UFC 171: Hendricks vs. Lawler Prelims PBP (Discussion) 3:15pm PT/6:15pm ET/10:15pm UK

somethings fucking wikipedia up

i-was-tired-of-seeing-somethings-fucky-as-a-jpg-made-a-gif-instead-17917.gif

lol at the 30 27. in a round where there was basically only striking there is no way it should go to the guy who gets rocked and almost finished.

Actually in boxing if a guy clearly wins a round then gets dropped the round is consider drawn. There's no such rule in MMA regarding knockdowns so I don't see a problem with it. Story was pretty much being dominated...I could see if it was close but it wasn't.

I had the fight a draw. No clear winner of the third round in my opinion

Kelvin wasn't dominant enough in the second to justify giving him the round despite getting rocked and dropped.

29-28 gastelum imo.

pretty nice performance from him even though he got nailed a few times.

both guys showed some shoddy ground work.

Are you stupid? Kelvin easily won that fight.

The only reason Story got round two was because he rocked him.

Whats the problem with the 30-27? Kelvin won every round, are you telling me Story won the second because he rocked him? he rocked Story also and won the entire round undoubtly.

Oh and the third, Story got rocked twice, did you guys forget it just because of the back control?

Yes, Story won the 2nd round. The 3rd is arguable but the 2nd isn't. If you drop someone in a round of almost all standup there's no way to give the other guy the round. Have you ever read the rules?

I put all my V-cash on Lombard....

that's two fights Gastelum lost that the judges gave him. Uriah Hall beat him and so did Rick Story

Actually in boxing if a guy clearly wins a round then gets dropped the round is consider drawn. There's no such rule in MMA regarding knockdowns so I don't see a problem with it. Story was pretty much being dominated...I could see if it was close but it wasn't.

I had the fight a draw. No clear winner of the third round in my opinion

1) This isn't boxing.

2) Story was losing the round but he wasn't "getting dominated". You guys throw that term around way too loosely.

3) In a round of all striking the guy landing the heavier shots wins, regardless of the # of shots landed by the opponent. # of strikes is only considered if the heaviness is equal. If someone drops the opponent and has them hurt like Story had Kelvin hurt at the end, they landed the heaviest strikes. The rules are in my sig. Read them.

And I was pulling for Kelvin.

These 22 year olds are making me feel like an old man!

Back