to be of much interest, and Dunham's striking wasn't spectacular or entertaining like Cerrone's arse kicking performance. Although Dam certainly looked to be trying harder than Jury. Some "Just Bleed" entertainment at the end there.
Horiguchi versus Gaudinot was interesting, mostly because of Horiguchi's unusual striking style, but too one sided and lacking in overall activity to be a really good fight.
Lombard versus Burkman disappointed me quite a bit, simply because I was expecting the mismatch to result in a quick finish.

Reneau versus Defresne was an abomination.

It says a lot about the state of the sport when a card like yesterday is considered anything but awful.

It was not mediocre, it was bad. People are praising Cerrone. That was a lopsided, one way street affair. Jury did nothing worthy of note. Nothing. Cerrone looked good, but it was hardly a spectacular performance either. Just very dominant against a guy who seemed completely disconcerted. How is that a 'great' fight is beyond me.

Tavares and Marquardt was simply terrible. I don't think anyone can sanely defend that. Horiguchi looked okay, but the fight was hardly fireworks. It was a tentative cat and mouse fight with no real moments of danger. Kind of a stalemate. Utterly forgettable. No one will remember that fight a month from now.

Lombard is ludicrously overrated. And he is not that exciting, period. Of course, he is when one of his lumbering haymakers lands on severely overmatched opponents or by odd chances. But when they don't he's just a coarse fighter who looks for the KO with wide punches as his opponent avoids them. That fight was acceptable, but only that. It was really kind of boring.

Jones vs. Cormier was truly great for the first two rounds. Intense, competitive. But then Cormier started gassing, and his offensive output depleted very quickly. I would like to see how many punches he actually threw in the last two rounds, let alone landed. It became a clinch stalemate with very little actual action. And Herb was fine to let it continue. In the end the fight was simply wrecked by the prolonged clinching and wall and stall. Cormier was frustrating to watch; Jones didn't look very sharp on his feet, I thought. Yes, his takedowns were impressive: but nothing followed from them either.

Then of course there is the obvious fact that there were no finishes on the main card. Very, very underwhelmed. As was everyone at the bar.

Then what about last night made it such a bad value for you?

Were there not enough ranked fighters? Were there not enough finishes? Did your favorite guys not win? Were you not interested enough in the fighters on the card?

I am serious in saying this so don't think of it as me being a wiseass I am keepin it 100. Thank you for asking because at first I either misunderstood you or thought you were just trying to disagree with me.

I will also have to do this in the most PC of ways because I don't want the banhammer or dubs, having said that here we go.

Let me start with Burkman vs Lombard. Full disclosure i am not a big fan of hector. I look at this man and see a strong explosive powerful man whose scary reputation precedes himself. Fuggedabout Dean Lister or Tony Ferguson this is the real bogeyman of mma. Yes I know Burkman had never been KO'd in 37 fights. I also know he admitted to being beat up leading into the fight and didn't want to drop out and let the ufc down. Having said that the fight was strange and pretty hard to watch. Burk winning Lombards respect early maybe made him proceed with caution even tho Josh was on fumes. You even have an Olympic judoka with a textbook takedown in the last round with which he does nothimg with. Amazing.

Gaudinot vs Horiguchi. I get Horiguchi is unbeaten in the ufc, yes I know Gaudinot has name recognition in the weight class from tuf so it makes for exposure. But c'mon man! This is the most hyped card of the new year with the biggest Jones fighr ever as headliner. I know it was a technical affair with some good exchanges, and I have been a fan of plenty of 125ers and their fights, but myself and the people I was with some casuals some hardcores, both looked thought and spoke to ourselves should we be watching these 2 guys fight on this card right now with this placement and on the main card no less.

I have long been a nate marquardt fan so it is sad tonsee him beaten by a point kickboxer. Props to brad but he is just not fun to watch and is kinda boring and safe. If I qm not mistaken the guy's last finish was of phil freakin baroni. Again this is on the main card mind you.

Cowboy Cerrone is a man's man everyone knows this. Imo he should be the biggest star they have due to his attitude skills and want to. As chael sonnen said he makes that walk everytime. He had to do everything to sell the jury fight because while myles was undefeated and no doubt a talented fighter he wasn't ready for the spotlight. Jury froze up and literqlly delivered no meaningful offense. The high point was the last few wind up asskickings from cowboy.

I have no beef with DC/Jones. While I was openly rooting for DC I admired Jones performance and am mesmerized by his talents. He is the greatest fighter I have ever seen. Point blank period.

Sorry for the novel, but you asked. These are the things I see far too often with ufc ppv today.

It says a lot about the state of the sport when a card like yesterday is considered anything but awful.

It was not mediocre, it was bad. People are praising Cerrone. That was a lopsided, one way street affair. Jury did nothing worthy of note. Nothing. How is that a 'great' fight is beyond me.

Tavares and Marquardt was simply terrible. Horiguchi looked okay, but the fight was hardly fireworks. It was a tentative cat and mouse fight with no real moments of danger. Kind of a stalemate.

Lombard is ludicrously overrated. And he is not that exciting. Of course, he is when one of his lumbering haymakers lands. But when they don't he's just a coarse fighter who looks for the KO with wide punches. That fight was acceptable, but only that.

Jones vs. Cormier was truly great for the first two rounds. But then Cormier started gassing, and his offensive output depleted. It became a clinch stalemate with very little actual action. And Herb was fine to let it continue. In the end the fight was simply wrecked by the prolonged clinching and wall and stall. Cormier was frustrating to watch.

Then of course there is the obvious fact that there were no finishes on the main card. Very, very underwhelmed. As was everyone at the bar.

AMEN. Could not have said it better.

Aside from how he handled the one jones eye poke I thought herb was shit in there. Like you said far too much inactivity against the fence when they were clinched up at times. I know people wanted to see some good phone booth fighting but Dean rarely if ever told them to work or threatened to restart. Even in the championship rounds for Christ's sake.

Last edited:
Something was in the air where pretty much all the losing fighters didn't look themselves/looked like crap. Marquardt, Castillo, Jury, Cormier (mostly after the round 3 eyepokes and gassing in rounds 4 and 5, he was fien before that), Damm, Dufresne. I mean Brimage and Burkman at least made a go of it, but other than that it looked like they were drugged (not insinuating that they were, especially when people would have made more off of the underdogs).

It's been a long time since i've been waiting up til 4 AM to see a card live, but like most here, i got caught up in the Jones - DC hype and really looked forward to the card.

There wasn't a single finish on the main card. Which is fine, plenty of great fights have ended in decisions, but there weren't any great fights on last night.

Lombard vs Burkman was meh. Lombard is a very good fighter, but he's so overrated on this site. Someone like Rory would tool him imo.

I like watching Horiguchi fight, but his fight wasn't really that great either.

Nate Marquardt looked so shot and old. He's not main card material anymore imo.

Cerrone vs Jury was the classical case of a young and up and coming fighter crashing into reality. Jury had nothing for Cerrone. Too bad, because i was really looking forward to that fight.

Jones vs DC was ok i suppose. There always was the chance that it was gonna be a clinchy dirty boxing affair, so i wasn't shocked that it be became one. Too bad that DC gassed, i though he did fairly well until he did. Very impressed by Jones wrestling, that has to be said.

All in all, this card didn't deliver. Not for me at least.

agree ufc set this card up like boxing does their ppvs

jones dc was sloppy really boring fight💩👎 jones is the most boring champ in the ufc

jury wasnt ready cant blame cowboy

Cerrone and Jones both destroyed their competition. Well worth the ppv buy.

Myself and others strongly disagree. It is all about perspective i get it. But seriously is that really enough? 2 destructions for $60 on this particular card?? 2 destructions so dominant neither resulted in a finish??? The main card that produced 0 finishes????

If you still believe it is well worth that ppv buy I have 2 words for you sir:

ZUFFA SHILL

If it wasn't for Felder and Garbrandt the night would've been a bust. Jones vs Cormier getting FOTN says it all. Thought it was a relatively boring fight.

The ppv ended up being pretty mediocre. I didn't think it looked great on paper but got drawn in by the hype surrounding the main event. I actually didn't think the main event was bad but I was expecting to see more finishes on the main as I figured Nate, Jury and Burkman were getting KOed. I think Nate, Jury, and Burkman knew they were in over their heads early in the fight and played it somewhat safe. DC I feel did his best it just wasn't enough.

If it wasn't for Felder and Garbrandt the night would've been a bust. Jones vs Cormier getting FOTN says it all. Thought it was a relatively boring fight.

On top of that both guys you mentioned were on the prelims. Don't get me wrong I love free fights but no way should those 2 nice performances have been the highlight of our evening.

The ppv ended up being pretty mediocre. I didn't think it looked great on paper but got drawn in by the hype surrounding the main event. I actually didn't think the main event was bad but I was expecting to see more finishes on the main as I figured Nate, Jury and Burkman were getting KOed. I think Nate, Jury, and Burkman knew they were in over their heads early in the fight and played it somewhat safe. DC I feel did his best it just wasn't enough.

How about A finish?

I very much enjoyed it

Yeah, I agree the main card wasn't the best. I was actually nearly nodding off but had to stay up for Jones v DC

Back