UFC 175: Struve vs Mitrione

Gotta fear for Struve's long term well being....dude really needs to hang em up he's taken so much damage over his career

Not a terrible record, because he didn't have one.
Matt Mitrione debuted as a pro on the UFC.

Edit: Wrong thread, but it was about Matt anyway lol.

If Stefan Struve loses what do you think is next for him? And if he wins what then?

Same with Matt Mitrione...if he wins, where do you think he goes in the division, do you think he goes to top 10? Do you think he could hang there with Stipe Miocic, Travis Brown, Overeem etc?? If he loses what then?

If Stefan Struve loses what do you think is next for him? And if he wins what then?

Same with Matt Mitrione...if he wins, where do you think he goes in the division, do you think he goes to top 10? Do you think he could hang there with Stipe Miocic, Travis Brown, Overeem etc?? If he loses what then?

if Struve gets KO'd then someone needs to have a talk with him. Struve/Bigfoot could be good if he wins.

Mitrione wouldn't be top ten with a win. If he loses Dana will keep him around because he's an exciting brawler. I would love to see Mitrione vs Browne at some point.

Struve should handle Meathead fairly easily. I love Mitrione...he's a funny and cool dude, but he is mid-tier at best, and hasn't beaten anybody whom I consider a serious Heavyweight. Struve has faced and beaten tougher competition, and I think he is ready to break into the the top ten. The guy has freakish height/length, good stand-up, good submissions, and fights with great heart. He might not win the HW belt, but I think he could be a serious contender if he continues to improve and maximizes his physical gifts/advantages.

Struve by TKO or submission round 1.

/thread

Why is everybody doubting that Mitrione could be in top 10? I think he is still improving and has a lot of potential.

Struve's takedowns and slickness at getting the fight to the ground are fairly underrated. Didn't he take down Mark Hunt in their fight? I know he was on top in the 1st. I think it was via takedown. If he plays to his strengths and Mitrione hasn't upped his ground game, I smell a sub.

Why is everybody doubting that Mitrione could be in top 10? I think he is still improving and has a lot of potential.

He's too much of a turtle on his back and I haven't seen the takedown defense he would need to overcome that. Plus, for a HW, he keeps his hands low. Roy Nelson should have taught him to keep them up. Plus, I think he's like Travis Browne, in that he just uses his athleticism to strike and doesn't really set things up.

Mitrione's ground game:
-Getting slammed by Kimbo
-Getting a gift standup against that football player
-Getting saved by the bell in the first round against Joey Beltran
-Getting battered by Cheick Kongo in the third round
-Getting subbed by Schaub

I haven't seen him scramble up or show really good takedown defense. I guess, it was OK against De Fries(That was just weird. KO by sprawl), Jordan, and Beltran after the first round, but that's a limited sample. Plus, those guys didn't try that hard or were at a size disadvantage. The guys I've seen try to takedown Mitrione without being gassed have done so successfully. And when he's on his back, he doesn't get up.

Last edited:
Struve all day!
tumblr_mb6hgiS6Bc1rg8g1xo1_500.gif

Struve by sub mayb rd 3 or dec but i think meathead does have a shot for tko? Esp cuz Struve been out

If Struve gets TKO'd again he should probably retire.

Back