UFC 171: Hendricks vs. Lawler Prelims PBP (Discussion) 3:15pm PT/6:15pm ET/10:15pm UK

30-27 is a ok scorecard, two last rounds were close, despite the knockdown and the back control

hmmm, I can see where you're coming from. Kelvin controlled like 4 minutes and 30 seconds of round 2 but then got knocked down. Round 3 was hard to score too.. Good fight.

lol at the 30 27. in a round where there was basically only striking there is no way it should go to the guy who gets rocked and almost finished.

29-28, Story. Gas' RD1, Story RD's 2 and 3.

Good fight.

Ooooh gee I really thought Story won those last two rounds... I can't really make a case for Gastelum winning the third but the second was close until the flurry from Story at the end. Great fight though. Feel sorry for Story but Gastelum just did what Hendricks couldn't do.

Whats the problem with the 30-27? Kelvin won every round, are you telling me Story won the second because he rocked him? he rocked Story also and won the entire round undoubtly.

Oh and the third, Story got rocked twice, did you guys forget it just because of the back control?

I have it 30 - 28 KG.

He clearly won round 1 and 3. He was soundly beating on Story for 4:35 of the round, and then got caught with 3 or 4 punches. Either KG's round or draw imo.

30-27 isn't really that bad imo.

I honestly don't think 30-27 is unreasonable. Kelvin was winning that entire 2nd round up until the last 10 seconds and though Story had the back in the 3rd Kelvin was still outstriking him and had him visibly hurt in that round. I had it 2-1, yeah, but I can understand 3-0.

Story didn't do shit with the back mount.. though Kelvin stole the 3rd at the end.

lol at the 30 27. in a round where there was basically only striking there is no way it should go to the guy who gets rocked and almost finished.

After he dominated the whole round? Just because you get rocked doesn't mean you automatically lose the round. 30-27 cry more KG is coming pls

Technically, with current judging criteria I'd give story the nod because of the near KO at the end of round 2 and winning round 3 with long back control in an otherwise even round. But judged as a whole fight I'd say Gastellum won overall.

Whats the problem with the 30-27? Kelvin won every round, are you telling me Story won the second because he rocked him? he rocked Story also and won the entire round undoubtly.

Dropping someone is better than rocking them. I had it split with Kelvin winning, but Story had the second round IMO.

I didn't know OSP was Omega Psi Phi...

I'm not surprised at the 30-27 score. That's in line with how Rampage vs Forrest was scored as it's not necessarily only about who did the biggest thing in the round, if that person lost the rest of it. I wouldn't have given Kelvin that round myself but it's good for people to realize that this is not something unique.

Story didn't do shit with the back mount.. though Kelvin stole the 3rd at the end.

Kelvin rocked story hard in round three, then took story down, but story got out of it and got back mount on kelvin, then kelvin reversed it and swung for the fences till the end of the round. Hard round to score, but I think kelvin edged it out.

Back