UFC 173: International Fight Week On-Sale Press Conference DISCUSSION (Video Inside)

What did he say?

this fan

He went on a rant, he pretty much complimented all the fighters on stage and then did his best impression of Chael Sonnen.

[YT]7UBYfpz7HPI[/YT]

Skip to 40:50

He went on a rant, he pretty much complimented all the fighters on stage and then did his best impression of Chael Sonnen.

[YT]7UBYfpz7HPI[/YT]

Skip to 40:50

LOL

what a fool, must be ravden

Lol that Chael fan is awesome

:icon_lol:

Chael's biggest fan was funny
Wanderlei getting pissed was funny as well
Dana saying 'Ronda has a boyfriend' was a good one
Dana making fun of the Weidman fan who seemed like he was autistic was funny
BJ getting hyped, Chael with his usual stuff and all made this pretty fun to watch

Genuinely the most awkward press conference i've ever seen.

And I've seen plenty of Diaz conferences.

Thanks for the vid. I just saw it was on FS2 and tried to watch, but they kept cutting away to F'ing Glazer & commercials.

BJ Penn was there. Lyoto, Weidman, but they kept asking dumb questions for Ronda & Ronda vs Mayweather. I think the media armed with their microphones are the ones who set the theme for these conferences. They clearly barely put any thought into coming up with good things to ask. Good for Dana for saying no more men vs women questions.

BJ's nose was the skinniest I've ever seen, I think.

Wanderlei sitting next to BJ and no one asked BJ about him wanting to fight Wanderlei back in PRIDE?

Chael's biggest fan was funny
Wanderlei getting pissed was funny as well
Dana saying 'Ronda has a boyfriend' was a good one
Dana making fun of the Weidman fan who seemed like he was autistic was funny
BJ getting hyped, Chael with his usual stuff and all made this pretty fun to watch

I agree.
This was the funnest pre-fight press conference I have ever watched. By far.

That press conference was so cringeworthy at times. The majority of the fan questions were just awful.

Sonnen: "On July 5th and on July 6th, the biggest UFC of the Year on the biggest Fight Weekend of all time, complete with expo, will be headlined by yours truly, and I would like to thank Chris and Ronda for providing the Encore to the Main Event."

(audience holler)

Reporter: "Ronda, what do you have to say to that??"

Rousey: "Well, I think everybody in Vegas knows the Encore is better than the Wynn."

Sonnen: "...that's actually very good!" :D

(everyone on the panel cracks up excepts Machida and Wand)

Last edited:
Back