UFC 173 Payouts Released

Robbie getting paid, still on his strikeforce contract?
Barao making 70k is pretty funny

sort of doubt it, since it's the third fight on the bill, but maybe that explains it. weird.

I thought Cormier v. Hendo was co-main? That fight seemed to get the most attention, even more than the title fight, but I can't remember if it was co-main or not even though it was less than a week ago lol. $50k does seem very low for Hendo so maybe the number is wrong or he is getting PPV monies.

Wow, at Hendo's money.. disgraceful to a legend that..

Nostalgia counts for nothing in a contract negotiation.

Henderson isn't worth a huge contract any more and he was smart enough to realise that.

lol at people thinking hendo deserves more for being good a few years ago

I thought Cormier v. Hendo was co-main? That fight seemed to get the most attention, even more than the title fight, but I can't remember if it was co-main or not even though it was less than a week ago lol. $50k does seem very low for Hendo so maybe the number is wrong or he is getting PPV monies.

yeah you're right, my bad! also another site lists hendo as making 100K which sounds totally normal for show money.

Nostalgia counts for nothing in a contract negotiation.

Henderson isn't worth a huge contract any more and he was smart enough to realise that.

Hendo didn't really have much of a choice, the UFC is a monolpy and can take advanagte of guys... Hendo said he cut his pay by more than half, ridiculous.

lol at people thinking hendo deserves more for being good a few years ago

He is still good, not so long ago he went the distance with Machida ( the guy in line vs Weidman) and Rashad.. IMO he won both fights.

Lol I knew it. People kept acting like Barao was this rich man, and that the 11k/11k wasn't even close to his earnings. The "champ" who is #1 p4p was only making 75k/75k? No wonder he was complaining about his pay and it sucks that he lost and now lost power for renegotiating.

Im sorry but how much exactly does a fight camp cost? Because i know for damn sure he has a lot of money left over after that

Didn't Barao also get a $50K bonus for FOTN? So he made $124K for this right, right?

I'm pretty sure we all knew he wasn't getting 11k/11k. For your number 1 p4p to not even be guaranteed 6 figures a fight is horrendous.

That's a very different argument than saying $148K and $22K are in the same ballpark.

Barao is only making 74K and he was the so called #1 P4P fighter?

Robbie and DC makes more than the former champ, lol.
Baraos pay is close to Ellenbergers.. shit

Hendo didn't really have much of a choice, the UFC is a monolpy and can take advanagte of guys... Hendo said he cut his pay by more than half, ridiculous.

He is still good, not so long ago he went the distance with Machida ( the guy in line vs Weidman) and Rashad.. IMO he won both fights.

Losing 2 fights prior to his contract expiring didn't help.

None of those dollar figures are that great when you factor in the cost of training camps, flying your coaches/family to the events, etc. These guys spend a LOT of money to be professional fighters.

That's a very different argument than saying $148K and $22K are in the same ballpark.

When you are the champ it is, 148k and 22k are pathetic. Why is Barao barely making more than Ellenberger, you can try tp spin it however you want but 75k is chump change.

haha at people saying Renan was making 100k or more win or lose.

He probably even received less than that for the first Faber and Wineland fights.

Luckily for Renan he always gets a bonus for exciting fights.

So the Mayweather of MMA makes 70k while the Real mayweather makes 70 MIL. LMAO

and how is Hendo making 50k?? Wasn't he making 250k a fight in strikeforce?

Didn't Barao also get a $50K bonus for FOTN? So he made $124K for this right, right?

So the #1 p4p made 5 times less than journeyman, non champion, boxer Mikey Alvarado?

mmapayout.com/2014/05/jmm-alvarado-on-hbo-score-1-2-million-viewers/

For those wondering, JMM made $1.4 million this past Saturday while Alvarado made $650,000 according to the California State Athletic Commission (via Bad Left Hook).

So the #1 p4p made 5 times less than journeyman, non champion, boxer Mikey Alvarado?

mmapayout.com/2014/05/jmm-alvarado-on-hbo-score-1-2-million-viewers/

idk why people think 75k is so much money. after taxes, gym fees, nutrition, paying off coaches, he probably didnt make that much, plus he took a beating. boxers make mma fighters look like walmart greeters when it comes to pay

Back