UFC 173 Payouts Released

they are over paid for doing a few minutes of work.

And a lifetime of brain damajamajama, also I'm pretty sure they trained for months beforehand and have to see a doctor then heal after every fight. The product we see May be minutes but the work put in was months worth.

And a lifetime of brain damajamajama, also I'm pretty sure they trained for months beforehand and have to see a doctor then heal after every fight. The product we see May be minutes but the work put in was months worth.

Wish I got paid to train. Face it. They got the easy life except for 20 min a year

That's all I'm saying. I respect MMA athletes and don't think they get paid enough for the risks that they take thats all. An elite guy like Barao should be able to fight for 5-10 years and retire comfortably. I hope he has a backup plan, because when he retires its a wrap for him.

That's all I'm saying. I respect MMA athletes and don't think they get paid enough for the risks that they take thats all. An elite guy like Barao should be able to fight for 5-10 years and retire comfortably. I hope he has a backup plan, because when he retires its a wrap for him.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/2/5...lary-reporting-numbers-ufc-169-barao-mma-news

Some fighters think that spreading misinformation because they don't know/understand any better such as the highly parroted "Barao makes 11k" hurts their bottom line ultimately.

74k for a guy Dana himselfs says is #1 p4p lol. 74k guys that's nba and nfl player snack money for the month but this the big leagues right... What's worst is now he isn't the champ so he will like be making 11k a fight again. He is going to have to was his clothes in the bathtub forever.

Doing your part to hurt fighter pay while pretending to be concerned about it.

"MMAManifesto sucks, they keep on reporting wrong #'s on fighters pay, and other websites report the same #'s out of laziness.
This might not seem to be a big deal, but as a fighter I can tell that this is a big deal.
To give an example, when I fought Phil Davis, MMA Manifesto reported that I had made $8k to show in that fight, when in fact I've made $22k (which was my second fight in a 6-figure contract)
Here is the issue, when I had to negotiate with other promotions after getting cut from the UFC these promotions wanted to pay me based on what I was making in the UFC, and the only thing that they could find online were the $8k reported by MMA Manifesto, so they ended up low balling me thinking that they were making me a nice offer, since they were offering me something close to what I was making in the UFC (according to MMA Manifesto, but nowhere close to the real numbers).

I'm writing this because I just saw that they have reported Bar

I'm glad Lawler is making dat money!

No wonder he wants to fight as much as possible. I would too :icon_chee

Good on Robbie. He totally deserves that pay. If he wasn't on that card I wouldn't have bought it.

Hendo signed a new deal after losing 3 in a row, what do you expect him to get a raise?

You can still say he's underpaid, but $74k/$74k is over 6 times as much money as $11k/$11k. People that were assuming he was still getting $11k/$11k were way off.

This was also the first fight on a new contract.... He still could have been getting around $10,000-20,000 show/win for all we know.

You sound like you are arguing just to argue now. How bout you actually address the real topic?

I'm not arguing. I addressed one point of your post because I thought it was off base, and you responded in defense of that one point.

On the "real topic" of fighter pay, I couldn't care less, to be honest.

barao needs to just move up in weight to make more money lol. forget being a champion!

Lawler wasn't even co-main and he made more than the so called pound for pound former champ. Something isn't right.

75k+75k with PPV points would be pretty good if he could actually sell PPV's. I wonder if he has even hit the PPV # to kick in the points.

The Alvarez deal online has it kick in after 200K, so he could get an extra maybe 50K to 100K if his deal is similar because hes been doing around 250-300K buys.

Back