Media UFC 178: Yoel Romero and Tim Kennedy Backstage Exchange

All of you saying Tim shouldn't be mad or doesn't have any right to be mad because of the glove grabbing, he in that moment probably didnt even know or remember he even did. In the heat of battle something like that can just happen. He got away with it and thats how it goes sometimes....Yoel definitely shouldn't have gotten away with not getting up in time tho.
He had a year to think it through and still acted like he was clean and only Romero was dirty on rogans

So the blatant foul that caused Romero to NEED recovery time is fine, but the additional recovery time is unfair?

<36>

And the reason he got more time is because the ufc official screwed up, not Romeros corner.
Literally clear as day but dummies will still question

By rule if the fighter can't go at the start of the next round, the fight is over. So, yeah, that's what he's complaining about. He's saying the fight should have been called then.
It wasn’t that he couldn’t go. The ref wanted the extra Vaseline off and called his corner back in

It wasn’t that he couldn’t go. The ref wanted the extra Vaseline off and called his corner back in.

Wrong. It's not like he stood up, on time, they were headed out of the cage, and then they got called back. He sat on that stool the entire time, and basically troweled Vaseline on him exactly because they knew the referee would insist they remove it. They were late in starting to leave the ring, and then they slow-walked to the door. When they went to "leave" the cage, they just forgot the stool? And you think that was somehow legit? When they came back and they pointed at the vaseline on his eyebrown and told them to wipe it off, they sit there and wipe off his back, his chest....ALL WHILE HE SAT ON THE STOOL.

He could not answer the bell, clearly.

In a more recent fight, they dumped a pint of water on him as they were leaving, knowing that the referee would have to make them wipe it up.

He's a cheater. Straight up.

Wrong. It's not like he stood up, on time, they were headed out of the cage, and then they got called back. He sat on that stool the entire time, and basically troweled Vaseline on him exactly because they knew the referee would insist they remove it. They were late in starting to leave the ring, and then they slow-walked to the door. When they went to "leave" the cage, they just forgot the stool? And you think that was somehow legit? When they came back and they pointed at the vaseline on his eyebrown and told them to wipe it off, they sit there and wipe off his back, his chest....ALL WHILE HE SAT ON THE STOOL.

In a more recent fight, they dumped a pint of water on him as they were leaving, knowing that the referee would have to make them wipe it up.

Vet tactics in my book, but potato/poTAHto.

“Whoops- we forgot the stool. What? Sorry, no espeaka the English.”

You guys don’t appreciate Tim Kennedy enough.
All cage fighter are badasses, but then there’s guys like Tim and Brian Stann. They set the bar a little higher.

All of you saying Tim shouldn't be mad or doesn't have any right to be mad because of the glove grabbing, he in that moment probably didnt even know or remember he even did. In the heat of battle something like that can just happen. He got away with it and thats how it goes sometimes....Yoel definitely shouldn't have gotten away with not getting up in time tho.
I can give my view from training (not anywhere near Tim's level obviously) but it's fairly obvious when your finger get into someone's gloves and when it's happened to me I immediately let go or get wrist control or something. I think Tim knew he had it and tried to take advantage cos he was on his way to losing. I have no sympathy for him.

Tim actually cheated by grabbing Yoel’s glove

BJM admits stool gate is entirely his fault for telling Yoel to sit on the stool, yet frail genetic dumbasses wanna blame Yoel

I liked Tim a lot at one point, but his handling of this incident sort of lowered his stock for me along with a few other things here and there. If he'd had the wherewithal to let the incident slide with a "shit happens" mentality and acted above it all, it would have fit the persona he'd cultivated up to that point... especially since, he, you know, also cheated before that.

Doesn't matter, really. He was always more of perennial gatekeeper material; I could possibly see him getting a title shot if the stars aligned just right, but Gastelum laid a beating on him and I'm not convinced Rob or Izzy couldn't do the same.

Still respect the dude for what he accomplished in and out of the cage, however.

Kennedy blatantly cheated and got away with it. Yoel got extra time to recover because the commission made a mistake. Tim gets KTFO and acts like the victim.

Most fighters I either like or am impartial to, but Tim Kennedy was someone I always actively rooted against. He just seems like a massive prick

It’s a bizarre fight but without it I wouldn’t have heard so much about Yoel, along with his other fight with Lyoto.

Lol. You say wrong and then proceed to spout utter shit.

It has been established a million times, even by the ref in question, that Yoels cornernen were not responsible for over globbing his head. It was the UFC cutman, and the ref wanted it off. There was no towel. Chaos ensued. Yoel sat while they figured it out. Did his corner milk it by walking slow? Yes. Was it their fuck up? No.

The very ref in question said it wasn’t Yoels fault, that a bunch of fuck ups happened at once, starting with Kennedy’s glove grab.

The only reason Kennedy was in a hurry to start the round was because he wanted to capitalize on damage caused by his foul.

Lol. You say wrong and then proceed to spout utter shit.

It has been established a million times, even by the ref in question, that Yoels cornernen were not responsible for over globbing his head. It was the UFC cutman, and the ref wanted it off. There was no towel. Chaos ensued. Yoel sat while they figured it out. Did his corner milk it by walking slow? Yes. Was it their fuck up? No.

The very ref in question said it wasn’t Yoels fault, that a bunch of fuck ups happened at once, starting with Kennedy’s glove grab.

The only reason Kennedy was in a hurry to start the round was because he wanted to capitalize on damage caused by his foul.

This.

I imagine any fighter would take advantage of it, but it was not Yoel's fault.

This.

I imagine any fighter would take advantage of it, but it was not Yoel's fault.
People have a hard time looking at this objectively.

Yoel and corner milked the situation but they caused none of it. Their fighter was fouled, badly. They took advantage of chaos to let their fighter recover from an unnoticed foul for an extra 30 seconds. They willingly accepted the extra seconds to recover that were caused by the ref and cutman of the UFC.

For TK to act high and mighty and refuse to shake hands is ludicrous. Kennedy is the one with no leg to stand on since his only offense in the entire fight was a result of cheating and he’s mad that his opponent was able to recover only to come back and finish him.

Why would you need to be in a gun fight ? Why would you want to murder a house full of people you absolute weirdo

Why would you need to be in a gun fight ? I live in Texas
Why would you want to murder a house full of people you absolute weirdo.. He is a soldier. War is real

<GrassoBless>

Nothing worse than when the UFC constantly reminded us of Tim Kennedy, Brian Stann and some other C tier fighter I can't recall now being "heroes." That fight was so great to watch and seeing Tim complain like a small child who got put in time out will never, ever get old. War Romero always and forever for that fight.

For a man who has gone to war and see it all, Tim is a whiny bitch

War? Nah, he invaded a country/countries via illegal wars, committed acts of terror, helped to greatly destabilize regions and was a part of the massacre of thousands of innocent men, women and children all so some fat old rich white American cunts could get richer. In other words, fuck him and all the soldiers who committed those atrocities and never faced justice.

Why would you need to be in a gun fight ? I live in Texas
Why would you want to murder a house full of people you absolute weirdo.. He is a soldier. War is real

<GrassoBless>
Ok Billy the kid. I apologise, you must've been in dozens of gun fights being from texas and all. Those Tin cans in your back yard were real fierce opposition.
You live in regular ole warzone.Sweeping houses and taking them all out in Texas everyday don't you.
I love the way you inject yourself into Tim's world like it's your own.funny guy.
You do no require the services of tim Kennedy just helax buddy.

Ok Billy the kid. I apologise, you must've been in dozens of gun fights being from texas and all. Those Tin cans in your back yard were real fierce opposition.
You live in regular ole warzone.Sweeping houses and taking them all out in Texas everyday don't you.
I love the way you inject yourself into Tim's world like it's your own.funny guy.
You do no require the services of tim Kennedy just helax buddy.
Wow. You really dig deep. Again. I would rather have him on my side in a gunfight. No dis to Yoel, but Tim is the real shit. We actually get to own real guns here. You are missing out. That is all.

Back