UFC 173 - UFC getting serious about brain damage

Exactly what I am talking about, the fighters need to be protected from themselves. .

You should create a non profit organization with that motto.

True Compassion is what Dan's all about

1524080_o.gif

Thread

Nope, all I said is true. Chuck was literally forced to retire cause otherwise he'd probably get killed and that was I think the only time the UFC did that.
Dana wants Nog to retire, cool, what's he doing about it? Probably giving him another main/co-main event.

youre so dumb, hes at least saying that they should retire

like someone said, theyre GROWN MEN

Everyone commenting that "Fighters can just refuse the fight!" or "GAHH, they're grown men!!1" need to realize that when these guys go brain dead the lawsuits will still fall on the UFC and the athletic commissions. They should do a better job keeping fighters safe.

I am working pro bono here because I am not awful enough not to care. Blame my parents, I don't know.

you don't get paid to be stupid and inconsiderate either.

That's freedom of speech for you, bro.
Love you

Big Nog is practically blind on one eye, has no knees, has no neck, can barely walk-gets to headlined events

UFC doesn't care much about fighters. Fighters often refuse to believe that they're done and fight till they get killed. That's where the UFC needs to step up, but nah, they rather have those corpses get brutalized in main/co-main events.

Gonna fight Little Nog.. but still, you're right Big Nog has nothing left..
I wanna see him go. No one can take away what you did in Pride, and your TKO upset win in UFC's return to Brazil.

If he keeps going he might literally start falling apart like Sakuraba

Big Nog is practically blind on one eye, has no knees, has no neck, can barely walk-gets to headlined events

UFC doesn't care much about fighters. Fighters often refuse to believe that they're done and fight till they get killed. That's where the UFC needs to step up, but nah, they rather have those corpses get brutalized in main/co-main events.

Yeah, like when they forced Liddell to keep going out there just so they could make an extra buck...oh wait. I think the UFC is smart enough to see that brain damage can come back to haunt a company (NFL)

Yeah man the UFC has no compassion for brain damage.

But, didn't you guys love when Hendo gave that "little extra" to bisping and Wand? What a compassionate guy.

Everyone commenting that "Fighters can just refuse the fight!" or "GAHH, they're grown men!!1" need to realize that when these guys go brain dead the lawsuits will still fall on the UFC and the athletic commissions. They should do a better job keeping fighters safe.

Its the fight game, it involves trying to hit a guy in the head. Please explain in what ways you think the UFC should make the sport safer.

And by the way, fighters can refuse fights, and they're grown men. The information about brain damage is out there. But heres the thing, the one fact, the one thing that can best prevent brain damage, the one thing that people don't talk about that works the best. Ready? Ready for it? Here it comes...

RETIRE AT A YOUNGER AGE

Pertaining to Football, boxing, kickboxing, MMA, Hockey, and other full contact sports. Petty fucking rules like the "defenseless Player" rule in the NFL, and the "no knees to the head of downed opponents" do little to nothing to keep players safe, while retiring even one year earlier reduces thousands of head hits and greatly reduces the potential for brain damage.

And don't even say "but what about tez gice that don make enuf??" football players all make enough after four or five years to retire at the age of 28, yet they CHOOSE, keyword CHOOSE (I'll say it again) CHOOSE CHOOSE CHOOSE to keep playing and putting themselves in danger for brain injuries. Whose fault is that? That's what I thought.

Many boxers and Hockey players are also in this boat. The information is out there about brain injuries, they have the information to make an educated decision, yet they still go out there and put money above their overall health. But guess what, if they get brain damage, where do the fingers point? Thats what I thought.

There are some athletes that don't make enough to retire, but at the end of the day, that's their fault. If they stay in the sport too long, its their decision and their body, and they have to deal with the consequences. The fact of the matter is that many athletes don't value their own health as much making money.

What about Dan Henderson?
Wanderlei Silva?
Peyton Manning?
London Fletcher?
Ed Reed?

This is five examples, but I could give you ten thousand. Why are these guys still playing a sport that could give them CTE or pugilistic dementia when they've long been able to retire?
But hey, its not their fault, its everyone else's. Blame everyone else for your fucking stupid decisions and problems, I guess its trendy and en vogue now. This shit makes me irate. Be a man, man up for your decisions, quit pawning them off on other people. RETIRE AT A YOUNGER AGE.

They get paid to fight. They know the risks that come with it.
It's not the only job in the world. They could go into the military, get their leg blown off or worse and have no recourse. They choose to fight and pursue the glory of being an mma fighter.

Everything you do in life has it's risks. Weigh them carefully.

It doesn't matter anyway, Cormier is just going to wall and stall him like he did with Nelson.

Back